Picola & District NW 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple question it's that simple even you should be able to answer.

Finley v jerilderie this Years sides

Who wins ?

Finley by 15-20 goals and not even blowing wind up anyone. The actual difference in standard is that dramatic it's not funny.
Sure, PDFL's best players are good enough to be the best in most leagues (and many juniors have gone on to AFL) but the depth isn't there.
- The Wizard

Finley by 15-20 goals and not even blowing wind up anyone. The actual difference in standard is that dramatic it's not funny.
Sure, PDFL's best players are good enough to be the best in most leagues (and many juniors have gone on to AFL) but the depth isn't there.
- The Wizard

I do agree with you to some extent wizard. Not sure of the 15 - 20 goals though. The depth is obviously the issue when comparing most leagues. The biggest thing I laugh at is that a lot of Murray League fringe or better 2nds players come out to the PDFL and think they will dominate and win league medals. It just doesn't happen. But then going the other way a lot of "not so good" PDFL players can go to the Murray League and play senior footy on a regular basis. The comparison is always bullshit and just a dick measuring exercise. Anyone that has played both major and minor league footy to a decent standard knows that you still have to be able to get a kick if you want to play well at any level. Spuds cant play footy no matter what league you play in.

I do agree with you to some extent wizard. Not sure of the 15 - 20 goals though. The depth is obviously the issue when comparing most leagues. The biggest thing I laugh at is that a lot of Murray League fringe or better 2nds players come out to the PDFL and think they will dominate and win league medals. It just doesn't happen. But then going the other way a lot of "not so good" PDFL players can go to the Murray League and play senior footy on a regular basis. The comparison is always bullshit and just a dick measuring exercise. Anyone that has played both major and minor league footy to a decent standard knows that you still have to be able to get a kick if you want to play well at any level. Spuds cant play footy no matter what league you play in.
Fortunately I was able to play in mfl and pfl premierships , if you don't have a go you won't get a kick in any league but that said pfl is like winning a reserves premiership IMHOIMHO

Hahaha who from here would coach those dogs. Although they do spend a murray league budget to win minor league premierships. Just payed a hack massive money for 2 years.
So is that a no or are you just hoping. Came from a good source. Talk can always be beaten up to mean they have signed this time of year, but talking can lead to signing!!

Fortunately I was able to play in mfl and pfl premierships , if you don't have a go you won't get a kick in any league but that said pfl is like winning a reserves premiership IMHOIMHO
I think winning a premiership is about what club you are with, not about what league you are in. I guarantee the PDFL club you won the premiership with value that cup a lot more than a MFL club values a 2nds flag.

MAXmaxot: 35277589 said:
So is that a no or are you just hoping. Came from a good source. Talk can always be beaten up to mean they have signed this time of year, but talking can lead to signing!!
Thats a no maxo.the rumour maybe coming outta finley way so he can get more cash elsewhere.need to prove himself worthy of coming to a quality club

U also said finley would win on the wkd no fear so I dont think we can really go by your judgement

Fair call
What I can say is if Finley do win another premiership in the murray league it will be treasured like no other ! It does take a lot of effort from many to compete too give yourselves a chance. Maybe we would be better to go back a league , but we are united wanting to compete against sides that if we don't play well we loose.

Ju
Na I wasnt!geez bad coaching is a bit harsh.what happened for u to think that?
lets just say when a side kicks one goal after half time after kicking 9 in first half leaving your best clearance player and best goal kicker on bench start of third quarter with the wind is crazy Finley should have won it in third quarter, rumba should not have got within striking distance IMHOIMHO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ju
lets just say when a side kicks one goal after half time after kicking 9 in first half leaving your best clearance player and best goal kicker on bench start of third quarter with the wind is crazy Finley should have won it in third quarter, rumba should not have got within striking distance IMHOIMHO
Thats not real smart I agree!

I was actually wrong previously in stating 3 of Rumba's best players had played PDFNL , for which I am sorry.
It was actually 4, Power, Higgins, Kerr , Morgan. which ties in with the above thinking from Mac.
The only real difference I see is MFL sides 18-22 tend to be more experienced.

- The Wizard
The list is likely to grow again this year. ;)

I was actually wrong previously in stating 3 of Rumba's best players had played PDFNL , for which I am sorry.
It was actually 4, Power, Higgins, Kerr , Morgan. which ties in with the above thinking from Mac.
The only real difference I see is MFL sides 18-22 tend to be more experienced.[/QUOTE
are you for real? Experience !

The only real difference I see is MFL sides 18-22 tend to be more experienced.[/QUOTE
Fighting a losing battle browny, quick to say people over rate murray league will never admit the vast gap between the leagues
yeh your probably right

Do you think clurey will be delisted ? Apparently struggled in a couple of sanfl finals or has got three year contract
Key position Defender , topped the beep test at the draft camp with a 15.1 . Debuted early in his second year as a 19year old in a club who played in the prelim .
He has a few things on his side that will see him retained within the AFL system for long while yet IMO.

I d
Fighting a losing battle browny, quick to say people over rate murray league will never admit the vast gap between the leagues

I don't understand your argument. We all know Murray league is a stronger standard than the picola. As the GV , O&M, ballarat , bendigo, Hampton, Western boarder, SAFL, WAFL, Etc etc is better than the Murray league. U can only beat the sides you play against. For Finley that was Rumba on Saturday and u didn't get over the line. For us it was Strathy a few weeks ago and fortunately we won. Do u think port Adelaide are sitting on their Thirsty Tuesday saying " oh well we lost to hawthorn but we would still beat Finley cause the Murray league is shit". You can only beat the 22 blokes the opposition out in front of you . This argument could go on forever and nothing will be achieved .

I d

I don't understand your argument. We all know Murray league is a stronger standard than the picola. As the GV , O&M, ballarat , bendigo, Hampton, Western boarder, SAFL, WAFL, Etc etc is better than the Murray league. U can only beat the sides you play against. For Finley that was Rumba on Saturday and u didn't get over the line. For us it was Strathy a few weeks ago and fortunately we won. Do u think port Adelaide are sitting on their Thirsty Tuesday saying " oh well we lost to hawthorn but we would still beat Finley cause the Murray league is shit". You can only beat the 22 blokes the opposition out in front of you . This argument could go on forever and nothing will be achieved .
i wouldn't say murray is below Hampden & bendigo from what I've seen anyway it is a pointless exercise, but ask any one in jerilderie I'm sure they would prefer to beat Finley in a grand final than strathy their 21 years out of the mfl and they still hate the ole enemy haha !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back