Picola & District South East 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking forward to the katty v tunga game on sunday. katty will need to bring there A game to be any chance and gambi's game should be a cracker good luck old son

Went and seen tungamah first hand last week against shepp east and while they put up a great contest in first half to be level i think there depth got tested in 2nd half and the eagles managed to grind them down and have a good win?? does anyone know the last time tunga felt a defeat at there home ground?? Thought payne was a good player for tunga and will be a dangerous player come finals, also thought powell was a bit quiet than normal, not sure mite have been injured??? Saunders ( no8) will be a good young player!! I still feel rennie mite do tungamah in finals unless the hoppers get a bit stage fright and the bears just know how to win finals? interesting last 5 games coming up? Can Rennie hang on to 3rd??? ARe dookie going to fight back?? Is katandra guna miss finals??( where r u iwantanotherflag) All in all cant wait to see it unfold? Thoughts?????:p

Hey WJ the hoppers would be dissapointed to have D.Rhodes out with injury coming into latter part of year?? really dangerous player!!!:footy:

he was tearing it up on the exersise bike at training so prob a couple of weeks away but wont hurt him to have a rest and freshen up for a big end to the year blokes like him dont lose their touch to quickly

Went and seen tungamah first hand last week against shepp east and while they put up a great contest in first half to be level i think there depth got tested in 2nd half and the eagles managed to grind them down and have a good win?? does anyone know the last time tunga felt a defeat at there home ground?? Thought payne was a good player for tunga and will be a dangerous player come finals, also thought powell was a bit quiet than normal, not sure mite have been injured??? Saunders ( no8) will be a good young player!! I still feel rennie mite do tungamah in finals unless the hoppers get a bit stage fright and the bears just know how to win finals? interesting last 5 games coming up? Can Rennie hang on to 3rd??? ARe dookie going to fight back?? Is katandra guna miss finals??( where r u iwantanotherflag) All in all cant wait to see it unfold? Thoughts?????:p

Yea we did get tested, we thought we did alright for 2 1/2 quarters. We haven't had a full strength side for awhile because of injuries but once we're all back it should be all good, the same as Rennie & Shepp East though. The last time Tungamah lost at home was three years ago. We play as we train, sucks getting no one to training these days.

If you read posts on this forum over the last few months you will probably find that WJ has been pretty positive about his club, the competition, and most of the opposition. From what I've heard, some of the PDFL grand poohbahs have started hassling Rennie on a few things (i.e. a non existent no glass policy, uniforms, their ground, etc). WJ keeps bringing up the word consistency, which is what Rennie want to see. I know the boys out there and I think they are sick of copping it from the PDFL only to see the same (and worse) going on when they visit other clubs. What do you reckon David Hicks from Guantanamo? You reckon they're asking for too much? I don't think they, nor do the other posters (and that includes Rennie's arch enemy Mr Gambi!). So, how about you cut the sniping. Have a read of the posts. Perhaps declare your club ties. Make a positive contribution. Or %#@* off!
Don't you guys have a member who is a league executive???

On the glass policy, in fear of being poked at for having an opposing view I will raise a couple of things. As a club executive i have a duty of care for what seems like every stupid thing, some dumb mug may do, no offence to dumb mugs intended. Now if glass is eliminated that is one less thing I have to worry about. For the record Our club does not sell out of glass.
Now whilst on duty of care Rennie and Dookie have been leading the push on cyber bullying awareness (for valid reasons), I agree with that, however there is no policy and nothing in the operations manual about how or what clubs are to do, however at last league meeting, Rennie club secretary stood up asking what all our clubs had been doing about it since the one awareness evening. So you know what, I am feeling a little harassed by Rennie right now as I havent done anything to this point. Only joking Family Guy but I hope you see my point.

I think many people consider glass, in whatever form ,can be turned into a dangerous instrument which is probably why the league has taken such a stance against Rennie. If it isn't a consistent approach well that would be disappointing. I can say that we have been quized twice as to whether we sell glass.

Anyway if you have real concerns and aren't simply having a whinge then I suggest talk to your guy who is the league exec. There are probably a number of issues that need addressing so perhaps you could suggest to him that a continual improvement plan be put in place outlining areas of importance with timelines and the like that clubs and the league can work toward in a co-operative manner, or at the very least issues such as these be put up for review at club delegates meetings and get sorted out!!

Now to me both glass and cyber bullying present a danger to the safety of players, spectators etc and I for one would hope policies for both will be brought in, only my personal opinion.

Anyway back to footy ,congrats to Rennie on a great season proving very competitive on the SE!!

Good Luck to a bloke playing his first game in a while for the eagles this week! Hope he doesn't mind getting out of bed a little earlier:thumbsu:

Tunga by 6 goals ova Katty (Sunday - Gotta love Sundee games - not!)
Dooks by 8 goals ova Katunga
Eagles by 3 goals ova Katandra
Hoppers by plenty ova Waaia

Katandra v Katty this weekend - Massive game for both. I see O'Rielly didn't play last week and have heard maybe gone for the season with a foot injury. Can you confirm this flag? If so, huge blow for the Kats as he sets up a heap of pill for them around the ground.
Also Dookie v Rennie will be a corka. It'll be interesting to see if Rhodes plays. He and Ludeman are two good small forwards who, on their day, could be the difference for their respective clubs. It'll be interesting to see if the Rennie boys pack the BBQ!:D
Going on last weeks results, I dare say that Tunga will need to be on their game against what must have been a plucky Waaia outfit last week. I noticed in the book last week that there was two old stagers in Walker and Waarsdorp getting around too. May have added a couple of old heads to support the young blokes. They had nothing to lose if that is the case.
That leaves the swans and the Eagles. It'll be interesting to see if the Eagles rest a few or if they look to take the opportunity to keep their playing group together and work on their game plan. Also, looking at the ladder, you would assume they have top spot sewn up, so they may want their boys to play as much footy as possible seeing they will probably have a week off in 4 weeks. Someone said there are a few like Osborne to still come back in.
Good luck to all and lets hope footy is the winner this week!:thumbsu:

RIP Akka's Footy Career:( - I know Giveitawash tries to mirror the peroxided ones lifestyle and he would be shattered!

Hey WJ did u boys take waaia a bit lightly or were your boys just down a bit on the day?? Anyone got results from dookie game????:thumbsu:

Rennie take no team lightly in this comp. Had a few boys out with injury (like most teams this time of year though). Katunga and Waaia look a lot like Rennie of 2009 - 3 or 4 good players short. But they give a mighty contest. Rennie did play ordinary (and that's taking nothing away from the Bombers) but it's a sign of a good team if they can still get over the line. Wouldn't want to play like that come finals time (and we note that we haven't made it there yet). Katunga and Waaia the only teams that probably can't make the finals now. I admire the fact that they aren't dogging it - they're still making things hard for the opposition. A big :thumbsu: to them.

Don't you guys have a member who is a league executive???

I think you'll find that a league exec member must leave the room when discussing/voting on issues pertinent to his or her club???

On the glass issue (and I'm going to try and make this the last time I comment on this :D), I think that if for example I can drink from a glass at Mulwala (Murray League), Yarrawonga (O&M), Etihad or the MCG, then little old Rennie is ok. Next thing we'll have to get rid of the coffee mugs, knives and forks, plates, replace glass windows with perspex ..... It's not the glass that is the problem, it's the d#ckhead holding it. I don't think there is a probelem with this issue during the home and away series. Having seen the behaviour at the previous 2 GFs (primarily from people who don't attend home and away matches) I do back a no glass policy for finals series though. The bottom line is, we'll get it sorted out now that the matter is being sensibly debated at league level (and not dictated as previously).

Anyway, appreciate your support on Rennie's improvement wouldilietoyou. 4 difficult games (Dooks, Shepp E, Katty and Tunga) in the run home. Probably would need to win 1 of those to ensure a run in the finals. Must beat Dookie this week (and 1 of the other 3) to grab 3rd.

On the glass issue I will try to make this my last comment: ALCOHOL + GLASS = DANGER then add a d#ckhead well muliply that danger 1000 fold then add a very close game with a bit of controversy, trouble!! Please consider the injury one glass could inflict in a worst case scenario. My risk assessment Extremely High with possible chance of serious injury or worse. Remember it will only take one person and less than one minute.

To try to belittle the argument for a no glass policy by carrying on about having to get rid of coffee mugs, plates, knives and forks etc is ridiculous and I find quite insulting. As if you do a risk assessment around circumstances these would be used, what was served in them, etc the risk of serious injury is low. I don't hand out steak knives without a good degree of caution. Maybe the risk seems remote to you but so too did the risk of cyber bullying having such a serious impact on field seem remote to all of us, we soon found out didn't we!!!

I am proud to be part of a league that has the sense to have a no glass policy. Would much rather be proactive than reactive, a leader rather than a follower. I for one do not want to wait for that one serious incident , before I decide to do something about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the glass issue I will try to make this my last comment: ALCOHOL + GLASS = DANGER then add a d#ckhead well muliply that danger 1000 fold then add a very close game with a bit of controversy, trouble!! Please consider the injury one glass could inflict in a worst case scenario. My risk assessment Extremely High with possible chance of serious injury or worse. Remember it will only take one person and less than one minute.

To try to belittle the argument for a no glass policy by carrying on about having to get rid of coffee mugs, plates, knives and forks etc is ridiculous and I find quite insulting. As if you do a risk assessment around circumstances these would be used, what was served in them, etc the risk of serious injury is low. I don't hand out steak knives without a good degree of caution. Maybe the risk seems remote to you but so too did the risk of cyber bullying having such a serious impact on field seem remote to all of us, we soon found out didn't we!!!

I am proud to be part of a league that has the sense to have a no glass policy. Would much rather be proactive than reactive, a leader rather than a follower. I for one do not want to wait for that one serious incident , before I decide to do something about it.

Mam, maybe you had better consider getting away from footy. If you do your risk assessments as stringently (as you have done with the glass) on the dangers of travelling in a car to training and to games, and on actually playing in such a tough body contact sport (not that you play), then you would just have to stop and call it off. I don't think there was any belittling of the issue by WJ, just a pointing out of some the other dangers that add to the risk. How have you survived hanging around footy clubs if you are so easily insulted? 1000 fold??? This is all getting a bit serious eh?And by the way, the PDFL does not have a no glass policy.

Let's get back to discussing footy.

The Mam card now why didn't I see that coming!! Yes everyone I am a female club executive even worse from the NW side so knock yourselves out with the wise cracks to validate your argument!!

Now travelling in a car whilst yes has risks we have road rules etc to reduce those risks.

Now the tough body contact sport (and yes you are absolutely right i don't and never have played) again rules are in place to reduce the risks of serious harm.

I don't see the need to have glass when we can sell out of cans and eliminate any risk of serious harm. I didn't suggest no drinking .

Now how about you go and tell your club secretary that the league does not need a cyber bullying policy or any action be taken to deal with cyber bullying, that it is a load of crap because you play in a tough body contact sport, with lots of risks attached which cannot be eliminated so lets do nothing at all and take the risk.

Having said that though i respect your club secretary and admire the stance she and Leanne took on the cyber bullying and support them 100%. Takes a brave woman to stand up in a crowd of men and demand action on safety. Always run the risk of being called a girl and told to consider getting out of footy. I think its called intestinal fortitude!! But thats only my personal opinion.

If you wanted to discuss just footy FG and WJ then don't bring up these topics.

I have very good reasons for wanting a no glass policy formalised (which I will bring up at a league meeting if warranted) as does your club secretary with the cyber bullying.

Sorry guys, get back to the footy.

i have been running the huge risk of drinking a beer out of a glass mug whilst reading your comments and have failed to cause myself or those around me any harm, touch wood i get through the night unscaved. My point is it takes a certain type of person to use something to cause another person harm, its not the glass thats the problem otherwise all pubs and clubs would be using plastic cups, its the person holding it.

i have been running the huge risk of drinking a beer out of a glass mug whilst reading your comments and have failed to cause myself or those around me any harm, touch wood i get through the night unscaved. My point is it takes a certain type of person to use something to cause another person harm, its not the glass thats the problem otherwise all pubs and clubs would be using plastic cups, its the person holding it.

I totally agree Uppercut. That is the problem not knowing how every single person is going to act. If something goes wrong ,which has happened in the past . Someone drinking out of a plastic cup can cause minimal damage with that cup ,however give that person or persons a glass and it is a totally different story. I understand your point on pubs and clubs, but we have volunteers running our clubs. Football can incite things easily at times. It is simply a risk I don't want over our heads when there are simple alternatives. We have a large area we have to supervise with fairly minimal staff at times. Lets be thoughtful of volunteers who may find themselves, if the unfortunate happens, in a very ugly situation. Our club is also 1/2 hour minimum from police and ambulance if such a situation were to get out of hand. Also bear in mind that a fair number of young children could be in the vicinity as well. Also I am not necessarily saying it would be a deliberate act. Accidental injury could easily occur as well if a fight were to break out and glass is thrown, smashed etc. It is also easier to break up a fight if there is less risk. It is duty of care to our volunteers.

shut up about the glass issue no one cares so either talk about footy on here or make a new thread cos no one is interested

shut up about the glass issue no one cares so either talk about footy on here or make a new thread cos no one is interested

well said gambi:thumbsu::thumbsu: Wow dookie have really thrown a spanner in the works for 3rd spot??? not sure who they have in the last 3 games but rennie mite have thrown and blown a double chance!!!:eek:

well said gambi:thumbsu::thumbsu: Wow dookie have really thrown a spanner in the works for 3rd spot??? not sure who they have in the last 3 games but rennie mite have thrown and blown a double chance!!!:eek:

I second that Gambi. Yes folks, well done to Dookie yesterday. They gave Rennie a real spanking. No excuses. The Dooks boys played really well. They were intense, harder at and quicker to the ball and man. If they play like that in the finals they can trouble Tunga and Shepp. Rennie probably need to win 1 more to play a final. Yes, the double chance is gone. No easy games either.

I second that Gambi. Yes folks, well done to Dookie yesterday. They gave Rennie a real spanking. No excuses. The Dooks boys played really well. They were intense, harder at and quicker to the ball and man. If they play like that in the finals they can trouble Tunga and Shepp. Rennie probably need to win 1 more to play a final. Yes, the double chance is gone. No easy games either.

beat shep east this week and ya never know wj yes it would be a big upset but rennie at their best play some great footy

beat shep east this week and ya never know wj yes it would be a big upset but rennie at their best play some great footy

Great to see Hayden Best back out on the paddock, he had a run in the twos last week and then on Sat against Katunga he showed he has not lost any of his touch, a class act kicked a lazy eight and set up 4 or 5 more a very handy acquisition to the Eagles...

not really willing to make any comments about the footy on here anymore, appears the local cyber police are having a blitz and getting a bit trigger happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back