Picola & District North West 2011 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chillax Macdaddy, Never said the reason he left was because of work, Just stated he wasnt working much. Could of moved cause he had more working hours out there, more money, copping shit off old team mates, misses the flys. Could be any reason and like you said he is the only on that knows, Dont go shooting everyone that posts on here in the foot. Just my thoughts on the matter and a few things i have heard.

As for the part in bold. Should of worded it a little better, Something like. Weird he is leaving beacuse he and his close mates are at rovers.

Rovers would be upset because i think he was almost the perfect replacment for Rhys McCulloch :thumbsu:

This is actually a great story of loyalty. Josh Peers followed his mate Brett Macdonald into Rovers, but has realised that he just wants to play for Blighty. Blighty have helped Josh a great deal for wish he is thankful and he has a great deal of loyalty to them, which I don't think he realised until he played against them. Loyalty playing a big part in his move as well as employment-which is fair enough.
Macdonald moved to Rovers to play along side a number of cousins, Bond, May brothers, and recruited cousin Brayden Hall from rams, that group are hoping to be part of Rovers first senior flag. Macdonald has strong family ties at Rovers and being a part of the first flag is a great lure for him. Even if they dont achieve it they will have a great time trying.
The two close mates Peers and Macdonald respect each others decisions and remain close mates regardless of being at rival clubs.
Both boys have been approached by MFL clubs and also remained loyal to PDFL. Great for our league as well.

This is actually a great story of loyalty. Josh Peers followed his mate Brett Macdonald into Rovers, but has realised that he just wants to play for Blighty. Blighty have helped Josh a great deal for wish he is thankful and he has a great deal of loyalty to them, which I don't think he realised until he played against them. Loyalty playing a big part in his move as well as employment-which is fair enough.
Macdonald moved to Rovers to play along side a number of cousins, Bond, May brothers, and recruited cousin Brayden Hall from rams, that group are hoping to be part of Rovers first senior flag. Macdonald has strong family ties at Rovers and being a part of the first flag is a great lure for him. Even if they dont achieve it they will have a great time trying.
The two close mates Peers and Macdonald respect each others decisions and remain close mates regardless of being at rival clubs.
Both boys have been approached by MFL clubs and also remained loyal to PDFL. Great for our league as well.

Well said MC, its good to see some of the young guns stay loyal to the PDFL (or just to their club whichever league it be)!! :thumbsu:
1 thing i noticed on the PDFL clearance website is that Blighty cleared Peers & Macdonald in 1 day but its taken Deni a week & still pending to clear him back?? Did he have an issue there or are Deni in no rush to clear him back as its to a rival club of theirs? One would think unless any issues may be present that all clubs (no matter which league) should in this instance show the same treatment as was given in the 1st place, but i guess thats an issue for Deni & Blighty people to work out!!:thumbsu:

I agree Smooth Mover....should be the same treatment given all round...sadly it 'holds' the transferee back in returning to the 'paddock', where he obviously wants to be....just playing footy! Nothing more...nothing less

I agree Smooth Mover....should be the same treatment given all round...sadly it 'holds' the transferee back in returning to the 'paddock', where he obviously wants to be....just playing footy! Nothing more...nothing less
There are reasons clubs can wait. That has now been Cleared up .

MC... settle petal ...I agreed with SM with what you said ^^ well put...I forgot to put in (&) should be same treatment etc...just sayin...would be nice if ALL clubs played nicely and fairly

MC... settle petal ...I agreed with SM with what you said ^^ well put...I forgot to put in (&) should be same treatment etc...just sayin...would be nice if ALL clubs played nicely and fairly
No worries debs67. Agree with your sentiment but as I said sometimes there are reasons clubs wait that is why the 7 days is in place.
Mind you I think Mathaz will be wishin Rovers had dragged it out with some form of a loop hole, given the form Josh is in!!!
Blighty my tip for this week by 5 goals.

No worries debs67. Agree with your sentiment but as I said sometimes there are reasons clubs wait that is why the 7 days is in place.
Mind you I think Mathaz will be wishin Rovers had dragged it out with some form of a loop hole, given the form Josh is in!!!
Blighty my tip for this week by 5 goals.

There are only 3 reasons for a club to decline or hold back a clearance.
1. The player is contracted to the club
2. THe player owes money to the club
3. The player owes property to the club.

Im sure Josh will be cleared to play this weekend.

Whats everyones tips for this weekend, big week of football due too we have the bye next weekend over easter, so all teams will want to head into the bye with at least 2 wins under the belt,
best of luck too all

Hey magicfrog,
I see berrigan are 2-1 which is a good start can you say who has been the good players thus far? and how has the new recruits been any chance of the moama boys coming back?
Any info would be great!
Good luck on the weekend!

Hey magicfrog,
I see berrigan are 2-1 which is a good start can you say who has been the good players thus far? and how has the new recruits been any chance of the moama boys coming back?
Any info would be great!
Good luck on the weekend!

Recruits from Melbs have been good, Jordy is one hard nut, Chris showed promise in first game but is injured atm, Scooty and Matty are also finding plenty of it. The young fellas have been great, Yelland, Mynards, Gormans, Congdon just to name a few.
i think the Moama boys are done.
Blighty will be another great game.

Recruits from Melbs have been good, Jordy is one hard nut, Chris showed promise in first game but is injured atm, Scooty and Matty are also finding plenty of it. The young fellas have been great, Yelland, Mynards, Gormans, Congdon just to name a few.

Berrigan will probably get the GF. Played there the other week and the ground is in pretty good nick. Facilities are the best in the league, and wont be far for Jerildere to travel there to play.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a T.COOPER kicked 2 goals in the magoos against Blighty. I presume this is Tim;is he back. Also the guy who kicked 4 goals.on saturday by the name of Saunders. Is he new, like I see he was only cleared on the 28 th april.

I see a T.COOPER kicked 2 goals in the magoos against Blighty. I presume this is Tim;is he back. Also the guy who kicked 4 goals.on saturday by the name of Saunders. Is he new, like I see he was only cleared on the 28 th april.

Both of them played on Permits, Coops was only back for the weekend, and i think the Club is trying to convince chase to come back again.

Both of them played on Permits, Coops was only back for the weekend, and i think the Club is trying to convince chase to come back again.

I thought that a player on permit was only allowed to play senior footy. Has the rule changes or have i got it wrong ??

Well why would they play on pemits/transfers when on 28th April there clearances were approved .Does that not mean they are now Berrigan players.

"5 games in & only 2 more rounds untill everyone has played each other once, whats everyones thoughts up untill now & how are teams lists travelling? In form/ out of form, injuries, new recruits? Need some discussion been abit quiet of late!! Cheers "

What will be interesting is the battle for fifth spot come august. We might find that it will only be a matter of percentage or 1 game in it. Probably the surprise is Strathy's current position, they were always going to drop but 1 win from the first 5 games is probably what they weren't expecting. Must have been a ripper game between Berrigan & mathoura on the weekend, seemed to be close all day, expect these teams to be up there come finals. Rovers have kicked some big scores recently so are teams struggling defensively or have deni just turned it on? Blighty and Yarroweyah might have rollercoaster seasons, same with picola, and the big question is how many games will purcell play at jerilderie this year? He will obviously be ready for finals.

"5 games in & only 2 more rounds untill everyone has played each other once, whats everyones thoughts up untill now & how are teams lists travelling? In form/ out of form, injuries, new recruits? Need some discussion been abit quiet of late!! Cheers "

What will be interesting is the battle for fifth spot come august. We might find that it will only be a matter of percentage or 1 game in it. Probably the surprise is Strathy's current position, they were always going to drop but 1 win from the first 5 games is probably what they weren't expecting. Must have been a ripper game between Berrigan & mathoura on the weekend, seemed to be close all day, expect these teams to be up there come finals. Rovers have kicked some big scores recently so are teams struggling defensively or have deni just turned it on? Blighty and Yarroweyah might have rollercoaster seasons, same with picola, and the big question is how many games will purcell play at jerilderie this year? He will obviously be ready for finals.

I hear the Big fella has put in for a job on the Jerilderie Shire driving a grader, i guess if he gets that he'll be around for a while but needs to work on his fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back