Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

Catter said:
Mate I am very close with the Nully footy club and I'm preety sure the Bode and Benji will stay just from whats been said. But even if he and Bode want to come back next I dont think it would be wise to bad him out and not making him feel welcome. Benji has settled in really well and being playing good footy.

good call catter. I agree with ringo, no one player is above the club but the clubs arn't alway the victims. Clubs can take for granted some players and just expect them to hang around while they throw huge money at recruits who might not deserve it, leaving the local player to ask what is going on. If this bloke is as good as Riewoldt12 says he is i think the club should keep him interested by letting him stay around and train. He has stood by them for 200 od games. There seems to be a fair bit more going on behind the scenes at the Deni Rover i think. Their coach quit for the 2nd time on the weekend. The tresurer also threw the towell in. Whats going on down there Riewoldt12 ??

mutton chops said:
good call catter. I agree with ringo, no one player is above the club but the clubs arn't alway the victims. Clubs can take for granted some players and just expect them to hang around while they throw huge money at recruits who might not deserve it, leaving the local player to ask what is going on. If this bloke is as good as Riewoldt12 says he is i think the club should keep him interested by letting him stay around and train. He has stood by them for 200 od games. There seems to be a fair bit more going on behind the scenes at the Deni Rover i think. Their coach quit for the 2nd time on the weekend. The tresurer also threw the towell in. Whats going on down there Riewoldt12 ??

Mutton Chops, we are simply disappointed with how the whole season is going. Losing Benji has simply compounded that. I don't know where you heard about the coach and treasurer, because that is all news to me.
As for paying players, the club pays no one, which may be a problem in itself, except for their coaches.
Hopefully things will turn around. As for Bode, he has already contacted an ex-player about sitting on the bench and being chairman of selectors for us next year, so I would say the job is pretty much done there.
Will hopefully have more news for you guys after training tonight.

Riewoldt12 said:
Mutton Chops, we are simply disappointed with how the whole season is going. Losing Benji has simply compounded that. I don't know where you heard about the coach and treasurer, because that is all news to me.
As for paying players, the club pays no one, which may be a problem in itself, except for their coaches.
Hopefully things will turn around. As for Bode, he has already contacted an ex-player about sitting on the bench and being chairman of selectors for us next year, so I would say the job is pretty much done there.
Will hopefully have more news for you guys after training tonight.

Heard on the grape vine about the tresurer and read about the coach quitting on the pastoral times website. Not having ago at the club about paid players just giving an overview from an outsider. I have seen in the past a few local players taken for granted while others get huge money. If that doesnt happen at your club thats great. Let us know how training goes tonight. Could be an interesting night for you. Good luck.. If i hear any more on the hardman and bode issue from my contacts i will let you know.

Our coach has stepped down as senior coach for the remainder of the year. The big man is due to have major heart surgery and it seems he is able to get in and get that done a little quicker than expected. Therefore, simply does not have the time to go on. Caretaker coach will be formally announced on Thursday night, but more than likely will be assistant coach Gerard Robinson, who is highly respected among the playing group.
As for our treasurer, he is staying on and has been quite vocal in his non-support of the coach from the beginning of the year. He simply should stick to his role and let the football side take care of itself.
A good feeling at training last night. Had close to our best numbers for the year. A few of us senior players also spoke to our ex-coach and wished him the best of luck in the coming weeks. There are definitely no hard feeling between the players and coach.
Maybe, just maybe all things are pointing to an upset win over Mathoura this weekend. WHo knows, stranger things have happened.
That is all.

Riewoldt12 said:
Our coach has stepped down as senior coach for the remainder of the year. The big man is due to have major heart surgery and it seems he is able to get in and get that done a little quicker than expected. Therefore, simply does not have the time to go on. Caretaker coach will be formally announced on Thursday night, but more than likely will be assistant coach Gerard Robinson, who is highly respected among the playing group.
As for our treasurer, he is staying on and has been quite vocal in his non-support of the coach from the beginning of the year. He simply should stick to his role and let the football side take care of itself.
A good feeling at training last night. Had close to our best numbers for the year. A few of us senior players also spoke to our ex-coach and wished him the best of luck in the coming weeks. There are definitely no hard feeling between the players and coach.
Maybe, just maybe all things are pointing to an upset win over Mathoura this weekend. WHo knows, stranger things have happened.
That is all.

Totally agree. Committee members especially executive committee members should stick to running the club and let the coach do what they have employed him to do, coach. Bugs me alot when committee members try to influence what happens out on the field. I they want to coach they should apply for the position when it comes available, if not show some support.
Mathoura this weekend. Didnt i hear that there were a couple of players neally come to Rovers this year but opted to travell to mathoura for huge money ? Should be a good game.
With the coach gone, will the new assistant still welcolme mr hardman back to training or do you think that door will be closed ? interesting couple of weeks for you guys. good luck this weekend.

mutton chops said:
Totally agree. Committee members especially executive committee members should stick to running the club and let the coach do what they have employed him to do, coach. Bugs me alot when committee members try to influence what happens out on the field. I they want to coach they should apply for the position when it comes available, if not show some support.
Mathoura this weekend. Didnt i hear that there were a couple of players neally come to Rovers this year but opted to travell to mathoura for huge money ? Should be a good game.
With the coach gone, will the new assistant still welcolme mr hardman back to training or do you think that door will be closed ? interesting couple of weeks for you guys. good luck this weekend.

Yeah, a few of the Mathoura guys were virtually through the door, in particular Brad Todd, but Mathoura came in with a very big cheque book and lured down the road.
Club would love nothing better than to take it right up to them this weekend.
As for Robbo welcoming Benji back. Unsure about that. I know he is not happy with what has happened, but he would also know that he only has the job for 6 weeks, therefore may simply put up with it. Robbo travels from Echuca and is unlikely to be there next year.

Riewoldt12 said:
Yeah, a few of the Mathoura guys were virtually through the door, in particular Brad Todd, but Mathoura came in with a very big cheque book and lured down the road.
Club would love nothing better than to take it right up to them this weekend.
As for Robbo welcoming Benji back. Unsure about that. I know he is not happy with what has happened, but he would also know that he only has the job for 6 weeks, therefore may simply put up with it. Robbo travels from Echuca and is unlikely to be there next year.

The stand in coach has no aspirations of coaching next year ? Why is it doubtful that he will not return ? Is it the travel? It is probably one of the biggest issues in footy i think, travelling especially with the price of fuel. Players who travell dont want to be out of pocket (which is fair enough) so the clubs normally would wear the extra costs. Which is what may be pushing up the ever increasing player costs to clubs. Tough issue but no simple answer.

mutton chops said:
The stand in coach has no aspirations of coaching next year ? Why is it doubtful that he will not return ? Is it the travel? It is probably one of the biggest issues in footy i think, travelling especially with the price of fuel. Players who travell dont want to be out of pocket (which is fair enough) so the clubs normally would wear the extra costs. Which is what may be pushing up the ever increasing player costs to clubs. Tough issue but no simple answer.

Robbo is probably at the end of his playing days. He is mid-30's and has 2 little boys. He also has a very good job, which requires a lot of travel itself and the added pressure of training and playing is taking it's toll. The club has been really good to both of us, who have travelled from Echuca for 5 years now, but in the end, the cost and wear and tear on the car and body is too much.

Riewoldt12 said:
Robbo is probably at the end of his playing days. He is mid-30's and has 2 little boys. He also has a very good job, which requires a lot of travel itself and the added pressure of training and playing is taking it's toll. The club has been really good to both of us, who have travelled from Echuca for 5 years now, but in the end, the cost and wear and tear on the car and body is too much.

I thought the club had turned the corner recently. As u may know i get up that way for a break every now and then and I remember someone saying the club had improved.

Riewoldt12 said:

The rovers seems to be going through a tough time.

What's your relationship with the Rams like? They look like they aren't going to make finals for the first time in years.

Could you entice a couple of players from the Rams across in coaching roles or is the relationship that bad that they would never come.

Just to though my two bob in - the Deni Rams next year will be offering Josh Bode a paying position next year along with Paul Schoullar (former SANFL Player). Hardiman is believed to be also headed to Ramland after the bad publicity from certain Rovers players and officials. Unfortunately, the Rovers are headed down the tube as it fails to attrach quality players due to the poor image and backstabbing which has been going on down there for years. May I also note that some of the players from out of town playing for Rovers would struggle to get a senior game in a half competitive side.

As I been saying over the last few post, Bode will be staying at Nulli next year. Whether it being coach or just a player not quite sure. As for Benji Im not quite sure what he is doing, but the way the rovers are treating him he wont go back to the rovers!

LOCKETT said:
Just to though my two bob in - the Deni Rams next year will be offering Josh Bode a paying position next year along with Paul Schoullar (former SANFL Player). Hardiman is believed to be also headed to Ramland after the bad publicity from certain Rovers players and officials. Unfortunately, the Rovers are headed down the tube as it fails to attrach quality players due to the poor image and backstabbing which has been going on down there for years. May I also note that some of the players from out of town playing for Rovers would struggle to get a senior game in a half competitive side.

Whos looking like coaching the Rams next year ? Is the current coach putting in for the position or are they looking for another option ? Picking up bode, schoular and hardman would be a good start to the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Driving force

July 7 2006
Shepparton News

The push to establish an Echucabased competition is being spearheaded by disgruntled Central Murray Football League clubs Leitchville-Gunbower, Koondrook-Barham and Cohuna.

The trio, along with Mathoura, Moama and Lockington-Bamawm United have spent the past six months exploring the logistics behind creating the league.

The working party recently released a three-page document outlining the possible framework, including minimum number of clubs, administration structure and even availability of umpires.

It is hoped the prospectus will help clubs make an informed decision about the new league.

FALLING FLAT

July 7 2006
Shepparton News

The push to establish a new Echucabased football league appears doomed.
A News survey yesterday revealed the ambitious proposal doesn't have the necessary support at club level to become a reality.

At least four of the 11 clubs pivotal to the project's success have indicated a reluctance to sever their current allegiances and form a new league.

The Deniliquin Rovers, Echuca United, Picola United and Tongala are all expected to reject an official invitation to join the new venture.

"We've talked about this on several occasions and we're absolutely not interested," Echuca United president Robin Rowbottom said yesterday.

"We're more than happy in the Murray league and we think this proposed move would be a big step backwards."

Deni Rovers counterpart Michael Fleming agreed, saying his club would prefer to remain in Picola District Football League.

"While we're not delighted with the current 15-club composition, we see our future in the Picola league," Fleming said.

"We think there would be too great a gap in the standard of the clubs earmarked for the Echuca league."

Deni Rovers, Echuca United, Picola United and Tongala have all been earmarked as potential foundation members of the proposed league, along with Pyramid Hill, Moama, Mathoura, LeitchvilleGunbower, Lockington-Bamawm United, Cohuna Kangas and Koondrook.

Victorian Country Football League official Alan Davies has spent the past week gauging the level of support that exists for the venture.

Davies, along with fellow VCFL representative John O'Donohue, has been pitching the new league to several clubs throughout the Goulburn Murray region.

The new league will only become a reality if at least 10 clubs pledge their support.

Davies said a vote would be taken by the end of the month and a definitive decision made one way or the other.

"By the end of July we'll know if we're going to push ahead or defer discussions for another 12 months," he said.

LOCKETT said:

Paul is going back to Deni and is actually still the no1 ruckmen for Central Districts (SANFL) and his brother Leigh will also return to Deni. No talk of Bode or Hardiman though at the reunion last weekend. Andrew May to return they hope.

Is there any truth to the rumour that Deniliquin Rovers coach Jeff Fehring has been given the sack?

Pretty sure that is correct - had a meeting with Rovers committee and said he would coach out the year but the committee elected to stand him down as coach.

LOCKETT said:
Pretty sure that is correct - had a meeting with Rovers committee and said he would coach out the year but the committee elected to stand him down as coach.
Whats the reason for this? Only a rumour, and may not be true but i heard on the grapevine that he was caught sleeping with a 14 year old. As i said im not sure if this is true so dont take my word for it.

willo1 said:
Whats the reason for this? Only a rumour, and may not be true but i heard on the grapevine that he was caught sleeping with a 14 year old. As i said im not sure if this is true so dont take my word for it.

I hope that's not true! I believe he went off a bit at a few people and the committee didn't like his attitude.

LOCKETT said:
I hope that's not true! I believe he went off a bit at a few people and the committee didn't like his attitude.
I hope not aswell. Possibly just a clash of personalities.

willo1 said:

That's a shocking rumour their!
I think Riewoldt12 might shed some light on that.

Gee that is a really bad rumour.I would have thought Fehring would have kept the club competitive. I reckon they played finals a few years ago. It seems the club may have bottomed out. Hopefully they can turn it around as they did a few years ago.

willo1 said:
definately not the case and couldnt be further from the truth, its a shame how those things get spread around.
the reason for the announcement from jeff came due to him feeling he lacked the players respect and also the respect from parents of players and committee members, he felt he had said all he could say and done all he could do to get the team to play at its best and that wasnt happening, and on top of the fact that he has some health issues, all lead to his departure.
so i guess we can put that issue to rest now?

:thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Juddernaut3 said:
definately not the case and couldnt be further from the truth, its a shame how those things get spread around.
the reason for the announcement from jeff came due to him feeling he lacked the players respect and also the respect from parents of players and committee members, he felt he had said all he could say and done all he could do to get the team to play at its best and that wasnt happening, and on top of the fact that he has some health issues, all lead to his departure.
so i guess we can put that issue to rest now?

Thats good Juddernaut-I thought that it was a bit far fetched.Its a shame rumours like those go around.I hope all can now move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back