Picola & District NW 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
News from the kennel and very quietly kept is that 2 premiership pigeon players on the verge of signing ( probably have ). Go the blues !!!

So you are talking about Strathy? Go the Blues, had me a tad confused I thought it might have been Picola.

Possibly one of those deluded Carlton supporters who think they are going to win the flag this year Wilty, there are a few of them about you know ? :p:D

You did look up the meaning of deluded didn't you Roar??? Ok I'm guessing no because here it is...

www.yourdictionary.com/deluded
transitive verb. deluded, deluding. to fool, as by false promises or wrong notions; mislead; deceive; trick; Obsolete to elude or frustrate; Origin of deluded Richmond Football Club

I kid you not Roar there it was.... ;):D

You did look up the meaning of deluded didn't you Roar??? Ok I'm guessing no because here it is...

www.yourdictionary.com/deluded
transitive verb. deluded, deluding. to fool, as by false promises or wrong notions; mislead; deceive; trick; Obsolete to elude or frustrate; Origin of deluded Richmond Football Club

I kid you not Roar there it was.... ;):D
Why am it not surprised that a Carlton supporter is attempting to claim 2nd place as a win.

Why am it not surprised that a Carlton supporter is attempting to claim 2nd place as a win.

Haha... I guess I shouldnt be surprised that a Richmond supporter would get over excited about one great passage of play then declare game over resulting in their finishing first!!!

Now the league had joined interleague together representing the pdfl why not make the pdfl a div 1. Div 2. Comp where a dominant team eg. Jer and strath. Step up a div and not so dominant side in SE go into NW?? Seems to easy for them being a big fish in a small pond.

Now the league had joined interleague together representing the pdfl why not make the pdfl a div 1. Div 2. Comp where a dominant team eg. Jer and strath. Step up a div and not so dominant side in SE go into NW?? Seems to easy for them being a big fish in a small pond.
Travel.....

Travel.....

was never an isue before the split. the doggies would be just as close to SE sides than NW sides. And jer are a step above the league winning more than half the flags since being involved.. Just my opinion no point having two ex murray league sides battle it out every year, i think it would be good to have a more competitive comp.. more so for the clubs who dont have the $$$ each year cause lets face it thats all players are there for..

Last edited:
Is the SE the premier / higher standard competition in all grades including junior and senior football and netball ?

was never an isue before the split. the doggies would be just as close to SE sides than NW sides. And jer are a step above the league winning more than half the flags since being involved.. Just my opinion no point having two ex murray league sides battle it out every year, i think it would be good to have a more competitive comp.. more so for the clubs who dont have the $$$ each year cause lets face it thats all players are there for..
Why do you think some clubs have more $$'s than others .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strathy would be pretty close to being central, so which ever league it wouldn't matter for them travel wise and I really don't think them or jerilderie would have much impact playing in the Se . I think the standard of the Nw is below par and the league should really be trying to lift it

Strathy would be pretty close to being central, so which ever league it wouldn't matter for them travel wise and I really don't think them or jerilderie would have much impact playing in the Se . I think the standard of the Nw is below par and the league should really be trying to lift it

Not sure what the league can do to improve the standard SP or what you expect them to do.

Berrigan was also a 'recent' MFL team.
Tallygaroopna, Violet Town, Benalla All Blacks and maybe even Goorambat could be pursued to join SE. This would free up Waaia and Katunga to join NW, it wouldn't then be just the Jerilderie-Strathy show as you suggest.

ROAR PLZ...
Nice avoidance eric swatson , but I really would like you to answer that question .
And you can answer it in two parts .
1. What makes you think that some clubs have more money than others .
2. What is the reason in your opinion that some have more money than others . Eg more sponsors etc etc .

I honestly don't get how people come to the conclusion that the SE is stronger or that either are not the at least as strong as any other district league .
Every measurable comparison suggests that not only is the NW equal to the SE but both leagues are improving in standard and getting closer to major leagues rather than decreasing in standard .
Examples are :
Barooga night series .
Players making elite squads .
The impact olayers from the PDFNL have when going to other leagues and vice versa .

I do appreciate it was a once off but been a long time since a player went straight from the PDFNL grand final onto a AFL list , he also didn't have a massive impact whilst in the PDFNL that you would expect if it was of poor standard .
I have no doubt what so ever that Jerilderie and Strathy would have played finals if in the SE in 2014 .
Purcell is in my opinion is quite comfortably the best forward on either comp and many others from the NW would comfortably make a PDFNL side if they made themselves available .

Disagree on Purcell I don't think he would have the same impact playing in the SE same as Evans. Lee James would have to be the best forward in either league

Well we might see this season given james is apparently likely to play in the NW .
I will concede both comps are getting further apart in the types of comps they are and that in no way reflective in the standard of the comps they are just becoming more different and tend to play different styles of play , if that makes sense.

- NW grounds are predominately bigger and therefore tend to have more players who have greater athletic ability and the SE bigger bodied players .
- The NW clubs are predominately further from GV and O&M clubs and therefore tend to keep their juniors for longer , but also tend not to recruit players who have played GV or O&M .

Last edited:
Nice avoidance eric swatson , but I really would like you to answer that question .
And you can answer it in two parts .
1. What makes you think that some clubs have more money than others .
2. What is the reason in your opinion that some have more money than others . Eg more sponsors etc etc .

Obviously people (sponsers) put alot more money into the club therefor the club can afford more quality players.. All im suggesting is if a club is so dominant in NW over 2-3 years they should be able to test themselves in SE. and a team not so in SE a chance in NW. dont have to agree but makes sense to me, if you were such a powerhouse in div 2 why not test yourself in div 1..

Disagree on Purcell I don't think he would have the same impact playing in the SE same as Evans. Lee James would have to be the best forward in either league

Purcell over the last 2 years has played 36 games and kicked 358 goals, James has played 32 games and kicked 183 goals. Both playing in the dominant teams of their league, where upwards of 30 goals were kicked some weeks. No matter how much difference you may believe there to be between the standard of both leagues, surely 175 more goals in a 2 year period speaks for itself.

Purcell over the last 2 years has played 36 games and kicked 358 goals, James has played 32 games and kicked 183 goals. Both playing in the dominant teams of their league, where upwards of 30 goals were kicked some weeks. No matter how much difference you may believe there to be between the standard of both leagues, surely 175 more goals in a 2 year period speaks for itself.[/QU

Don't get me wrong Purcell is a champ
But would he have kicked as many if he was in SE?? Be good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back