Pies make Jolly offer

Remove this Banner Ad

DARREN Jolly could be headed for Collingwood next year after telling Sydney he wants to return to Victoria for family reasons.
Rival clubs have known all week that Collingwood was prepared to trade its first selection, No. 14, in the national draft, and the Herald Sun learnt last night it had held detailed talks with the Swans about exchanging that draft pick for Jolly.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/pies-make-jolly-offer/story-e6frf9jf-1225782324014

I would think pick 14 + more is needed.

Haven't seen the Jolly wanting to return to Vic mentioned anywhere outside this article but for the sake of the argument let's assume it's true.

He'd be a great coup for many clubs, Collingwood especially given Fraser's knee issues and their desire for a real big bodied ruckman.

I'd have thought that pick 14 would be at the low end of the compensation needed. Given he's contracted, Sydney would want more than pick 14 and given that, I'm not sure how Collingwood could get both Jolly and Fev.

You'd think if he was available the Hawks would be all over him too and personally I'd love the Dogs to look at him, although I don't think it's likely we would.

Wow, it's going to be an interesting trade week (hopefully)!:)

Did you see this coming grimlock?

If Choco's prepared to throw 9 at Hampson, well Jolly must be worth ........

Of course Sydney could turn around and say to Jolly "ROK wanted to leave last year, we kept him and he won our B&F this year, so, don't start packing"

Wow, it's going to be an interesting trade week (hopefully)!:)

Did you see this coming grimlock?

If Choco's prepared to throw 9 at Hampson, well Jolly must be worth ........
There were rumours about Jolly going back to Vic, but they seemed to have originated from the Hawthorn board. Certainly nothing linking him to Collingwood. But you would think Hawthorn will be in on the act too, although I'm not sure what's happening with their picks given they're interested in Burgoyne and Gibson.

Collingwood were origionally keen on Seaby.
Wondered why they went cold on him.
The market has changed .
Seaby is now an essential for Sydney.
I would say an increase of 6 to 8 on the picks scale.

There were rumours about Jolly going back to Vic, but they seemed to have originated from the Hawthorn board. Certainly nothing linking him to Collingwood. But you would think Hawthorn will be in on the act too, although I'm not sure what's happening with their picks given they're interested in Burgoyne and Gibson.

It'll make teams evaluate who they're after, I expect and say well Jolly would be more valuable to us than Burgoyne or Fevola, or whoever they were chasing. Can only lead to a win for Sydney. Pyke is 25? so physically should be ready to go and at least give a contest in the centre. His worry will be around the ground, reading the play, but Sydney can overcome with their stoppage style and tight midfield checking. If you get Seaby, which I expect to happen, then he'll be ready to take the first ruck as well, with Pyke or White as backup, but I suspect White might be better forward.

And no, I'm not suggesting you give 14 to the Eagles for Seaby, just an appraisal of the situation.

Should be very interesting. Hope we snag him, pick 14 is quite a good deal for Jolly. The question is how does this impact our attempts to get Fev as well. Getting both would be a huge coup, but no doubt come at a high price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that Pick 14 is a reasonable offer.

You need to realise that Collingwood trading pick 14 for cameron Wood has scared most clubs from offering too much for ruckmen.

You have to consider the r/l b/w Roos & Malthouse. Absolute respect b/w the 2 parties, Rhyce was probably undervalued last year but the deal was done with no fuss.

In terms of dealing with Sydney I think its fair.

We gave them Nick Davis for next to nothing and similar with Rhyce Shaw last year to help them out. I reckon it's only fair to return the favour when a player requests a trade the other way. By creating a good trading history with clubs you would hope you gain some respect.

We will wait and see I guess. Fair to say ill be over the moon if we get him for pick 14.

Before a few people wet their pants with excitement, remember that IF Jolly leaves it only means we need a ruckman more, it doesn't mean anything in terms of what other clubs might offer for Seaby.

If, for example, Port were going to offer a 3rd rounder for Seaby, Sydney losing Jolly wont make them up their offer. Making sense yet?

I think that Pick 14 is a reasonable offer.

You need to realise that Collingwood trading pick 14 for cameron Wood has scared most clubs from offering too much for ruckmen.

I think Sydney would be bringing the Wood trade up very early on in negotiations! We gave up 12 and 16 I think for Ottens and while Ottens has an extra dimension to Jolly, he is worth more than 14.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies make Jolly offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back