List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Aaron Heppell's name was thrown about a bit. Is he just not good enough, or is he worth bringing to training for a week and looking at. If we had interest in Templeton, surely he gets invited. Anyone outside the square we could consider. I would think Sikora a very strong chance to be rookied now.
Was watching a video of Bomber before and he wasn't giving much away as to what sort of players we'd take in the rookie draft. Not sold we're going for a ruck anymore but I do hope we go tall and (preferably) fast.

Was watching a video of Bomber before and he wasn't giving much away as to what sort of players we'd take in the rookie draft. Not sold we're going for a ruck anymore but I do hope we go tall and (preferably) fast.

was it Dordoro who was saying this was a mids draft and next years draft is a talls draft? i.e better talls than smalls in it. I guess they do keep tabs on players for age 16 onwards but still it must be hard to pigeon hole a draft from so far back

was it Dordoro who was saying this was a mids draft and next years draft is a talls draft? i.e better talls than smalls in it. I guess they do keep tabs on players for age 16 onwards but still it must be hard to pigeon hole a draft from so far back
I think it was yeah, we've basically done a Carlton and ignored the need for a tall forward and/or ruck with both picks. The club say they want speed so I guess Merrett and Fantasia meets that but I think we've gone too small. Would've been happier if we'd gone Merrett with 26 and Marsh (the fastest player available this year) at 55. Fantasia could've been a rookie selection.

Yeah, why can't we do that again?

It would be quite a harsh thing to do but Jetta playing AFL next year is almost a fantasy.
We cant rookie Jetta for one of 2 reasons. seasons in the system and games played.
Think a player can spend only 3 years on the rookie list and cant go onto the list after playing x amount of games

We cant rookie Jetta for one of 2 reasons. seasons in the system and games played.
Think a player can spend only 3 years on the rookie list and cant go onto the list after playing x amount of games

Nah both Mitch Hahn and Ben Hudson have been rookies despite playing way more games than Jetta.

Glad we went for a Ruck with our first pick...

Every year the bombers go 'looking' for a ruck in the draft.. only to, surprise surprise, not find one!

I'm guessing we will rookie a taller player though.. to be ready in 3-5 years..

So, pre season and rookie drafts are next Wednesday, having been brought forward by a couple of weeks.

We'll have picks 10 and 28.

We need a tall, pretty simple, not necessarily a ruck, but someone with ruck size who is quasi capable of going next year in the seniors. Sikora should be a last resort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad we went for a Ruck with our first pick...

Every year the bombers go 'looking' for a ruck in the draft.. only to, surprise surprise, not find one!

I'm guessing we will rookie a taller player though.. to be ready in 3-5 years..

Perhaps it's a rouse so other clubs leave behind a midfielder thinking Essendon will go tall. The draft at times is a game of poker and there are mind games between clubs.

First, great to have another Italian on board.

My initial frustration with the outcome probably becomes the source of my excitement as far as these two newest recruits are concerned.

At every turn Bomber has hinted at the need to get some talls (despite everyone looking to conspiracy he is really an open book on most things). You don't have to be a two time premiership coach to work out that we need a ruck and a key forward project but we've gone small, skilful and fast. Interesting that Dumont was available at 26 and I would have said that we could do with another inside midfielder. At the risk reading too much into it, selection of Merrett probably also says that we're happy with our existing inside mid stocks (which is encouraging).

I wouldn't usually look at it so positively but can't help feeling that we've nabbed another two gems simply because we really don't seem to be getting much wrong with our selections.

Dodoro hinted at going for best available again with our two rookie selections but I hope that we look to take on a couple of big athletic guys if they are available. Only thing Sikora has going for him, as far as I'm concerned, is that we asked him to train with us. On what I've seen he is really only the old fashioned tap ruckman and plodder which type doesn't really have a role in footy any more.

First thing that came to mind reading that was "heck knows how I keep jagging AA nom's" T. Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back