Analysis Pies made mistakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

If it wasn't for Davis we wouldn't have even made it to the replay it was a poor decision by Malthouse.
Yeah if it wasn't for the bounce there wouldn't have been a replay.
If it wasn't for Cloke, Daisy and Blair missing sitters there wouldn't have been a replay.
Davis was only one part of the equation that forced a replay. Absolutely the right decision to drop him because he did 3/4 of **** all.

Yeah if it wasn't for the bounce there wouldn't have been a replay.
If it wasn't for Cloke, Daisy and Blair missing sitters there wouldn't have been a replay.
Davis was only one part of the equation that forced a replay. Absolutely the right decision to drop him because he did 3/4 of **** all.

Technically I think it was 4/5 of f**k all. :)

It's all ok to say we had the youngest team and should have remained at the top of the pinnacle, but for a variety of reasons it doesn't always happen.

Collingwood in 1990 were supposed to have a dynasty, Essendons baby bombers in 1993 were also meant to stay up there while their record breaking team of 2000 was almost unbackable for 2001.

There are reasons some teams get there and don't stay up there with a combination of injuries, hunger, form and the competition among others having an impact. I believe Its very simplistic to say we dismantled a side but if coaches and the board agree that we're unlikely to challenge then a mini rebuild is the way to go. Let's not forget we had no fit ruckman after 2011 so once we lost that years GF, we were always at a handicap.

Who would have thought that Leigh Brown's retirement would have had such an impact.

A negativity crept over the club following the maxwell fasolo incident and it everything fell apart from there.
That's when you get bad and constant injuries when players are in a negative space.
Strange, I went to quite a few games and the only negativity I saw was on BF. Fasolo deserved it, Maxwell did the right thing.

If it wasn't for Davis we wouldn't have even made it to the replay it was a poor decision by Malthouse.
That's like saying Brian Taylor saved us in the 1990 qual final and therefore shouldn't have been dropped. He was and we won by 10 goals the following week, similar to Leon getting dropped.

It's not just one or 2 pieces of play, it's the overall game they're judged on

A negativity crept over the club following the maxwell fasolo incident and it everything fell apart from there.
That's when you get bad and constant injuries when players are in a negative space.
But then it all turned around prompting you to declare Collingwood to be premiers in 2014 about 3 weeks before the end of the h/a season remember?

Josh Thomas and Wellingham are different types of players. That comparison is just stupid.

Besides in terms of kicking Wellingham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Josh Thomas

Righto champ, these posts aren't really worth it, but if you recall past more than a few years ago we tried playing Wellingham as inside mid - this was during his peak in 2009 before we found out he was a better outside mid...which he really wasn't hence why it's no big deal he left.

Besides in terms of actual playing ability Josh Thomas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wellingham. Just ask Beams.

Love the historical revisionism that goes on. We didn't decide to do a full rebuild until the end of last year. In 2012, it was able spreading our talent age spread by moving on players we deemed replaceable and getting overs for them. Wellingham was very replaceable and Dawes had gone backwards at a great rate. Neither has shown us to be wrong yet.

Last year was when we cut deep after being more honest with ourselves about where we were. Thomas and Shaw were the only ones who still had something to give, but in Thomas's case we'd have been dumb to match Carlton's offer. Shaw was the only voluntary surrender of a player who had something left to give that year and we got Adams who will be crucial to us next year onwards.

Feels like the 50th time I've written that.
Hmm interesting. Dawes and Wellingham replaceable hey. So who has replaced them? Just interested to know, cause I haven't noticed anyone.

I completely agree with Dermie. We unnecessarily dismantled a premiership list that had promise, and have unnecessarily fallen down the ladder.

After this year's failure, it is absolutely clear that Eddie Macguire should begin his smooth transition out of the presidency, and start the search for someone new. He has to be held accountable for what is a spectacular failure.

I was supportive of Bucks, but the results speak for themselves, and the only result that matters is where we finish at the end of each year. We are heading down south, we've jeopardised what could have been a second premiership, and heads need to roll for that.
The second premiership already has been jeopardised and that was done in 2011 by one Mick Malthouse. Relax, if you cant see what Buckley is building, you need spec savers. Next season when we make the 8 Im sure you will be singing the coaches praises.

Hmm interesting. Dawes and Wellingham replaceable hey. So who has replaced them? Just interested to know, cause I haven't noticed anyone.

Broomhead is the medium/long term upgrade on Wellingham. We took him with the pick we received for Wellingham. As a stop gap measure we got Young to be a temporary replacement. Young by himself has probably played as well as Wellingham since the trade, and while Broomhead's development has been delayed due to glandular fever and a couple of little injuries, I'm much happier having him on the list than Sharrod.

White this year played better than Dawes did in 2012. Dawes could've stayed after 2012 and fought for his spot or played 2nd forward with Lynch as third forward/second ruck. He chose not to, and we got overs for what he was worth. I don't think Dawes has been any better than Lynch or White since we traded him.

But long term, the replacement for Dawes is Reid, with our young key backs meaning we could move him permanently forward. That plan was derailed by injuries to Brown and Reid this year. The list management decision was right, we just had injury problems that made it look questionable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make your case against BUCKS
- show how injuries cannot explain poor results
- show us how the delistings of our aging star could have been avoided
- explain how Daisy and Dawes could have been less selfish and not gone after money
- explain why the success Leading Teama has provided GEEL, SWANS and HAWKS was not worthy of implementation at Coll.
- explain why sticking with Bucks, is wrong when clearly Bomber, Clarkson and even MM got flags when their clubs ignored the push for their replacement by supporters
- finally explain why all our stars have chosen to re-sign if they hate Bucks.

If you do the above you might have a credible position on this issue, otherwise you are just wasting space here with your hollow and unfounded arguments.
This is my case against Bucks:
2nd to 4th
4th to 8th
8th to 11th.
It's a results-based business. The rest of excuses are just noise.

Bucks was pretty arrogant earlier in the season when we were doing ok. Definitely believed we were a chance, and did not indicate we had low expectations due to a rebuild. Changed his tune as we started falling apart.
Absolute rubbish he was arrogant earlier in the season he was confident in a measured way as I was myself when I thought we had a chance of getting Reid and one or 2 others up and going in 2nd half of the season.

The workload on our young players became too much and they ran out of legs simple as that and that would have happened whoever was coaching us.

Wellingham played about 15mins a game and Dawes couldn't take an overhead mark to save himself.

What are you lot on about?

This is my case against Bucks:
2nd to 4th
4th to 8th
8th to 11th.
It's a results-based business. The rest of excuses are just noise.

It's a business with artificial equalisation measures built into it to ensure no team stays up the top forever. We had a very good run, and are rebuilding to have another prolonged period of success. We also had a terrible run of injuries this year and still finished one win out of the eight. But no, it's Buckley's fault we don't win the flag every year.

Ok so you now believe the succession plan was a mistake. Good to see you realise that it probably cost a premiership or two.

Do you honestly believe given what you have seen over the last 3 years that Buckley is doing a good job? Is he the best man for the job currently? Why on Earth would you wait another 3-4 years to see if he turns it around and becomes a good coach? I mean the club is not a personal playground for anyone to see if they eventually come good? If so lets hire Eddy the Eagle and throw him at FF for 5-6 years to see if he can make it.

We have shown zero improvement in any area in 3 years and are going backwards. Look at Melbourne yeh sure they are a basket case but you can see they have improved under Roos.

My view of the succession plan has been the same for quite some time. I think Buckley has done as good a job as could be expected given the circumstances he inherited. Namely, that a number of senior players were not supportive of the coaching change.

Buckley has installed the Leading Teams philosophy in an attempt to change this culture. Leading Teams has been a successful strategy at Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn so I am reluctant to criticise it. Believe me when I say that a number of players who are no longer with our club were not supportive of this approach. I attended a function last year where Joel Selwood was a speaker. He said that when Leading Teams began at Geelong in 2007 there were players against it. Most notably, Matthew Scarlett was a vocal critic. The facilitator of the program was able to change Scarlett's mind on the approach and as they say the rest is history. When Selwood was asked what would have happened if Scarlett had refused to embrace Leading Teams his response was immediate - "he would have been traded". This process is happening at our club right now. Whether you agree or disagree with it is irrelevent. Buckley has the full support of the board and will continue to make the changes deemed necessary. Trust me, he will be the coach of our club beyond 2016 and in my opinion will be a premiership coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Pies made mistakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back