Pies time is now superthread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Are We Brave Enough?

I don't doubt the mental toughnes of alot of our players. Sidey, Thomas, Pendles and co are made for the big stuff. I expect Harry'O Swan and Shaw to do alot better on Saturday as will Didak.

Time will tell, I also have my doubts on the thread maker. Sorry but I think I wouldn't be the only one, your posts err on the side of pissing everyone off including me...

Shaw was one of our better players and never stopped busting his a$$ all day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

being compared to DTM is one of the highlighs of my life.

He is a subtle but instictive genius.

Like De Vinci or Mozat or D'Angelo.

Bravo to DTM and hello to all his followers.

I think he is at TAFE college today.

DTM never ever suffered from not being BRAVE enough...

as much as you blokes might scoff!

We could do with DTM in the midfield come Saturday when it gets hard to keep Believing.

Re: Collingwood will play Simon Prestigiacomo to tag Simon Fisher this week.

Presti didn't even train today so he has played his last game for Collingwood.

Thanks for a great career mate.

I wonder if Tazza will wear the number 35 next year.

Presti cried behind the bus before the parade as he told Mick he wasn't worth or ready to take on the first Grand Final.

If Presti could harness all this crying power for good, we might have a chance for him to cover ground to contest after contest and lock the ball in our forward line.

I fear I am going to see..

ROUTE 1 - BOMB!

Next week too.

And Saints defenders lining up to mark about 30 metres out from our goal...

AGAIN!

Some seem to think you're a dullard, others think you're a troll, either way you're sailing very close to the edge my friend.

Spot on, Paddy. PTIN has embarked on a crude if systematic effort to sap the confidence of Pies supporters. It's a kind of public wank-fest with pics.

Be interesting to see what the tosser comes up with next.

I don't understand why PTIN keeps saying we have to be brave and serious. Just about every post I have seen by PTIN has state these things. We were all those things on Saturday and have been every game this year. Mate it's you that should believe in the team. All of us here do!

I don't understand why PTIN keeps saying we have to be brave and serious. Just about every post I have seen by PTIN has state these things. We were all those things on Saturday and have been every game this year. Mate it's you that should believe in the team. All of us here do!

We were not quite brave enough to take the game on in the second half when we went in with a 24 point lead.

We tended to want it to be over and got too defensive and fell away from our structures and our tempo and our run and just started BOMBING the ball into the forward line.

That is what David King means.

Instead of using Presti on Fisher (which is crazy)..how bout we use Ben Reid.

He's played forward before, has a bit of confidence now, and if Presti is back in, he and Brown can handle Reiwoldt & Kos.

Ben Ried is the one I'd go with. Has pace, height and can keep Fisher accountable.

Pies time is NOW - you my friend; are a Knob of the highest order!

Change nothing. We were well and truly outplayed in the second half and still didn't lose.

A 5 goal margin is all we needed before we broke their back.

Bring on the replay!

Go Pies!

Some seem to think you're a dullard, others think you're a troll, either way you're sailing very close to the edge my friend.
Of a card or of a friend of presti taking offence and shutting him up?

Say he is very close to either

We were not quite brave enough to take the game on in the second half when we went in with a 24 point lead.

We tended to want it to be over and got too defensive and fell away from our structures and our tempo and our run and just started BOMBING the ball into the forward line.

That is what David King means.

It's Collingwood haters such as this guy that is cowardly enough to register a username and pretend to be a Collingwood supporter and create sentiments that other fellow Collingwood haters in the media want to persue will only help galvinize the mighty black and whites for next week. Keep it coming man, do you remember when Didak and Shaw got done for drink driving and the following week we came and smacked you guys in 08? Or maybe you follow some other side...

Again, a Collinwood under media pressure and wanting for redemption is a lethal cocktail... Keep stirring it up chump your attitude is only fuel for the fire...

I'm getting fired up, I know the players will be breathing fire come Saturday... :thumbsu:

davis out for goldsack

i think mcaffer should go to gilbert (towelled him up in round 16?) and toovey should go to fisher (i really think he can do a good job on fisher. he dominated deledio playing this role. mind you it was only richmond....). goldsack takes tooveys spot in the backline.

the forward line increases its defensive pressure with the inclusion of toovey despite the loss of davis. the backline is still quite solid despite the loss of toovey.

if the move doesn't come off its no biggie, we play quite well with an extra defender in the team (qualifying and prelim final), or shaw/johnno can be pushed up the ground if theres not enough matchups

just an idea....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Collingwood haters such as this guy that is cowardly enough to register a username and pretend to be a Collingwood supporter and create sentiments that other fellow Collingwood haters in the media want to persue will only help galvinize the mighty black and whites for next week. Keep it coming man, do you remember when Didak and Shaw got done for drink driving and the following week we came and smacked you guys in 08? Or maybe you follow some other side...

Again, a Collinwood under media pressure and wanting for redemption is a lethal cocktail... Keep stirring it up chump your attitude is only fuel for the fire...

I'm getting fired up, I know the players will be breathing fire come Saturday... :thumbsu:

Very well said Paddy couldn't have said it better myself.

We finished on top of the ladder, we comprehensively beat Sts & Geelong in the second half of the season, we drew a GF with the magority of our best players down on form, why on earth would we panic and change our strategies now. We haven't been a tagging team all season, instead we have used team pressure to crush oponents. It works, it will work again on Saturday and we wont try to create a new game plan/style now. Get a grip or F off. Mick, Bucks, Scotty and the rest are too smart to panic now. PTIN that qualification obviously doesn't aply to you, so go ahead and panic, just don't do it here because we believe in our boys and the coaches. SIDE BY SIDE means having faith and belief in those with whom you stand, get the meaning?????

Presti in to tag Fisher, is the dumbest thing I have ever heard on Big Footy. Dumbest post in two years I rekon. I just hope we dont do that or we will deffs still be on 14 Premierships on Saturday night but I know it wont happen.

If pendles kicks a goal in the first half we should win, its generally a sign we have our tails up and are playing good football i think.

We finished on top of the ladder, we comprehensively beat Sts & Geelong in the second half of the season, we drew a GF with the magority of our best players down on form, why on earth would we panic and change our strategies now. We haven't been a tagging team all season, instead we have used team pressure to crush oponents. It works, it will work again on Saturday and we wont try to create a new game plan/style now. Get a grip or F off. Mick, Bucks, Scotty and the rest are too smart to panic now. PTIN that qualification obviously doesn't aply to you, so go ahead and panic, just don't do it here because we believe in our boys and the coaches. SIDE BY SIDE means having faith and belief in those with whom you stand, get the meaning?????

Agreed. GO PIES! Lets get it done! :thumbsu:

If our past and also last week has shown us anything, it is that we just need to take our chances.

The guys have had a stroke of luck, they missed their chances but have another crack at getting the title. Surely someone like Bucks has had a word in their ear about how fortunate they are, how good they are and how if we go about our business like we have all year then we would win.

The Saints rely on teams to bring their B game to the table, we don't. Execute our game plan and take our chances and the cup is ours.

They may never get the chance again!

C'mon Pies!

We all need to take a breath and remember that with up to 9 players well below their normal output, all the saints could manage was a draw against us !!

I bet they are more worried about US especially if all those players that were down have a better day !

There best players gave it everything and still couldn't beat us !

GO PIES !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back