Pies Trade Rumors?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong mail that Daniel Harris is going to Collingwood

I would like to see a Daniel Harris swap for Johnson with a Rhyce Shaw sweetner such as for a third round Kangeroo draft pick or a swap of round 2 draft pick order.
Also Seaby for a WA youngster if we have any (probable straight swap or add late draft pick) enabling us to attempt to move on Josh Fraser before whats left of his leap diminishes just like his poor hairline (sorry Josh), last year for possible draft value regarding Josh Fraser. (St Kilda / Sydney).

I would like to see a Daniel Harris swap for Johnson with a Rhyce Shaw sweetner such as for a third round Kangeroo draft pick or a swap of round 2 draft pick order.
Also Seaby for a WA youngster if we have any (probable straight swap or add late draft pick) enabling us to attempt to move on Josh Fraser before whats left of his leap diminishes just like his poor hairline (sorry Josh), last year for possible draft value regarding Josh Fraser. (St Kilda / Sydney).

I'd love both of the trades but keep Fraser and use him as a third tall in our forwardline. I don't believe Rusling can play a dominate forward to one dimensional plus injury prone.

So what about Mark Seaby, 25yrs old, 200cm, 97 games, plenty of finals experience.

Seaby + Wood take the ruck duties and that will leave Frazer as the tall (3rd) forward you guy's really need?

Chances are you'll get him alot cheaper than the pick 14 you used on Wood and IMO he's a better ruckman.

What do west coast want for him.

Any BF posters at the Copeland last nite?

If so where there any whispers amongst the inner sanctum as to what might go down next week?

Any players absent that would indicate all was not well? ie: Dids?

Any info on Cousins?

There is a rumour that's been going around for a while that Chris Tarrant is homesick and wants to return to Victoria. Any truth to this?

Johnson to Nth for Daniel Harris

R Shaw to Rich for 1st round pick swap

Coll: Harris + pick 8

Nth: Johnson

Rich: R Shaw + pick 11
I doubt Richmond would give up a genuine chance of drafting one of Sidebottom/Hartlett/Ziebell for Rhyce Shaw.

And Ben Johnson is a horrible footballer these days. North would be able to find a better deal with ease (assuming you meant Ben Johnson).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Up for trade.

This might sound stupid, but i would think EVERY SINGLE PLAYER except:

Cloke
Brown
Pendlebury
O'Brien
Thomas

They are the spine and are priceless, but besides that if the right offer came for any one else then he could get traded

As for players we would be shopping around

Johnson
R.Shaw
Didak

Have heard off a mate that Adam Bentick could be on the way out for a pick under 30,
No details or who to, just got told from a very relaible source.
Whether it happens or not is pie in the sky.

Imagine that Ben Johnson plays for another club. What would we give up to get Ben Johnson? I wouldn't give them anything. Don't expect any other club to. Some supporters need to get real on the value of our players. I'd say a similar thing about Rhyce Shaw, though I might be thinking about a 3rd rounder if my team really needed a player of his type. Dropping down a few picks in the first round isn't worth what you could miss out on in the draft just for an average player.

I'd be suprised if we make any trades. Given the club seems to have reclaimed faith in Didak, I find it difficult to see us trading him, even for the 4th pick. For the 4th and Thomson we'd have to do it, but I find it difficult to believe that Port would do that, given they would expect to get at least a 2nd rounder, if not low first for him.

Kerr signs long-term deal with Eagles - HUN
Collingwood midfielder Rhyce Shaw is looking for a new home.

Friends say he wants a fresh start, meaning Ben Johnson is likely to stay at the club.
Interesting; that sounds like R Shaw is the driving force behind the move... which is better for his trade value.

Rhyce Shaw gone....

It is 5.45pm in London and Dave the Man is sleeping so I'm taking the opportunity to post some news...

Herald Sun.....
Kerr signs long-term deal with Eagles

Kim Hagdorn | October 05, 2008 12:00am
Have your say!Add your comments or read what others are saying

• WEST Coast rover Daniel Kerr has ended months of speculation over his future by signing a new contract.
The deal is likely to keep him an Eagle for the rest of his career.
The on-baller agreed to a long-term deal less than 24 hours after he was awarded life membership on Friday night.

Kerr's lucrative agreement is worth more than $800,000 a season and is understood to be for at least the five years he wanted to stay at West Coast.

Chief executive Trevor Nisbett yesterday said negotiations with Kerr had concluded amicably.
Nisbett also confirmed the Eagles had won the race to sign recently retired Collingwood captain Scott Burns as an assistant to coach John Worsfold.
Kerr, 25, has played 155 AFL matches and was contracted until the end of next season.
"Daniel has agreed to terms and it will be a long-term contract, but I'm not at liberty to discuss any details though," Nisbett said.
"We are delighted to settle this deal and that Daniel has agreed to stay with the club for a long period of time and, hopefully, the rest of his career."
Amid months of speculation about trades to Victorian clubs, Nisbett had maintained Kerr would stay.
Intervention from Eagles coach John Worsfold heavily influenced negotiations with Kerr and his manager, Colin Young.
Worsfold, himself out of contract at the end of next year, insisted on a "zero tolerance" approach to Kerr leaving West Coast.
Young said Kerr would only have left the Eagles if club management had elected to trade for crucial early draft picks.
Nisbett conceded "compromises were negotiated" in their discussions.
"All of us have been very keen to have Daniel with us for the long term and he has stated that consistently as well. These things take time and there are a lot of things to consider," Nisbett said.
"Daniel is one of the best players in the competition and we have recognised that. He is also an integral part of what we're trying to do with our rebuilding program."
Nisbett was also delighted Burns had joined the club.
"We believe he has the capacity to assist in our young squad's development," he said.
"He will be an outstanding acquisition for our club and completes an outstanding group of people who will be involved in plotting our charge back into finals contention."
Meanwhile, Adelaide has gate-crashed Hawthorn's premiership celebration party by luring assistant coach and former Melbourne champion Todd Viney to the Crows as a midfield coach.
The former Melbourne captain, dual best and fairest and All-Australian had wanted to return to South Australia and had been in contact with Crows football operations manager John Reid over several years.
Viney, 42, will begin next month.
Coach Neil Craig said: "We're very pleased to have Todd on board. We're very excited with his experience as a player and a coach."

Collingwood midfielder Rhyce Shaw is looking for a new home.
Friends say he wants a fresh start, meaning Ben Johnson is likely to stay at the club.

Swan Ryan O'Keefe and Demon Brad Green will decide tomorrow whether to accept three-year deals offered by their clubs or move on.
Kangaroos dual premiership coach Denis Pagan will stand down as a director of the board to pursue junior coaching and business interests.

Interesting that Rhyce thinks he has made this decision. I'm pretty sure the club marked his card.

Re: Rhyce Shaw gone....

Same as 2007 trade period with R.Shaw. Word to the wise, if a player is reported to be shopped around or wants a fresh start it doesn't always mean they're gone. I think it's 60/40 him leaving at this stage.

Whatever we get for him IMO will be pretty average and he'll be a bargain pick up for another club.

I seriously don't think anyone will pick him up.Didn't we offer him to Brisbane last year and they rejected him,whilst showing their preference to Lonnie? That just about sums it all up.

That wouldn't hurt the Pies one bit. Get rid of the dead wood, he is about as valuable to you guys as much is Hackland is to us. Not sure if anyone would trade for him though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies Trade Rumors?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back