Pies make Jolly offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Before a few people wet their pants with excitement, remember that IF Jolly leaves it only means we need a ruckman more, it doesn't mean anything in terms of what other clubs might offer for Seaby.

If, for example, Port were going to offer a 3rd rounder for Seaby, Sydney losing Jolly wont make them up their offer. Making sense yet?

You'll get Seaby no doubt. The reason he has agreed to a 3 year deal at Sydney is because Jolly is moving on and the swans have probably conceded.

What would be the point of moving from being under Cox to being under Jolly.

He'll make a good ruckman I think.

So you think it's just "fair", but you'll be over the moon if it happens? Sorry but that pick wont cut it.

I think its fair because of the history between the two clubs. Fair to say we helped you out through the late 90's early 2000's giving you best and fairest after best and fairest (Williams Schauble), then gave you nick davis who got you to the GF you won, and now shaw last year who was one of your best players this year (id assume top 3 b/f?). Its only fair that if a player wants to move the other way that Sydney will help us get it done.

Ill be over the moon because we need a big ruckman.

I still don't think Hawthorn will even get Burgoyne. If Jolly were up for grabs and something stopped the negotiations between Port and the Hawks reaching a "fair" trade, im sure Hawthorn would be all over Jolly like a rash.

We need a ruckman more than we need another midfielder. Obviously the Hawks couldn't fit all three of the players they are chasing in under the salary cap, but maybe something could eventuate...

... that's if he's up for trade though. He wont come cheap, contracted and he's a bloody good player. Like i said before, i heard McGlynn and Kennedy were being thrown around with talks with Sydney, maybe this could be a deal for him? Im a little one sided because im a Hawks fan, so im not sure if that would get the deal over the line or not, i would think Sydney would be after draft picks, and good ones at that. But they have mentioned they are keen in those two players, so who knows.

I think its fair because of the history between the two clubs. Fair to say we helped you out through the late 90's early 2000's giving you best and fairest after best and fairest (Williams Schauble), then gave you nick davis who got you to the GF you won, and now shaw last year who was one of your best players this year (id assume top 3 b/f?). Its only fair that if a player wants to move the other way that Sydney will help us get it done.

I don't want to be mean, because you seem genuinely nice about all this, but you're being unrealistic. Those trades that you mention weren't favours to Sydney, and they wont be reflected upon during any talks about what Sydney requires from Collingwood.

Sydney may refuse to trade with Hawthorn after last years O'Keffe debarcle.
No, don't be silly. They're all professionals who want the best outcome for their respective clubs.

You make a compelling srgument, but jolly is a top 5 player in the sydney line-up and is vital cog in our gameplan, without him we are pretty much screwed

the players that you traded us were just handy players to you, and were not even in your top 10, and jolly is a top 5 ruckman of the AFL

I don't want to be mean, because you seem genuinely nice about all this, but you're being unrealistic. Those trades that you mention weren't favours to Sydney, and they wont be reflected upon during any talks about what Sydney requires from Collingwood.

Yeah in some ways I am, but I think the Nick Davis trade Sydney played pretty hard ball and Collingwood could've easily said no and put him in the preseason draft, but we accepted your 2nd round pick to allow him to go where he wanted. I would hope that a similar arrangement will be made when trading the other way.

You make a compelling srgument, but jolly is a top 5 player in the sydney line-up and is vital cog in our gameplan, without him we are pretty much screwed

the players that you traded us were just handy players to you, and were not even in your top 10, and jolly is a top 5 ruckman of the AFL

Knowing our luck it will happen in reverse.

Like i said before, i heard McGlynn and Kennedy were being thrown around with talks with Sydney, maybe this could be a deal for him?

It certainly wouldn't be. You could only get him if one and most like both your likel trades fell apart. Hawthorn have got contracts agreed so they fit within the salary cap and there would be a huge risk that if Jolly became available you would a) need a 1st Round Pick and b) need to clear even more space in the salary than you had planned on because he is on a huge contract and the Swans won't agree to pay part of that contract.

He would be the highest earner of the three you would be trying to trade for and the Swans would be asking for a lot more than McGlynn, Kennedy and a 1st Round Pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah in some ways I am, but I think the Nick Davis trade Sydney played pretty hard ball and Collingwood could've easily said no and put him in the preseason draft, but we accepted your 2nd round pick to allow him to go where he wanted. I would hope that a similar arrangement will be made when trading the other way.

Why? One was out of contact and seeking to move back to his home state and the other is still under contract and is seeking to move back to his home state before the end of said contract (a full two years early in fact). Each trade we made with Collingwood has been different and this possible trade for Jolly will not be made with one eye on the past.

Yes we will be expecting a 1st Round Draft Pick, but we will be expecting a player (maybe two) in return. Would you object to a trade involve Pick 14 and Nathan Brown?? Also if we sent a 3rd Round Pick back your way would you object to Brad Dick also being included?? Yes player wise for a Collingwood point of view we might be asking a bit too much, but we are trading a contracted player who is Top 5 in the AFL for his position. Heck I would even accept a early second round pick (if you guys could get you hands on one) if both those players were included. But I guess this is the point of a trade, asking and coming up with an acceptable trade for both sides.

It certainly wouldn't be. You could only get him if one and most like both your likel trades fell apart. Hawthorn have got contracts agreed so they fit within the salary cap and there would be a huge risk that if Jolly became available you would a) need a 1st Round Pick and b) need to clear even more space in the salary than you had planned on because he is on a huge contract and the Swans won't agree to pay part of that contract.

He would be the highest earner of the three you would be trying to trade for and the Swans would be asking for a lot more than McGlynn, Kennedy and a 1st Round Pick.

Alot more than pick 9, Kennedy & McGlynn?? :confused:

I think that Pick 14 is a reasonable offer.

You need to realise that Collingwood trading pick 14 for cameron Wood has scared most clubs from offering too much for ruckmen.

Reasonable offer? Pick 14 for a Ruckman that had been overtaken by a 1st year player compared to the 2nd best ruckman in the competition in the peak of his career.

The trading of Wood just highlights how valuable ruckman are and how much they demand at the trade table. They would need to come up with a lot more than pick 14 in a shithouse draft.

If we netted Jolly & Fev, we win the flag in 2010.

I half agree with you to be honest. If they netted Jolly and Fev without denting the current list too much they would win the flag, but, and this is a big but, i can't see how they could possibly net those two fellows without taking a big hit to their playing stocks.

To net Jolly you will need to come up with a top 5 pick at a minimum. If you can't do that he will cost you pick #14 + a gun player at your club.

Fevola will cost you pick #14 + 1-2 very good players.

Use #14 on Fevola and you need to come up with a top #5 pick from another club. You will need to offload someone of Pendles quality to score that pick.

No way in the world you will get both players.

Why? One was out of contact and seeking to move back to his home state and the other is still under contract and is seeking to move back to his home state before the end of said contract (a full two years early in fact). Each trade we made with Collingwood has been different and this possible trade for Jolly will not be made with one eye on the past.

Yes we will be expecting a 1st Round Draft Pick, but we will be expecting a player (maybe two) in return. Would you object to a trade involve Pick 14 and Nathan Brown?? Also if we sent a 3rd Round Pick back your way would you object to Brad Dick also being included?? Yes player wise for a Collingwood point of view we might be asking a bit too much, but we are trading a contracted player who is Top 5 in the AFL for his position. Heck I would even accept a early second round pick (if you guys could get you hands on one) if both those players were included. But I guess this is the point of a trade, asking and coming up with an acceptable trade for both sides.

now you are just taking the p1ss

Commiserations Sydney Swans. First dealing with Hawthorn last year and now Collingwood. Could it get worse? Nobody wants to go to Port Adelaide do they?

I have more of a chance to be your ruckman next year than N.Brown does to be at sydney he is off limits for sure.And Westcoast would pay more for dick than a 3rd rounder so that would be silly by us as well.Not sure what then end deal will be but Brown is in the same boat as J.White is to you guys.

Commiserations Sydney Swans. First dealing with Hawthorn last year and now Collingwood. Could it get worse? Nobody wants to go to Port Adelaide do they?

Are you plain stupid or don't realize that Sydney/Collingwood have probably had the best trading r/l of any 2 clubs in the AFL? Their list manager played numerous GF's for us.

Sydney played bitch tactics last year, not Hawthorn. And where is talk of Collingwood's bad trading rep coming from??

Is it any wonder they are now playing hardball with the dogs over Hall? A month ago they were happy to let him go for nothing.

I really hope we can snag Jolly, but its gonna be tough dealing with Sydney. Even Choco is better

It'll probably end up being Pick 14 + Fraser for Jolly. I understand Sydney fans wanting a bit more for one of their best, but I can't see much more being offered by any other Melbourne club. It says Collingwood want to lock in the deal early Monday so I guess they want to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies make Jolly offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back