Play Jackson...

Remove this Banner Ad

When Jackson first started off for us we were playing him as a full back on giants, he lost nearly every time but that was back then when he was a raw kid who couldn't run...

But now he is courageous, gives you 100% every week, runs hard, has good leg speed and knows how to play as a backmen.
I just reckon it would good to watch and a good experience for him he has torn up many A-grade midfielders this year that have been all shapes and sizes.

Who are our other options to play on buddy? Please don't say Mcguane he has been terrible the last month and i don't want buddy kicking 10 goals.

Buddy really does not take many contested marks & is too quick, tall & has long arms if he is on the lead so we almost need to concede those possessions.

Where we need to limit him is when the ball is on the ground and this is where Moore or even Rance have merit.

How about Cyril... who get's him?

when did he play on giants, from memory played on big bodied mids, not athletic one of a kind, one in 10,000 players. silly silly silly kk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see what you're getting at but I reckon we have a number of better options - ie Moore and Thursfield, who have done good jobs on him in the past. Moore is probably back in for that reason only.

When Jackson first started off for us we were playing him as a full back on giants, he lost nearly every time but that was back then when he was a raw kid who couldn't run...

But now he is courageous, gives you 100% every week, runs hard, has good leg speed and knows how to play as a backmen.
I just reckon it would good to watch and a good experience for him he has torn up many A-grade midfielders this year that have been all shapes and sizes.

Who are our other options to play on buddy? Please don't say Mcguane he has been terrible the last month and i don't want buddy kicking 10 goals.

Mcguane has been better than jackson this month!!!

Dude playing Jackson on Franklin is a terrible idea. With no Roughead I would suggest play McGuane on him and have Moore help out in any contests.
Buddy kicked 4.13 over the 2 games against us last year... and his kicking hasn't got any better :eek:

Jackson has had more kicks than any other Richmond player this year - I would say he is best used in the midfield

Your a idiot if you believe that...
So you would seriously play Jackson on Buddy over Mcguane, Thursfield and Moore? It's a radical idea and why not try it, but you'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul, I think the real question should be can we afford to take Jackson out of the middle? I'd say that would be silly.

Buddy really does not take many contested marks & is too quick, tall & has long arms if he is on the lead so we almost need to concede those possessions.

Where we need to limit him is when the ball is on the ground and this is where Moore or even Rance have merit.

How about Cyril... who get's him?
Tambo is a panelist on the Marngrook footy show tonight. He reckons Edwards will probably get Rioli. I'd say that would be close to a cert looking at the roles Edwards has been given the last few weeks.

When Jackson first started off for us we were playing him as a full back on giants

When and where?

He's never played as a KPD for us.

I'd be inclined to play him off the ball for the last two matches. We've seen what he can do in the middle, he's obviously had a long season, plenty of other blokes we can trial there in short bursts - as Rawlings has been doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Jackson...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back