Picola District football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Piccola District football league

The billabong crows are a merger between Oaklands & Urana Football clubs. I think their strip is the Adelaide colours.
I think you will find all sides that were given the option as too what division they want to go in will definately say division 2. This leaving an 8 team comp in Division 1, which the league has said will be enough teams. No teams will be made to enter a division they do NOT want to be part of. Unfortunately i agree with passed comments in that the other sides in division two that are close, eg Katunga, Yarrwoweyah, Waaia, Strathy will struggle over time to compete with the sides closest to Shepp. Within the next ten years can perhaps see Yarroweyah, Katunga & Strathy possibly being one team, or at least two of them merging, and perhaps the first two to merge will be better off in the long........country footy is now killing small country clubs!!!

So is that Berrigan, Blighty, Deni Rovers, Mathoura, & the CDFL?

Leaving; Dookie, Katandra, Katamatite, Katunga, Picola, Shepp East, Strathy, Tungamah, Waaia, Wunghnu, Yarroweyah in a Vic Div?

The fact of the matter is that all clubs want to be smack in the middle of their league, it cannot happen all the time. There will be lots of fighting over this proposal. If I were to be selfish i would say that this Vic comp is great for my club, but overall? I think not?

Leaving; Dookie, Katandra, Katamatite, Katunga, Picola, Shepp East, Strathy, Tungamah, Waaia, Wunghnu, Yarroweyah in a Vic Div?

The fact of the matter is that all clubs want to be smack in the middle of their league, it cannot happen all the time. There will be lots of fighting over this proposal. If I were to be selfish i would say that this Vic comp is great for my club, but overall? I think not?

I agree this will draw plenty of criticisim but can bet ya bottom dollar that no vic teams will want to join the CDFL. Still think the best option is too create a league similar to the old Tungamah league with Tungamah, Katandra, Shepp East, Dookie United, Tallygaroopna, Congupna and perhaps a few others nearby would be best suited but hey it seems the VCFL dont care what the players/officials think they just do what they think is best!!

Here's a thought in relation to this re-modelling of our league. Granted I may be a traditionlist, but i don't think anyone wants to see our current clubs dissapear and we all realise the importance, especially in the current era , that a football club has on the local community.
Can somebody who's in the know let us all know a few things ?
Would this be being planned had shepp east , dookie and for that matter berrigan been re-located to other leagues, who knows maybe even where they had less travelling ?
Without being rude , when was the last time Wunghnu was able to be competetive on a consistant basis with the likes of those in group 2 , Katandra, Tungamah and obviously only new but Dookie and Shepp East ?
I am right in thinking, most KDFL clubs would travel through Wunghnu to get to Tally ?
How long would Picola , Katunga, Katty , Yarraweah, Strathy be able to consistantly match the other clubs in div 2, I know some have enjoyed success over time, and are at the moment, but to do it over 10 or so years is a bit different and required to maintain a club ?
Given Picola drag quite a few from Tongala and, along with Mathoura, a few from Echuca how far would it be from from Echuca or Tongala to Cooleambilly, Rennie, Jerlderie and who are the billabong crows ?
How would some of these clubs get players to travel a couple of hours every week ?

In summary, unfortunately, if your a life member of Berrigan, Picola, Mathoura, Yarraweah, Katunga, Strathy or Katty I would not bank on seeing your grandchildren play with your club. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Some great points! Wunghnu good be a KDL fit, but on the other hand I think Tally would be a better PDL fit.

Shepp East, Katandra, Tungamah and Katamatite are teams that are never down for too long. OK people don't like what is proposed so place forward an alternative. If you fight for long enough and hard enough the VCFL have to listen, just like they did when it was going to be a PDFL and Central Goulburn merger.

My mail is that many CDFL teams are looking else where and only a few are looking favourably on the PDFL.

To all those traditional PDFL teams, what has happened to your league that used to functon with 8 or 9 teams. Then in come Mathoura, Strathy, Tungamah, Katamatite, Katandra, Berrigan, Shepp East, Dookie and now the CDFL. That is a big what the!! Teams have not been able to play each other twice since 1994.

Post some alternatives!

Some great points! Wunghnu good be a KDL fit, but on the other hand I think Tally would be a better PDL fit.

Shepp East, Katandra, Tungamah and Katamatite are teams that are never down for too long. OK people don't like what is proposed so place forward an alternative. If you fight for long enough and hard enough the VCFL have to listen, just like they did when it was going to be a PDFL and Central Goulburn merger.

My mail is that many CDFL teams are looking else where and only a few are looking favourably on the PDFL.

To all those traditional PDFL teams, what has happened to your league that used to functon with 8 or 9 teams. Then in come Mathoura, Strathy, Tungamah, Katamatite, Katandra, Berrigan, Shepp East, Dookie and now the CDFL. That is a big what the!! Teams have not been able to play each other twice since 1994.

Post some alternatives!

The three teir system involving Muuray and Picola is the way to go

If that does happen to be the case, will the highlighted league be affililiated with the VCFL still or perhaps a move to AFL NSW/ACT?

Post some alternatives!

Supporters will not or do not want to travel more than say 125 -150 lkms and when sides are playing sides from this far away, it appears hard to make ends meet , in all comps .
I hear on the vine the murray league is considering 16 man a side reserves, due to lack of numbers.
Would it not be fair to assume a large percentage of the PDFL players work or live in Shepp or Echuca ?
With these ideas in mind here goes a suggestion :
SHEPPARTON COMP.
Shepp East , Dookie, Wunghnu, Katandra, Waaia, Strathy, Katunga, Tunga, Tally, Yarraweah , Cobram, Berrigan, Katty
ECHUCA COMP.
Picola, Deni Rovers, Blighty, Cohuna, Leitchville, Elmore, Lockington, Mathoura, Moama, Pyramid Hill.

All new clubs appear to be struggling to be regularly consistant in current leagues and possibly only a couple of big road trips in either comp.

Appreciate views ?

Supporters will not or do not want to travel more than say 125 -150 lkms and when sides are playing sides from this far away, it appears hard to make ends meet , in all comps .
I hear on the vine the murray league is considering 16 man a side reserves, due to lack of numbers.
Would it not be fair to assume a large percentage of the PDFL players work or live in Shepp or Echuca ?
With these ideas in mind here goes a suggestion :
SHEPPARTON COMP.
Shepp East , Dookie, Wunghnu, Katandra, Waaia, Strathy, Katunga, Tunga, Tally, Yarraweah , Cobram, Berrigan
ECHUCA COMP.
Picola, Deni Rovers, Blighty, Cohuna, Leitchville, Elmore, Lockington, Mathoura, Moama, Pyramid Hill.

All new clubs appear to be struggling to be regularly consistant in current leagues and possibly only a couple of big road trips in either comp.

Appreciate views ?
Yeah not a bad senario, think Cobram being a bigger town should be able to compete in Murray League, dont know why they struggle so much

Haven't looked how it works but how could it look if the MFL, PDFL and remaining CDFL teams form a 3 tier Murray League. I will have a go at it over the weekend and post it on Monday. Have a good weekend.

Can anyone confirm that Tumgahmah have signed Congupna big fellas in Betson and Robinson (or maybe Robertson)?? I heard that they are getting $1200 between them...seems a lot of money for fellas that battled in the murray league. I seen Congupna play last year and they weren't going to do any good with fellas like that in there team... i would think that they would be glad to see the end of them!! It would be interesting to see what anyone else has heard??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone confirm that Tumgahmah have signed Congupna big fellas in Betson and Robinson (or maybe Robertson)?? I heard that they are getting $1200 between them...seems a lot of money for fellas that battled in the murray league. I seen Congupna play last year and they weren't going to do any good with fellas like that in there team... i would think that they would be glad to see the end of them!! It would be interesting to see what anyone else has heard??
i see that betson got in the best for tungahmah in the night series...

Katunga will be ok, they need to work as a team, but they will miss the loss of ricky few who has gone to geelong.

did anyone see the congupna shepp east match on friday night and any thoughts on the game. what about mooroopna boys coad and mellington coad will hold his own but mellington struggled

did anyone see the congupna shepp east match on friday night and any thoughts on the game. what about mooroopna boys coad and mellington coad will hold his own but mellington struggled
nah sorry didn't but was talking to an congupna player and he said the game was scrappy.. with 30 players a side.. how did u see the game?

Is there some where that you can see the barooga night series results? The shep news is lazy and normally take a week for the news to get to them!

There are really no other feasible ways of admitting the 4 Coreen League teams. The teams that get to choose where they want to go will all choose Vic I would guess.

North:Berrigan, Billabong Crows (Urana/Oaklands), Blighty, Coleambally, Deni Rovers, Jerilderie, Mathoura, Rennie

South: Dookie United, Katamatite, Katandra, Katunga, Picola United, Shepparton East, Strathmerton, Tungamah, Waaia, Wunghnu, Yarroweyah.

Mathoura will be really disliking this proposal.
Mathoura to:
to Coleambally about 200km
to Billabong Crows about 180km
to Rennie 153km

Otherwise some better travelling distances for most sides.

When looking at distance:

It is shorter from Mathoura to Dookie, then from Mathoura to Coleambally. Where do most Mathoura players come from Echuca or Deni? They may actually be a better fit in the southern division.

Yarroweyah may be a better fit in the North instead.

does anyone know of a Terry Lumbar who plays for the rovers. I heard the other day that he was believed to be on $250 a game. Just wonering if he is any good?

does anyone know of a Terry Lumbar who plays for the rovers. I heard the other day that he was believed to be on $250 a game. Just wonering if he is any good?

Is anyone at the Rovers worth $250 per game? Not since 2003!!

When looking at distance:

It is shorter from Mathoura to Dookie, then from Mathoura to Coleambally. Where do most Mathoura players come from Echuca or Deni? They may actually be a better fit in the southern division.

Yarroweyah may be a better fit in the North instead.

Here is some info from the PDFL.
COMPETITION 1 (Name to be determined)
CLUB CURRENT LEAGUE
Berrigan Picola & District Football League
Billabong Crows Coreen District Football League
Blighty Picola & District Football League
Coleambally Coreen District Football League
Deniliquin Rovers Picola & District Football League
Jerilderie Coreen District Football League
Mathoura Picola & District Football League
Rennie Coreen District Football League

COMPETITION 2 (Name to be determined)
CLUB CURRENT LEAGUE
Dookie United Picola & District Football League
Katandra Picola & District Football League
Shepparton East Picola & District Football League
Tungamah Picola & District Football League
Wunghnu Picola & District Football League

The following clubs are encouraged to consider and nominate their preferred competition for 2008, mindful that the minimum number of clubs in each competition in any year is eight (8). Application to either competition is required by May 30th, 2007 to allow adequate planning for 2008. The PDFL executive and the VCFL will confirm competition compositions in June 2007 to ensure minimum competitions of eight (8) clubs.

CLUB CURRENT LEAGUE
Katamatite Picola & District Football League
Katunga Picola & District Football League
Picola United Picola & District Football League
Strathmerton Picola & District Football League
Waaia Picola & District Football League
Yarroweyah Picola & District Football League

Generally club directors where quite positive with a few questions asked. Mainly what was discusses was about the clubs involved and having 2 competition ensuring that there is at least 8 clubs in one competition. Clubs are now given the opportunity to speak to their members & community on what is best for the future or their club.

have just found out that Mathoura are about to sign three VFL Players for the coming season two from Coburg and the other is from Werribee aparently are all good mates with a player at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back