Picola & District NW 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea roar there were 4 board members from MFNC at the court house that day. That's 3 more then the league now one would think if the league board were right behind this they also would of been there right behind there president?
The board was always very happy with their position and were regularly quoted as saying it was a storm in a tea cup, the board deals with similar things often and they actually have better things to be doing .
Like running finals , best and fairest counts .

Last edited:
The league was fully aware of the difficulties faced by 2013 MFNC board. From the very beginning of 2013, the MFNC were transparent with the resignation of the then MFNC president, then reinstatement of the president, forced resignation of a secretary and then resignations from both vice presidents. There was a common denominator. With a fancy new role of 'operations manager', I would have thought the league would of been able to at least identify that the MFNC had difficulties which bleed from the top down and could have sent an email or two to the new MFNC president of 2014, informing him of any major issues. Clearly the 2013 president (2013 League administrator of the year) was not going to pass information on. Poles were never stated in writing. Just a mere discussion. Validity is in writing.
Netball Courts(2) as a whole were, and the remaining issues which were specifically written and itemised ?
Ex club president , current league president , ops manager , whose next ?
The club has had issues with every league board, every president and every administrator the league has had, since the club has been in the league.
It is not healthy for the club nor the remaining clubs in the league , whilst it is not the leagues role to continually involve itself in club politics.

Last edited:
Was that the physical approach you expected Mac? Coward punches, tunneling and chasing blokes to hit them. Fair to say Berrigan lost the plot yesterday. You don't get any respect doing that crap, doesn't matter how far behind you are.

Chasing was a reaction to a coward hit. Just clearing that one up.

The league was fully aware of the difficulties faced by 2013 MFNC board. From the very beginning of 2013, the MFNC were transparent with the resignation of the then MFNC president, then reinstatement of the president, forced resignation of a secretary and then resignations from both vice presidents. There was a common denominator. With a fancy new role of 'operations manager', I would have thought the league would of been able to at least identify that the MFNC had difficulties which bleed from the top down and could have sent an email or two to the new MFNC president of 2014, informing him of any major issues. Clearly the 2013 president (2013 League administrator of the year) was not going to pass information on. Poles were never stated in writing. Just a mere discussion. Validity is in writing.

I don't think the league can be held accountable of committee issues at a club level. There obviously seems to be a miscommunication between the past board at Mathoura and the current one. My advice would be to learn from these mistakes and look forward not back. Football clubs in our league would be turning over $200K+ a year in revenue. Keeping this in mind every decision, every idea at a committee meeting, league meetings, recruitment meeting they all need to be documented so that the future leaders of the club can look back and learn from past successes or failures. Clubs I have been involved with have long term goals (ie, new clubrooms, upgrading netball courts, new lights etc) these are documented and irrelevant of who is on the committee at the time, these goals are worked on. From the outside looking in, and from what has been posted on bigfooty (a very reliable source) it seems the past committee has failed to inform the new committee of their obligations. People need to stop dwelling on the past and put some plans into place to make the hosting of the 2015 grand final a success for the Mathoura Football Club.

On the GF my tips are

Seniors: Jerilderie by 5 goals
Reserves: Very tough to go past Strathy but I hope the Demons by a few points.
3rds: Strathy by 6 goals
4ths: Again I would love the little Demons to win but it hard to go past Rovers 4ths. They have had a great year.

I don't think the league can be held accountable of committee issues at a club level. There obviously seems to be a miscommunication between the past board at Mathoura and the current one. My advice would be to learn from these mistakes and look forward not back. Football clubs in our league would be turning over $200K+ a year in revenue. Keeping this in mind every decision, every idea at a committee meeting, league meetings, recruitment meeting they all need to be documented so that the future leaders of the club can look back and learn from past successes or failures. Clubs I have been involved with have long term goals (ie, new clubrooms, upgrading netball courts, new lights etc) these are documented and irrelevant of who is on the committee at the time, these goals are worked on. From the outside looking in, and from what has been posted on bigfooty (a very reliable source) it seems the past committee has failed to inform the new committee of their obligations. People need to stop dwelling on the past and put some plans into place to make the hosting of the 2015 grand final a success for the Mathoura Football Club.

On the GF my tips are

Seniors: Jerilderie by 5 goals
Reserves: Very tough to go past Strathy but I hope the Demons by a few points.
3rds: Strathy by 6 goals
4ths: Again I would love the little Demons to win but it hard to go past Rovers 4ths. They have had a great year.
Medals tonight. ???

Any truth behind the rumour that the Jerilderie senior coach stopped 5 thirds kids playing in their thirds prelim on the weekend due to the fact that they may be needed to play in the senior grand final?

Hope not as it sounds pretty bad.

Any truth behind the rumour that the Jerilderie senior coach stopped 5 thirds kids playing in their thirds prelim on the weekend due to the fact that they may be needed to play in the senior grand final?

There were 2 eligible players who did not play 3rds on the weekend as they are concentrating on seniors. 1 played 12 under 17 games for the year the other played 4. Both are very very good senior footballers that made the decision at the start of the year they will be concentrating on senior football during the finals. 1 already has a senior premiership medal, lets hope the other has one after this weekend.

Netball Courts(2) as a whole were, and the remaining issues which were specifically written and itemised ?
Ex club president , current league president , ops manager , whose next ?
The club has had issues with every league board, every president and every administrator the league has had, since the club has been in the league.
It is not healthy for the club nor the remaining clubs in the league , whilst it is not the leagues role to continually involve itself in club politics.

Netball courts as a whole? Generalisations don't work when specific outcomes are required. I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'whose next'? I'm not referring to the past MFNC boards. I'm referring directly to the 2013 MFNC board and the 2013 President, who was awarded 'Administrator of the Year' by the league, being the main issue. I completely agree that its not the leagues responsibility to involve itself with club politics. Thats why I find it interesting as to why when the 2013 MFNC president had issues at a club level and made the call to the then league president, the league got involved. Its going to be a great weekend in Yarra! Hope the rain holds out or we will need our tents. No covered areas there.

Netball courts as a whole? Generalisations don't work when specific outcomes are required. I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'whose next'? I'm not referring to the past MFNC boards. I'm referring directly to the 2013 MFNC board and the 2013 President, who was awarded 'Administrator of the Year' by the league, being the main issue. I completely agree that its not the leagues responsibility to involve itself with club politics. Thats why I find it interesting as to why when the 2013 MFNC president had issues at a club level and made the call to the then league president, the league got involved. Its going to be a great weekend in Yarra! Hope the rain holds out or we will need our tents. No covered areas there.

With the rotation for the GF in place, there was obviously reasons as to why Mathoura didn't hold the 2013 GF, which was swapped for 2014.........even if there was a complete committee change, then surely the 2014 club board could have asked the league for what was required to make sure that everything had been completed.

You keep going on about the 2013 MFNC President being "Administrator of the Year"........he obviously did a good job to be awarded this..........it's almost sounding like you are jealous.

BTW......there are covered areas at Yarroweyah.........and actually probably more there then there are at Mathoura.

You kidding??? That's fairly common for the really talented kids. Which these must be if in the Jerilderie seniors.
Why risk injury in under 17s. A senior premiership or two on their resume could do great things for their footy career.

Was there a motion moved by the 2013 board that the club must issue proceedings against the league in 2014 ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the rotation for the GF in place, there was obviously reasons as to why Mathoura didn't hold the 2013 GF, which was swapped for 2014.........even if there was a complete committee change, then surely the 2014 club board could have asked the league for what was required to make sure that everything had been completed.

You keep going on about the 2013 MFNC President being "Administrator of the Year"........he obviously did a good job to be awarded this..........it's almost sounding like you are jealous.

BTW......there are covered areas at Yarroweyah.........and actually probably more there then there are at Mathoura.

Prob about the same outdoor cover, but with clubrooms out the back would make Mathoura have an edge as you can sit down inside relax with the upgraded heating system (by MURRAY SHIRE) and watch the game.

Prob about the same outdoor cover, but with clubrooms out the back would make Mathoura have an edge as you can sit down inside relax with the upgraded heating system (by MURRAY SHIRE) and watch the game.

Considering it's pretty obvious the sun never comes out in Mathaz. Good investment by the shire.

BTW......there are covered areas at Yarroweyah.........and actually probably more there then there are at Mathoura.[/QUOTE

Toss- he did a good job alright. A good job at pulling the wool. No jealousy, just curiosity about the award process. I'd be interested to know who receives it tonight. There are so many honest, hard working administrators at clubs in our league. Why not them?

Toss- he did a good job alright. A good job at pulling the wool. No jealousy, just curiosity about the award process. I'd be interested to know who receives it tonight. There are so many honest, hard working administrators at clubs in our league. Why not them?

My interest in this is the rotation of the granny. I had hoped it would equal things out and put back into respective communities and help secure funding for upgrades. To me it doesn't matter what year you get it in fact I thought given your tough couple of years more time to consolidate of what appears a good year may be beneficial.

Bunnydiggerbill, But the anger about the change why?

The PDFNL board members and where those who have a conflict remove them selves . Last years decision was unanimous as was this years from those who didn't vote this year, due to conflict of interest .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back