Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
always hard to tip the first round of the year but here it goes;

berrigan v picola : 27pts
blighty v deni; 16pts
mathoura v jerilderie; 23pts
yarroweyah v strathy; 14pts

best part of this year is that there will very rarely be a blow out.
all the best lads.

blighty v deni; 16pts

all the best lads.

Yeah think i'll go the conservitive option & go all home teams 4 rd1,

Berrigan v Picola
Blighty v Deni
Mathoura v Jerilderie
Yarroweyah v Strathy

Also dont think there will be any blowouts this rd, biggest margin maybe 5goals! Good luck 4 rd1!

Ps correct me if i'm wrong but do u think if they changed Berrigan v Picola & Mathoura v Jerilderie to-
Berrigan v Jerilderie & Mathoura v Picola all geographically closest towns to each other & started the year off with "RIVALRY ROUND"????? Opinions??:thumbsu:

I see that the Shepp News has decided not to cover the PDFL NW this year, SHIT Form if you ask me.:thumbsdown:

If true that is an absolute joke, then they shouldn't cover the SE side either 2 make it EQUAL!!!!! I know there are shepp blokes that play for strathy, picola & yarroweyah what are they guna read monday morning??? Joke shepp news:mad::thumbsdown::mad::thumbsdown::mad::thumbsdown:

blighty v deni; 16pts

all the best lads.

This statement may be a litte premature. Aaron Purcell back to Jerildere will cause a few problems. Along with 2 other recruits he is bringing. Apparently they both go well, and i cant see Aaron returning with two blokes "just for a kick". Any side with Marshall, Williams, Purcell, Sanderson and co are Flag favourates for me.

Bigfooty ? :) :thumbsu:

Oh dont you worry bout that pace I'm all over big footy sat, sun & monday like a cheap suit! Oh & casually on tues, weds, thurs & fri!! :thumbsu:

[/b]

This statement may be a litte premature. Aaron Purcell back to Jerildere will cause a few problems. Along with 2 other recruits he is bringing. Apparently they both go well, and i cant see Aaron returning with two blokes "just for a kick". Any side with Marshall, Williams, Purcell, Sanderson and co are Flag favourates for me.

Yes Charles i think they could be making themselves a late charge at flag favouritism, but will still wait untill 3 or 4 rounds in untill i give a prediction for the big 1!!

blighty v deni; 16pts

all the best lads.

Saints to go down in a upset to the blues at home by 3 goals!

Redeyes to lose by 6 goals plus to a preimership contender in deni!! (Deni have a point to prove and with some big name in's cant go past them)

Sorry timbercutters but the dee's will start warm favorites in this clash!!! too much class all over the ground and may be blow out of the round 7 goals plus!:eek:

Hoppers to avenge last years grand final defeat in round 1 at home. the hoppers in's are very handy, and I reckon the doggies outs may outway there in's??? But closest game of the round hoppers by 1 goal or under;)

Good luck!

In relation to the Shepp News I'm certain it has been on the cards for some time and have a good idea of a couple of things which have transpired which would be of good reason , one of which is the constant failure of clubs to provide selected sides !
IMO the failure of clubs to supply selected sides can only affect the coverage and publicity the league receives .
You can't just keep on bitting the hand the feeds you , as so to speak , and expect the offers to continue .
I'd suspect there'd be numerous ex PDFL players , coaches , members and or supporters , who'd look up and see who's playing or where they are playing and attend accordingly.
Furthermore, there are quite a few clubs whom are within tourism areas and I'd suspect I'm not the only one, who when on holidays flicks through the local rag and got some interest may attend?
It's interesting to see the amount of clubs that still fail to place there sides upon the website . :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :mad: :mad:

In relation to the Shepp News I'm certain it has been on the cards for some time and have a good idea of a couple of things which have transpired which would be of good reason , one of which is the constant failure of clubs to provide selected sides !
IMO the failure of clubs to supply selected sides can only affect the coverage and publicity the league receives .
You can't just keep on bitting the hand the feeds you , as so to speak , and expect the offers to continue .
I'd suspect there'd be numerous ex PDFL players , coaches , members and or supporters , who'd look up and see who's playing or where they are playing and attend accordingly.
Furthermore, there are quite a few clubs whom are within tourism areas and I'd suspect I'm not the only one, who when on holidays flicks through the local rag and got some interest may attend?
It's interesting to see the amount of clubs that still fail to place there sides upon the website . :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :mad: :mad:

Yeah true pace, thats a fair & very good point & most likely the main indicator in their decision but on that i must say that over the last 1-2 yrs that alot of SE teams have also failed 2 lodge team lists every weekend so if that really is there angle its abit hypocritical (pot calling the kettle black IMO) maybe the case that Shepp East have a few connections in the shepp news is a good reason to keep the south east league published!!

Yeah true pace, thats a fair & very good point & most likely the main indicator in their decision but on that i must say that over the last 1-2 yrs that alot of SE teams have also failed 2 lodge team lists every weekend so if that really is there angle its abit hypocritical (pot calling the kettle black IMO) maybe the case that Shepp East have a few connections in the shepp news is a good reason to keep the south east league published!!
Maybe there are other factors that are only NW related ?;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

talking to a guy tonight at deakin and he was saying that because of the amount of papers up that way (numurkah, cobram, deni) the shepp news decided to only cover the NW. This way they can cover more than one game at a time.

Picola and District Football Netball League

2011 - Seniors North West

YARROWEYAH v. STRATHMERTON
Round 1 - 02/04/2011

Strathmerton 2.3, 7.6, 10.6, 15.13 (103)

Yarroweyah 3.3, 5.4, 7.13, 10.15 (75)

GOALS, Strathmerton :
Shannon Edgar 6, Wayne Giblin 4, Luke Carter 2, Marcus Cleary 2, Mark Luci 1

Yarroweyah :
Lucas Olson 5, Mitchell Shannon 1, Josh Noonan 1, Geoffrey Benson 1,
Nicholas Mc Donald 1, Mark Pell 1

BEST, Strathmerton :
Troy McDowall, Luke Carter, Shannon Edgar, Michael Laidlaw, Adam Graham,
Marcus Cleary

Yarroweyah :
Lucas Olson, Dan Fitzpatrick, Keegan Oliver, Adrian Pendlebury, Mitchell
Shannon, Tom Van De Merwe

MATCH REPORT:

BERRIGAN v. PICOLA UNITED
Round 1 - 02/04/2011

Berrigan 2.1, 7.3, 11.4, 15.7 (97)

Picola United 6.2, 10.4, 10.10, 12.13 (85)

GOALS, Berrigan :
Jack Mynard 4, Chris McQueen 4, Ian Congdon 2, Scott Needham 1, Damon
Ferguson 1, Jordan Toussaint 1,
Cameron Mynard 1, Toby Dalgliesh 1

Picola United :
Shaun Pearce 5, James Martin 2, Travis Gilby 2, David Birch 1, Thomas
Lindsay 1, John Walker 1

BEST, Berrigan :
Jack Mynard, Ian Congdon, Damon Ferguson, Andrew Pyle, Thomas Walliss, Ken
Mynard

Picola United :
John Walker, Tim Scadden, Lachlan Newman, Alistair Holyman, Scott Miles,
David Birch

MATCH REPORT:

MATHOURA v. JERILDERIE
Round 1 - 02/04/2011

Mathoura 2.1, 7.3, 8.6, 11.8 (74)

Jerilderie 1.7, 2.9, 4.15, 7.19 (61)

GOALS, Mathoura :
Brody Lumber 2, Beau Duggan Hulands 2, Christopher Allingham 2, Callum
Harding Davies 1, Matthew Sparey 1, Ben Vesty 1,
Shaun Delamare 1, Shaun Bessell 1

Jerilderie :
Leigh Howroyd 3, Jak Payne 1, Tom Murphy 1, Bradley Parker 1, Thomas Bryce 1

BEST, Mathoura :
Christopher Allingham, Ben Vesty, James Coppock, Shaun Delamare, Ashley
Neal, Matthew Sparey

Jerilderie :
Jason Sanderson, Adam Williams, Chris Marshall, Christopher Lockhart, Darcy
Bell, Leigh Howroyd

MATCH REPORT:

BLIGHTY v. DENILIQUIN ROVERS
Round 1 - 02/04/2011

Blighty 7.4, 8.6, 12.9, 13.12 (90)

Deniliquin Rovers 0.3, 5.5, 6.8, 9.10 (64)

GOALS, Blighty :
Jake Plattfuss 3, Jarrod Andrews 2, Leigh Culton 2, Daniel Clarke 1, Tristan
Wilson 1, Keith Baron 1,
Matthew Barker 1, Benjamin Lucas 1, Kyel Bain 1

Deniliquin Rovers :
Gerard Robinson 2, Joshua Bode 2, Terry Lumbar 2, Luke Moodie 1, Thomas
Stevens 1, Andrew Hogan 1

BEST, Blighty :
Jake Plattfuss, Judd Barnes, Daniel Clarke

Deniliquin Rovers :

MATCH REPORT:

2011 - Reserves North West

YARROWEYAH v. STRATHMERTON
Round 1 - 02/04/2011

Yarroweyah 0.0, 2.3, 3.8, 9.9 (63)

Strathmerton 2.3, 2.3, 4.4, 5.4 (34)

GOALS, Yarroweyah :
Benjamin Keary 3, Brenan Jones 3, James Sim 1, Shaun Webby 1, Tristan Howard

Strathmerton :
Daniel Henderson 2, Michael Stubberfield 1, William Power 1, Aaron Fisher 1

BEST, Yarroweyah :
Craig Opray, Samuel Leigh, Thomas Seccull, Jacob Weeks, Stephen Marshall,
Christopher Lincoln

Strathmerton :
Stephen Muckenthaler, Daniel Henderson, Jeremy Curtis, Mark Dunstan, Anthony
Luci, William Power

MATCH REPORT:

BERRIGAN v. PICOLA UNITED
Round 1 - 02/04/2011

Picola United 2.4, 4.5, 6.10, 8.13 (61)

Berrigan 0.0, 0.3, 1.3, 2.5 (17)

GOALS, Picola United :
Scott McKenzie 2, Scott Evans 2, Shannon Pollard 1, Shane Cooper 1, Benjamin
Byrne 1, Matthew Atkinson 1

Berrigan :
Cody Heazlewood 1, Gerald Towler 1

BEST, Picola United :
Lauchlan Smith, Brenton Norman, Dale Maloney, Joel Regan, Brett McPherson,
Matthew Atkinson

Berrigan :
Alan Ansell, Michael Nolen, Adam Fox, Steven Morgan, Jackson Schifferle,
Nathan Magill

MATCH REPORT:

MATHOURA v. JERILDERIE
Round 1 - 02/04/2011

Jerilderie 4.1, 8.3, 10.6, 14.7 (91)

Mathoura 1.1, 2.1, 4.2, 4.3 (27)

GOALS, Jerilderie :
Joseph Barlow 3, chris May 2, Greg Lawton 2, Ben Nash 2, Joshua ANDREWS 1,
peter burke 1,
Dillion Penhall 1, Lachlan Westwood 1, Michael Pitt 1

Mathoura :
Jarrod Davies 2, John Goodson 1

BEST, Jerilderie :
Ben Nash, Michael Pitt, Scott McGillivray, Greg Lawton, chris May, Joseph
Barlow

Mathoura :
Christpher Celli, Jayden Vesty

MATCH REPORT:

BLIGHTY v. DENILIQUIN ROVERS
Round 1 - 02/04/2011

Blighty 4.3, 4.7, 5.9, 7.11 (53)

Deniliquin Rovers 0.1, 4.1, 5.1, 6.3 (39)

GOALS, Blighty :
Samuel Singleton 2, Aaron Litchfield 1, Jesse Maxwell 1, Michael Norman 1,
Liam Robertson 1, Ashley Bain 1

Deniliquin Rovers :
Martyn O'Donnell 2, Alex McNicholl 2, Darren Kirby 1, Stewart Bulmer 1

BEST, Blighty :
Jack Coleman, Adam Dellwo, Samuel Singleton

Deniliquin Rovers :
Jayden Ives, Jack Fitzpatrick, Martyn O'Donnell

MATCH REPORT:

So whats everyones views on RD1?? Here's mine-

Yarro v Strathy- It seems like strathy will still be there abouts with some handy in's replacing some handy out's, while yarro wont drop off by much but will be hard 2 replace they're 3 top goal kickers (thats 130 goals) from last year, some of their talented young kids (which they have a few of) are guna have 2 take the next step this year!

Berrigan v Picola- Bit of a surprise with picola getting out to a very handy qrt time lead but just couldn't hold on! Maybe some more accurate goal kicking after qrt time may have seen them over the line! Not to take anything away from Berrigan from getting back into the game & take the win!

Mathoura v Jerilderie- Well another 1 that seems as though more accurate goal kicking could've seen the away team with a win? This game is a hard 1 to judge imo as mathoura always usually start the season slow but always kick it into gear come Rd 3-4 & set their season up from there so good for them to get the early win against a flag favourite! but on the other hand it seems that a couple of jerilderies big recruits in purcell & co didn't play (for reasons i'm unaware of), but in saying that i think mathoura we're also missing 1 or 2 of their pre season gun recruits??

Blighty v Deni- It seems a big qrt time lead set the day for blighty & held on pretty evenly from there, looks like they have added to their side over the pre season with some good in's to cover their loses, whilst i think deni had a few out of their best 21 which indicates there will be some good improvement coming from the rovers!

So all in all i'd say Rd1 was a success with the highest winning margin only 28pts, No blowouts & by the looks of all results seems all games we're very competetive to the final siren!! Feel free to correct me where i may be wrong as i cant make it 2 every game!! haha:thumbsu:

So whats everyones views on RD1?? Here's mine-

Yarro v Strathy- It seems like strathy will still be there abouts with some handy in's replacing some handy out's, while yarro wont drop off by much but will be hard 2 replace they're 3 top goal kickers (thats 130 goals) from last year, some of their talented young kids (which they have a few of) are guna have 2 take the next step this year!

Berrigan v Picola- Bit of a surprise with picola getting out to a very handy qrt time lead but just couldn't hold on! Maybe some more accurate goal kicking after qrt time may have seen them over the line! Not to take anything away from Berrigan from getting back into the game & take the win!

Mathoura v Jerilderie- Well another 1 that seems as though more accurate goal kicking could've seen the away team with a win? This game is a hard 1 to judge imo as mathoura always usually start the season slow but always kick it into gear come Rd 3-4 & set their season up from there so good for them to get the early win against a flag favourite! but on the other hand it seems that a couple of jerilderies big recruits in purcell & co didn't play (for reasons i'm unaware of), but in saying that i think mathoura we're also missing 1 or 2 of their pre season gun recruits??

Blighty v Deni- It seems a big qrt time lead set the day for blighty & held on pretty evenly from there, looks like they have added to their side over the pre season with some good in's to cover their loses, whilst i think deni had a few out of their best 21 which indicates there will be some good improvement coming from the rovers!

So all in all i'd say Rd1 was a success with the highest winning margin only 28pts, No blowouts & by the looks of all results seems all games we're very competetive to the final siren!! Feel free to correct me where i may be wrong as i cant make it 2 every game!! haha:thumbsu:

From a quick look it appears Mathoura may have been missing Mick Buckley, Justin Smith, Troy Gread and Justin Hartshorn and no Ian Phillips ?
I caught a bit of the Strathy v Yarroweyah game and Strathy looked very impressive , whilst Yarroweyah also appeared to be missing a couple including a fairly important CHB ?

On a sad note, it appears as though there may have been a pretty serious spinal related injury , out of the Picola v Berrigan game ! :thumbsdown:

From a quick look it appears Mathoura may have been missing Mick Buckley, Justin Smith, Troy Gread and Justin Hartshorn and no Ian Phillips ?
I caught a bit of the Strathy v Yarroweyah game and Strathy looked very impressive , whilst Yarroweyah also appeared to be missing a couple including a fairly important CHB ?

On a sad note, it appears as though there may have been a pretty serious spinal related injury , out of the Picola v Berrigan game ! :thumbsdown:
Spinal?, is this the young fella that was collected with a hip nd shoulder in the mist of some great tough play?
Hope he's not a seriousn as your thinking

Spinal?, is this the young fella that was collected with a hip nd shoulder in the mist of some great tough play?
Hope he's not a seriousn as your thinking

Not sure of the incident, or where or what part of the game it occurred and have not heard of anything suggesting it occurred as a result of anything untoward .
Was told it was Matty Daniels and he was in Melbourne hospital yesterday ?

How many clubs use there websites for all thier information?
Berrigan's currently working on theres and now has a Facebook like page.

How's everyones magoo's looking?, Berrigans will be tested this week with a wedding on.

Hi magicthefrog,
Can you give us some info on sat game between berrigan vs picola.
Did any recruits play? Did you lose any more players? who played well any info would be great!
Ps Good to see the saints win!
All the best for the rest of the year!

Hi magicthefrog,
Can you give us some info on sat game between berrigan vs picola.
Did any recruits play? Did you lose any more players? who played well any info would be great!
Ps Good to see the saints win!
All the best for the rest of the year!
Hi Asahi, Berrigan played well, they took half a game to click but in the 3rd they seemed to know a bit more about each others style. Had 7 new players and all played well, the last min recruits in Jordy and Chris proved to be good ones as Jordy was in everything and Chris helped himself to 4 goals. Tonts and Flynn for Moama did well, but one of the best things from the day was the form of the yougsters, the mynards killed it and so did first gamer Congdon.
hopefully a few players to come back that were at the wedding on the weeknd in Ware, Pyle, Battan and Baxter, and the possibility of a few more boys over the next couple of games will add to the depth.
We look to have lost 2 of the Moama boys, they pulled out on tuesday but thats there chioce, maybe we can convince them to come back.

Hi Asahi, Berrigan played well, they took half a game to click but in the 3rd they seemed to know a bit more about each others style. Had 7 new players and all played well, the last min recruits in Jordy and Chris proved to be good ones as Jordy was in everything and Chris helped himself to 4 goals. Tonts and Flynn for Moama did well, but one of the best things from the day was the form of the yougsters, the mynards killed it and so did first gamer Congdon.
hopefully a few players to come back that were at the wedding on the weeknd in Ware, Pyle, Battan and Baxter, and the possibility of a few more boys over the next couple of games will add to the depth.
We look to have lost 2 of the Moama boys, they pulled out on tuesday but thats there chioce, maybe we can convince them to come back.

Which 2 moama players were they Frog?? As i did hear this late last week, but was told it was all of the moama boys, good if u did hold onto a couple but makes u wonder why a player signs knowing all the club & league details then all of a sudden a couple of days before Rd1 they pull the pin??? Not cool in my book unless they had a falling out with the coach/players or had personal issues making it difficult for them 2 committ? But i guess that side of things is between the club & players in question, Hope u sort it out with no follow on dramas!:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back