Player comparison thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this will become clearer when practice games begin to be played, but i have an interesting decision.

Hurely + Grimes or Suban + Strauss + $58 500 (any other 91k player) - for the bench positions of the backs

And what about the thought of going with 5 really stong backs (keepers) and than having the other 4 be (Petterd, Grimes, M.Brown and Hurley)??

I know this will become clearer when practice games begin to be played, but i have an interesting decision.

Hurely + Grimes or Suban + Strauss + $58 500 (any other 91k player) - for the bench positions of the backs

And what about the thought of going with 5 really stong backs (keepers) and than having the other 4 be (Petterd, Grimes, M.Brown and Hurley)??

Dangerous thing to be doing. The backs rookies are traditionally very weak. I had a look at the number of basement priced players who played 15+ games and there were only a couple of defenders.

Also, I've said it before but I highly doubt Mitch Brown (WCE) will be a defender next year. He was listed as a forward in 2008 and missed the entire year due to injury. Why would CD change anything?

^^ because M.Brown played the NAB CUP and practice games as a CHB and trained with the eagles in the backs before being injured in 08.

I don't think they've ever been that liberal with their classifying system DWD - players like Ryan Griffen and Marty Clarke have played far more matches out of their nominated position and not been changed.

^^ because M.Brown played the NAB CUP and practice games as a CHB and trained with the eagles in the backs before being injured in 08.

Fair point actually, but Champion Data don't guess where coaches will play them they go on actual matches. Not sure whether NAB cup would count or not.

Fair point actually, but Champion Data don't guess where coaches will play them they go on actual matches. Not sure whether NAB cup would count or not.

Positions are finalized before NAB cup, so no. I went to the Port/Carlton game on the first week of the NAB cup, bought a record and found to my surprise that there was a full list of DT positions and prices in there.

Positions are finalized before NAB cup, so no. I went to the Port/Carlton game on the first week of the NAB cup, bought a record and found to my surprise that there was a full list of DT positions and prices in there.

They're decided long before that. What I was getting at was Brown played in defense during the 2008 NAB cup (apparently). It will be interesting to see if CD take that into account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you all there?

Before NAB cup means some time before the NAB cup starts. It could've been a month ago, it could be today, it could be five minutes before the NAB cup starts. I didn't say they were confirmed immediately before the NAB cup, I just said they were confirmed at some point before the NAB cup.

Before NAB cup means some time before the NAB cup starts. It could've been a month ago, it could be today, it could be five minutes before the NAB cup starts. I didn't say they were confirmed immediately before the NAB cup, I just said they were confirmed at some point before the NAB cup.

Yeah, but you also said this..

How can something be finalized before before the NAB cup?

Yeah, but you also said this..

I know. It doesn't make sense that something can be finalized before before the NAB cup. It can be finalized before the NAB cup, but not before before the NAB cup.

Well, at a guess I'd say after the draft and before the Prospectus comes out.:)

Given the last draft is late December and the Prospectus is out late January and would take a few weeks to print I'd think they would be finalising ATM.

I know. It doesn't make sense that something can be finalized before before the NAB cup. It can be finalized before the NAB cup, but not before before the NAB cup.

It took me a while to get what you were on about but I finally understand what you're saying:eek:;) What I meant was positions were finalised before the prospectus is released so sometime before late January. This also goes down as the most pointless argument I've had on BF:)

It took me a while to get what you were on about but I finally understand what you're saying:eek:;) What I meant was positions were finalised before the prospectus is released so sometime before late January. This also goes down as the most pointless argument I've had on BF:)

Actually this argument will have a massive effect on my team for next year. ;)

Well, at a guess I'd say after the draft and before the Prospectus comes out.:)

Given the last draft is late December and the Prospectus is out late January and would take a few weeks to print I'd think they would be finalising ATM.

Spot on dogs:thumbsu:

Anyways back to a player comparison........

Can i quickly ask how much is the prospectus ?? and where can i get it??

Is it worth getting it and whats in it??

Or can i just rely on the price changes of fanfooty after the prospectus is released!!

Can i quickly ask how much is the prospectus ?? and where can i get it??

Is it worth getting it and whats in it??

Or can i just rely on the price changes of fanfooty after the prospectus is released!!

As Virgil has said already, it's $40 online and will arrive in late Jan. You can get it in bookstores but it's hard to find and comes out quite late.

It's about 400 pages and covers a lot of things. It is not a DT book but has some fantasy stuff in there. Here's some of the things it includes:

A rundown of the AFL rankings team of the year.

An analysis of each teams list (things like experiance, height, weight and the number of players from each postion)

Next years potential draftees

How to bet on footy

A paragraph on every player in the competition. Also a sentence on their DT/SC prospects.

About 25 pages on 'how to win DT'. Just the basics with a few interesting stats in there.

A couple of example teams (this is how we figure out the magic number/prices)

Explanation of the SC scoring. I havn't read this much as I have no real interest in SC.

Two players that are in the mix for me are Cousins and Mcglynn. Both priced around the same area, Cousins being a champion of the game but in the twlight of his career and the hammys arn't all that reliable, but still will only be needed for aroiund 6 or so weeks if he an score consistantly for thosse weeks. Mcglynn on the other hand is expect to fill the hole left by Crawf, averaged 77 last two seasons. Just wondering what some other people opinions were on this. Thoughts ?

Watch them both in preseason. Too hard to tell the team formation of hawks at this stage for mcglynn - maybe have a look on the hawks board for their 'best 22' thread. I like mcglynn, but injuries and uncertian place on team do worry me. Cousins looks to be a lock for most people, but i think his hammys are very very very very risky.

Swan v Kane Cornes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back