Picola & District NW 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The said light post at Yarroweyah is 3.07 Mtrs whilst the difference between both courts is 3.65mtrs , which was confirmed by 2 safety engineers .
The direction of the court is not a safety issue but merely a preferred option by netball victoria .

So does that mean you split the difference with the run off being only 1.825 meaning and just as an example 2 people travelling at say 20km 1 from one court to the other travelling from the other court travelling 20km with an impact of 40km an hour I would honestly rather run into a standing hugely padded post yea? Trent would love this story front page netballers to pad up like sumo wrestlers grand final day in leagues bid to screw Mathoura over for grand final, let's face facts they didn't want Mathoura to host grand final because of egos it's led to BELIEVE. By the way an independent engineer payed by the league prob should not have members of that league walking around telling them what they only want them to hear and write down.

So does that mean you split the difference with the run off being only 1.825 meaning and just as an example 2 people travelling at say 20km 1 from one court to the other travelling from the other court travelling 20km with an impact of 40km an hour I would honestly rather run into a standing hugely padded post yea? Trent would love this story front page netballers to pad up like sumo wrestlers grand final day in leagues bid to screw Mathoura over for grand final, let's face facts they didn't want Mathoura to host grand final because of egos it's led to BELIEVE. By the way an independent engineer payed by the league prob should not have members of that league walking around telling them what they only want them to hear and write down.

GM.......the specified distance between courts in a two court set up (side by side) is 3.65m.....specifications can be found here: http://vic.netball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2013/09/NetballCourtPlanningAmend-Jan2011.pdf
in case you'd like check.

I'm sorry Mathoura, the only "win" I see that here, is the fact that the lights on the netball court, are to be moved to the required safety distance (I also want to clarify that in a previous post I said I didn't have a problem with them - and I don't). However, I can't understand why, when the court was upgraded a few years ago, the lights weren't moved then. If it was a case of budgetary issues at the time and the more pressing argument was the surface of the court and fence distances......then I can see why, however, from recollection, this court was upgraded in 2009 or 2010, why wasn't a plan put in place to move the lights in the following years afterwards? It's been 4-5 years.

I don't see how hosting the 2015 Grand Final is a "win" when this was offered to the club previously........why go to court, spending the leagues money (which in turn would be dividends passed on to the clubs), to "win" something which you had already rejected.

According to reports, it looks like last years committee hasn't passed on information to this years committe...........so does that mean that NO ONE on last years committee is on this years committe? Surely you have correspondence from the league filed that you could have referred to?

no engineer was told what to write , in fact the league did not see the reports till hours before the hearing was scheduled. . The league simply pointed out to 1 engineer what it believed to be safety issues and had been pointed out in the leagues audit in 2013 , whilst the league did not attend with any engineer at any other PDFNL clubs facility . The engineers were employed by others , who formed a opinion based on their opinion and experience and in doing so put their professional integrity on the line .

Last edited:
This is going to sound harsh but. Don't you all think it's time to move on from the issue. Point is granny held at Yarra. If we all put this much thought into every footy club the picola league would be booming!

This is going to sound harsh but. Don't you all think it's time to move onPerl m the issue. Point is granny held at Yarra. If we all put this much thought into every footy club the picola league would be booming!

Yes agree get over it.. obviously its done and no-one has confidence in the Pdfl board and its sad to say but there will be a new pdfl president next year. Looks like mathoura and the league have both made poor options in there recruits..

eric swamember post: 34804787 said:
Yes agree get over it.. obviously its done and no-one has confidence in the Pdfl board and its sad to say but there will be a new pdfl president next year. Looks like mathoura and the league have both made poor options in there recruits..

Plus there is one board member who must be clueless and doesn't have a clue Wats goin on and doing wat his told cause he didn't even know what afl was til he moved hear from qld a few years ago.. so that's got me askin how can someone have a say in a league let alone be a board member?? But then again he has been good mates with the league president for a long time. ??

Plus there is one board member who must be clueless and doesn't have a clue Wats goin on and doing wat his told cause he didn't even know what afl was til he moved hear from qld a few years ago.. so that's got me askin how can someone have a say in a league let alone be a board member?? But then again he has been good mates with the league president for a long time. ??

The person your referring to isn't a board member.

The person your referring to isn't a board member.

R u sure bout that?? Seems like any negativity towards the board members u suck up there asses wilty.. or do you have a thing for the board? (Or a person) Its not like u to move around from club to club a bit. And if your referring to brad williams as I am he must be just a puppet then is he??

R u sure bout that?? Seems like any negativity towards the board members u suck up there asses wilty.. or do you have a thing for the board? (Or a person) Its not like u to move around from club to club a bit. And if your referring to brad williams as I am he must be just a puppet then is he??

brad williams is the operations manager which is not a board member. You can check if you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a gutless clueless twit , the majority have been very supportive of the leagues board on this issue . To be honest I don't think I have ever experienced support for the board like it. .
The league president openingly informed the board immediately after being re elected that he would prefer this to be his last year.
Happy to start putting some figures up , such as financial return, playing membership , players within talented programs state /afl competitions or actually anything which is able to be accurately compared to previous era's if you want to ??
You are embarrassing MFNC .

Last edited:
He is a full time employee of the league and was employed after a fairly in depth process which included the president removing himself from the research on him due to a conflict of interest as he knew him previously .

Last edited:
We will play whoever wins Gman. I'm sure everyone would think we would rather berrigan but a team with momentum is very dangerous and if berrigan get over strathy tomorrow they will be full of belief and momentum. I still think strathy will win tomorrow but it will be close. 13 points. I think berrigan will come out very physical, and need to if they are a chance. The picola ground will suit a more contested type of game.

Was that the physical approach you expected Mac? Coward punches, tunneling and chasing blokes to hit them. Fair to say Berrigan lost the plot yesterday. You don't get any respect doing that crap, doesn't matter how far behind you are.

Eric, don't ever get job in collecting facts or evidence. Firstly, he is not a board member..He is employed..Anyway, I spoke with the bloke who you refer as clueless and he has never lived in Qld ! WTF ? For the record, he played footy as junior in Wagga region, not that it matters ! Are you suggesting you have to play footy to be a good manager ? Apparently you think so ? Do you have to be poor to run St Vincent de Paul ? Do you need to be a doctor to manage a medical practice? No, would be my suggested answer. Even, AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan played footy at a very low level, but now runs the game at the highest..I could go on..! Take a look at the facts, something you're not good at it appears..PDFL 2014 - sponsorship (highest it's ever been), H & A Crowds - (high levels), Finals crowds - records being broken each week.. Board unity - Best it's ever been....Just many of the facts ...Mate!!

Think we know who Sid swan is lmao, and his not a BOARD MEMBER. Dogs think 10 goals might have been an understatement. Mac any concerns about the score line? Who will run with downie? When ever he touched the footy something special happened.

He was there to provide evidence as a full time employee if the league if required .
Do the people who MFNC had there hold positions on the clubs board .

Yea roar there were 4 board members from MFNC at the court house that day. That's 3 more then the league now one would think if the league board were right behind this they also would of been there right behind there president?

Was that the physical approach you expected Mac? Coward punches, tunneling and chasing blokes to hit them. Fair to say Berrigan lost the plot yesterday. You don't get any respect doing that crap, doesn't matter how far behind you are.
I only watched the first half and thought the game was fairly "bruise free" . U boys looked far to good with footy in hand and berrigan couldn't get near u. I thought they would of come out physical at the ball as they did against blighty and Toc.
Did they go the knuckle in the 2nd half?? Any reports??

Lol just trying to get a few bites Sid..
The game wasn't too bad Charles mac they tried to rough up Evans a bit but it didn't work his a freak.. good luck satdy looking forward to watch what should be a cracking game..

Think we know who Sid swan is lmao, and his not a BOARD MEMBER. Dogs think 10 goals might have been an understatement. Mac any concerns about the score line? Who will run with downie? When ever he touched the footy something special happened.
Yea maybe a little gman!downie is pretty handy isnt he.maybe the dees will b alot more physical then berrigan.have u got any suggestions on who to play on him?

The league was fully aware of the difficulties faced by 2013 MFNC board. From the very beginning of 2013, the MFNC were transparent with the resignation of the then MFNC president, then reinstatement of the president, forced resignation of a secretary and then resignations from both vice presidents. There was a common denominator. With a fancy new role of 'operations manager', I would have thought the league would of been able to at least identify that the MFNC had difficulties which bleed from the top down and could have sent an email or two to the new MFNC president of 2014, informing him of any major issues. Clearly the 2013 president (2013 League administrator of the year) was not going to pass information on. Poles were never stated in writing. Just a mere discussion. Validity is in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back