Picola & District South East 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about other teams wanting to join?? Anyone heard of any others??

WJ is back from the "sinbin" after some apparent outrageous behaviour. Uppercut - keep the comments coming. Don't let the cyber police stop you. :p

In response to the comment above, there is a separate thread addressing this under the PDFL thread entiltled "Picola League Club Movements".

Nice one Sparra:thumbsu: Never let a chance like that go begging!
Dooks & the Eagles should be a corka this week. Dooks will know where they are at after Sat. I see Payne Coston and Kendall are back in the fold after 10 odd retirements each. Wouldn't be suprised to see big Grieggy pull them back on seeing they are gunna be in finals action:eek:. You would have to question what the boys in the midday show reckon of bustin their bags all year only to miss out on a gig in the big dance coz a couple of club favourite sons decide to have a crack at some september action trying to snag that elusive flag. (no doubt Payney & Kendall are good enough, but so often these days you hear clubs toe the line with puttin in the effort and you will be rewarded?????) I would think the Eagles have a cuppla big ins this week. G.Doyle & Choppa Seagrave have been seen frequenting Central Park on regular basis with the impending finals. Could they be possible starters for finals action:cool:

Well said NUTTA

WJ is back from the "sinbin" after some apparent outrageous behaviour. Uppercut - keep the comments coming. Don't let the cyber police stop you. :p

In response to the comment above, there is a separate thread addressing this under the PDFL thread entiltled "Picola League Club Movements".

Thought you had left us WJ! Anyway good to have some objective points of view back on line.
Hoppers v Katty should be a good one Sat! Reading the local rag, the hoppers have a few to come back. I reckon Rhodes is a real key for them. They seemed to have struggled a little over the past month with Strawhorn the main focus down there. They will be hoping to get some form coming ino the next few weeks. If i was a betting man, I'd say they'll face Dooks in the first final.
Katty well and truly have their backs to the wall! Be wary of a wounded tiger that has get their season on the line! Nothing will be left out on the park you would suggest.
Big day out at Katandra tomorrow. Hope all goes well for Wes. I would like to see Waaia get up tho:D:D. I'm sure everyone else would like to see a finals series without the dangerous Kats there.
Tunga will keep rollin on and the Eagles v Dooks should get a good crowd being old foes from the Central Goulburn days.
Good Luck all & Sundry for Sat.:thumbsu:

tunga have there best side in for the year only missin tom russel and travis betson so its startin to get hard for selectors

Thought you had left us WJ! Anyway good to have some objective points of view back on line.
Hoppers v Katty should be a good one Sat! Reading the local rag, the hoppers have a few to come back. I reckon Rhodes is a real key for them. They seemed to have struggled a little over the past month with Strawhorn the main focus down there. They will be hoping to get some form coming ino the next few weeks. If i was a betting man, I'd say they'll face Dooks in the first final.
Katty well and truly have their backs to the wall! Be wary of a wounded tiger that has get their season on the line! Nothing will be left out on the park you would suggest.
Big day out at Katandra tomorrow. Hope all goes well for Wes. I would like to see Waaia get up tho:D:D. I'm sure everyone else would like to see a finals series without the dangerous Kats there.
Tunga will keep rollin on and the Eagles v Dooks should get a good crowd being old foes from the Central Goulburn days.
Good Luck all & Sundry for Sat.:thumbsu:

Apparently not all my comments have been so objective thus the enforced holiday. I am now on a good behaviour bond with big brother watching my every move.

Yeah a couple of good ins for the hoppers with a few more to come back next week. A pr#ck of a year injury wise but they're coming back. Hopefully not too late. A huge game tomorrow. Hope our boys haven't forgotten what the tigers did to us in the first round down there. Red Rhodes (who became a first time father this week) is a good inclusion and will take a good defender away from Chase.

The other matches? Good luck to the others teams but we hope they all just belt the living bejesus out of each other!:D

Apparently not all my comments have been so objective thus the enforced holiday. I am now on a good behaviour bond with big brother watching my every move.

Yeah a couple of good ins for the hoppers with a few more to come back next week. A pr#ck of a year injury wise but they're coming back. Hopefully not too late. A huge game tomorrow. Hope our boys haven't forgotten what the tigers did to us in the first round down there. Red Rhodes (who became a first time father this week) is a good inclusion and will take a good defender away from Chase.

The other matches? Good luck to the others teams but we hope they all just belt the living bejesus out of each other!:D

make sure ya get to the canteen before 11 am so ya get something to eat good luck hoppers unfortunately working today so will miss the game but reckon both teams will give it their all should be a ripper

I see Dookies ruckman Dudgeon had a brain implosion Sat Arvo out at Shepp East. First of all he dropped No8 for shepp east behind the play(pushed him straight over in the back after everyone was walking back to the middle after a goal) then went on to dead set kung fu kick Ozzie in the chin in a ruck contest about 5 min later. Sent off & reported as well. I think he took the set week. Dunno whether Feldtman would be too happy seeing their other big man (No.7) went down like he was shot with an elephant gun in the 4th qtr. Didn't see what happened but from what some Dookie peolpe have said, a stiff breeze could inflict injury to that bloke. Hard as a cats head - not:thumbsdown: Not the ideal warm up going into the last round probably minus their 2 talls.

Anyway, would've been a nice night on the track last night - if hail, thunder and lightning are your sort of thing.:( good night for a bit of team morale with the ol fashioned Pie Nite:D

Think some1 got him with a knee in the back, was not intentional. Dudge had a nice cut under his chin saturday not sure who got him maybe thats why number 8 got one in the back.
Im sure if the umpires saw half of the stuff that was going on saturday there would of been a dozen blokes sent off both dookie and east players.

But shepp east are a class act when they play footy, cant see anyone beating them at all. They have to many good players in the 2nds as well as a hand full of 3rds kids who could fill spots if there was injurys.

Think some1 got him with a knee in the back, was not intentional. Dudge had a nice cut under his chin saturday not sure who got him maybe thats why number 8 got one in the back.
Im sure if the umpires saw half of the stuff that was going on saturday there would of been a dozen blokes sent off both dookie and east players.

Good to see a bit of friendly Central Goulburn rivalry still alive.:thumbsu:

Righto - I see on a couple of other threads the team of the year is up and running, so here I go: -

B: Dickins (DU); Burns (SE); Burkitt (Katty)
HB: Gilmour (W); Gillespie (SE); W Teague (Kat)
C: Saunders (T); Lewis (R); J.Best (SE)
HF: Dodd (T); Osborne (SE); Rhodes (R)
F: Powell (T); Strawhorn (R); Payne (T)
R: Betson (T); Cullinan (SE); Frappell (SE)
Int: Wild (Katty); Kitto (DU); Few (Katunga); Mason (SE)

So, thats:
SE - 7, Tunga - 5, DU - 2, Rennie - 3, Kat - 1, Katty - 2, Waaia - 1, Katunga -1

Some of these may not play in their selected positions, but the games I've seen, I think they would adapt nicely to where the have been named. Always good for discussion, so what do ya reckon?

Rhodes kicked many goals? he has been pretty quiet against us. i would maybe swap him with shepp east full forward think his last name is jones or perhaps ash gardner from katty.

Probably best post of the year on this thread though:)

how can u leave out luke buerkner he has toweld chase strawhorn dylan flanagan jaon trianidis he is the best tall defender in the league.. IMO

how can u leave out luke buerkner he has toweld chase strawhorn dylan flanagan jaon trianidis he is the best tall defender in the league.. IMO

ive been waiting for your input gambi, you were too busy starting blues in the crowd to see much footy and chase's biggest trouble was the wind on saturday luke didnt do much at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Fairies Muff, he was stiff, but lets have a look at your list to see what you come up with. No doubt there will be people out there that will have some suggestion regardless who you put in the side. But thats good for a healthy debate.:thumbsu:

On a serious note, any big names missing/coming in for the first week of the finals? Will D.Teague pull on the Kats jumper? I see O'Rielly back and in form for the Kats last week. I thought he was gone for the year. Somehow everyone finds another leg come finals time. And why not, afterall, its a priveledge to run around at the business end of the season. Can the hoppers progress to the second week? I think they might. And Dooks and tunga should be close again. From memory, I think they were close both times this year? Gunna be a corka of a finals series. Hopefully the good lord looks after everyone and turns it on weather wise.

Hey WJ, you would've seen everyone in the comp this year, I'd be interested in seeing who you reckon would make the team of the year! And come on the rest of you blokes/girls, I would've thought the team of the year would've sparked a few more posts?:confused:

ive been waiting for your input gambi, you were too busy starting blues in the crowd to see much footy and chase's biggest trouble was the wind on saturday luke didnt do much at all
pfft watever mate u obviously have no idea wat ya on about it was actually a rennie player that lipped off first i tried to break it up ya dropkick and the wind wat an excuse didnt stop dimmy and scotty from kickin 3 each

Righto - I see on a couple of other threads the team of the year is up and running, so here I go: -

B: Dickins (DU); Burns (SE); Burkitt (Katty)
HB: Gilmour (W); Gillespie (SE); W Teague (Kat)
C: Saunders (T); Lewis (R); J.Best (SE)
HF: Dodd (T); Osborne (SE); Rhodes (R)
F: Powell (T); Strawhorn (R); Payne (T)
R: Betson (T); Cullinan (SE); Frappell (SE)
Int: Wild (Katty); Kitto (DU); Few (Katunga); Mason (SE)

So, thats:
SE - 7, Tunga - 5, DU - 2, Rennie - 3, Kat - 1, Katty - 2, Waaia - 1, Katunga -1

Some of these may not play in their selected positions, but the games I've seen, I think they would adapt nicely to where the have been named. Always good for discussion, so what do ya reckon?
wes teague isnt worthy of being in the best 22 (imo). katandra dont really have any standouts, although i would certainly put N. Bertoli D. O'Reilly, L. Minogue, P. Fry, G.Teague , S. Venables before Wes teague.
and which saunders is that on the wing?

pfft watever mate u obviously have no idea wat ya on about it was actually a rennie player that lipped off first i tried to break it up ya dropkick and the wind wat an excuse didnt stop dimmy and scotty from kickin 3 each

no need for name calling mate good luck on saturday but reckon rennie will be seeing yas again second week in as they should get over katandra and ya might even get a kick next time although i doubt it

Any news on coaches for 2011?

Dookie United:
Katamatite:
Katandra:
Katunga:
Rennie:
Shepp East:
Tungamah:
Waaia:

talking to jason wilde i would doubt that he will go around again kattys inconsistentcy piss's him off too much[/QUOTE]

coming from a bloke from a club who is offering him more money. He will play at katty. Were do rennie get there money from? I know for a fact they are paying a shit load of money to their coach an assistant

Inconsistancy comes from a young team progressing mainly from their thirds in the last few years

Here's a go at a 1980's style Katandra logo, might have a go at a few others.... bloody Sunday games!
xf4xl3.png

Old school Tungamah... even if they were the Hoppers back then.

9qiwer.png

And Rennie

30m79rq.png

Probably need a bit of the jumper design behind the Hopper....

& the East

2rhb96q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back