Picola & District NW 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it grand final week in your league and b & f night tonight ???

Discussions about venues , boards etc is becoming farcical

I know, bet you would love the chance to have an MFL granny no matter when the league decided you would have it.

Last edited:

Prob about the same outdoor cover, but with clubrooms out the back would make Mathoura have an edge as you can sit down inside relax with the upgraded heating system (by MURRAY SHIRE) and watch the game.

An upgraded heating system - by the Murray Shire.........so that's where all the funding went!

Maybe no indoor shelters at Yarroweyah, but I still think there is more outdoor cover.........they have netball shelters as well!

Been following Picola league footy for a long time and it amazes me that the league and other clubs haven't got rid of Mathoura . Have always been shocking opposition , using filthy language and now this.
Why should the rest of the clubs be dragged down by them all the time.

Been following Picola league footy for a long time and it amazes me that the league and other clubs haven't got rid of Mathoura . Have always been shocking opposition , using filthy language and now this.

Love first time users, could this be a plot of one of many user names he uses on here (Keyboard warrior) lmao that's your opinion on Mathoura that's fair enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Let's get rid of all the clubs that use filthy language, played hard as the 'opposition' and fought for a fair go. Ohhh- that means we'd all be out of the comp! Good thinking 99! Not so sure about the use of 'smart' in your username. Mathoura is not going anywhere.

What's happening up at jerilderie?
I'd suggest they are deep in preparation for this weeks grand finals where they have 3 football sides playing including the seniors which includes :
2 Pearce medalists (3 medals ) including 2013 and 2014.
The runner up of the last 2 Pearce medals .
2 players who have kicked over 100 goals in season . 1 has kicked 200 in 2013 and 2014 100 in 14 .
3 ,2014 rookie of the year nominations including the winner .
The 2013 and 2014 under 17 league best and fairests and 2013 under 17 runner up .
The Goulburn Murray schoolboy BOG player of series in 2013 .
A dual premiership coach and a 2014 VFL star .

Mouth watering grand finals !

A real Murray League feel in the NW with Jerilderie, Strathmerton, Berrigan and Tocumwal all once calling it home. What an evolution the league has made in the last 20 years.

image.jpg image.jpg

Not sure if this will work but I'm pretty sure Mathoura have never pulled knives on opposition sides etc, Shane railton current president of PDFNL ex Mathoura player would agree with this I'm sure, every club out there gets abit vocal it's not just Mathoura and I'm sure he along with myself and lots of others out there have been on the end of a bit of banter but really there are worse off then Mathoura Believe it or not.

I'd suggest they are deep in preparation for this weeks grand finals where they have 3 football sides playing including the seniors which includes :
2 Pearce medalists (3 medals ) including 2013 and 2014.
The runner up of the last 2 Pearce medals .
2 players who have kicked over 100 goals in season . 1 has kicked 200 in 2013 and 2014 100 in 14 .
3 ,2014 rookie of the year nominations including the winner .
The 2013 and 2014 under 17 league best and fairests and 2013 under 17 runner up .
The Goulburn Murray schoolboy BOG player of series in 2013 .
A dual premiership coach and a 2014 VFL star .

Mouth watering grand finals !
Surely with all that available talent, the Murray league would be a better place for them?

View attachment 77420 View attachment 77420

Not sure if this will work but I'm pretty sure Mathoura have never pulled knives on opposition sides etc, Shane railton current president of PDFNL ex Mathoura player would agree with this I'm sure, every club out there gets abit vocal it's not just Mathoura and I'm sure he along with myself and lots of others out there have been on the end of a bit of banter but really there are worse off then Mathoura Believe it or not.

Umm I was in the very middle of that Never felt i was in danger and being female finding myself in the middle of it I was far from happy with it that's for sure. It was a Shepp east bloke who was their reserves timekeeper who threw the beer on our reserves timekeeper as they had been arguing over would you believe it Shepp East thinking we weren't good enough for the league.
I never knew the rumour was knives were pulled. That's funny how people get carried away with rumours.

Blighty won the game, blighty won the fight and we got rid of them by splitting the league end of that season.

Thanks Gman I wasn't on here then at least I can clear that up now.

Last edited:
Surely with all that available talent, the Murray league would be a better place for them?
Talking to a couple of old foes from jerilderie they believe they would not be competitive I reckon they would be , hardest thing would be tough games week in week out

Talking to a couple of old foes from jerilderie they believe they would not be competitive I reckon they would be , hardest thing would be tough games week in week out

Roars comments were about the grand final, a combination of strathy and jerilderie . If all that talent was in the jerilderie side I would have the tattoo booked in already . Ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back