Player X or Player Y (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didak's ability to handle a tag this year compared to last year is what has impressed me. The thing also helping Didak to counter act tags is he is playing closer to goal. Therefore the tag becomes just like a tight defender.

I personally think Didak is still overpriced, i will only consider him when he becomes 350k ish. He has durability issues which makes me turn away.

I would pick Goodes but i dont think any of these forwards are anywhere near a good price just yet.

Ashton Hams or Simon White.

i need a downgrade target in backs to upgrade a midfielder.

Who do u think will get more games?

Im leaning towards Hunt to Hams.
Then Dangerfield to Franklin or S Johnson?

Seem to be the only 2 options for me. You would think SJ but he hasn't been impressive at all. At least Franklin has shown a little but I still dont think he will be a very good keeper whilst SJ has the potential.

I'd probably go with Franklin. He scored 74 a couple of weeks ago without (i think) kicking a goal, and seemed to be finding some good form against North last week.

I'm upgrading Ziebell, deciding between ROK and Swan

I'm leaning towards ROK for the dp options, but swan is at a pretty good price now, and I'd love the ablett/bartel/swan combo...

Whoever you think will average more will determine whether you pick Swan or Okeffe. But the DP will become so important later on.

Swan will also further drop in price over the next 2 rounds.

Didak's ability to handle a tag this year compared to last year is what has impressed me. The thing also helping Didak to counter act tags is he is playing closer to goal. Therefore the tag becomes just like a tight defender.

I personally think Didak is still overpriced, i will only consider him when he becomes 350k ish. He has durability issues which makes me turn away.

I would pick Goodes but i dont think any of these forwards are anywhere near a good price just yet.

Unfortunately my last 4 forwards are Gumbleton, Wright, Pods and Rockliff. I could get away with playing both Pods and Rocky but in the meantime I am losing at least 30 points a week on Goodes, plus I have 360K sitting in the bank from a Riewoldt downgrade to Rockliff which was supposed to be used to upgrade Wright to a keeper. The other major problem I have is that none of my other cash cows have hit their peaks yet, so its not time to cash them in. I feel like each week I leave this large surplus in the bank I'm falling further and further behind the leaders.

As for Didak, I think his increased ability to deal with a tag is what will actually help him to avoid a drop down to the 350K range. He's played the Dogs, Saints and Hawks, 2 very good teams and 1 team we have traditionally struggled against. It's no surprise that when we have struggled against the better teams in the past, players like Dids have been quiet. Yet in those 3 games his scores have been very good. I guess nothing can make up for his past durability issues. I just think that Wright to Dids right now is the best thing for my side, because everywhere else I'm going to be sacrificing 50K+ to make the upgrades that I'm looking at because my cows haven't peaked and my targets haven't bottomed out.

Maybe its just my itchy finger but I feel like it's time to pull the trigger

When Kerr comes back Hams will go back to the Rookie list I'm pretty sure, unless we elevate him midseason which is a possibility. Something to consider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got Danger, and will probably look at downgrading him to Fyfe.

Will also be downgrading one of Bastinac, Martin, or Shuey in the mids to Kayler-Thomson...or possibly Hunt to Hams.

Each option apart from Shuey will leave me with comfortably over 400k for 2 upgrades next week (and a further 13 trades). Thoughts?

None of the above.....:eek:
Would have to agree with that summary. But I would think Fevola would average the best our of those 3, or maybe Byrnes I really don't know or care lol.

Ok what about this one, it's more of a scenario ...

It's finals time, with 4 rounds of the year to go. You can pick 4 players from each position, who do you choose? Players who can score huge would be the go here.

Hey guys, just want to get some thoughts on Robbie Gray, have him in my forward line but his first 2 scores dont look promising, is it worth maybe downgrading him to Fyfe then maybe upgrading either Wright/Hitchcock to a premium - Didak?

Hey guys, just want to get some thoughts on Robbie Gray, have him in my forward line but his first 2 scores dont look promising, is it worth maybe downgrading him to Fyfe then maybe upgrading either Wright/Hitchcock to a premium - Didak?

I personally dont know a lot about Gray's current situation, but IMO you picked him for a reason, you should follow your initial pick considering he has only played 2 games.

I dont know if he is injured but if not then i would give him at least another 3-4 rounds to see if his scoring improves. I know in the pre season he was rumoured to be spending a lot more time in the midfield so maybe (without seeing his TOG) they are working him into the games before letting him have a solid hitout in the guts.

If you find out his scores are being affected by his back injury then I would def look at doing the above mentioned trade as you net didak. But if he isnt injured then i think its premature to do anything.

Guys im stuck on LEWIS v SELWOOD... any opinions?

Those 2 games involved a near 100 point thrashing to geelong followed by a low scoring win against st Kilda

Give him a chance

Didak vs Daisy

Daisy seems to have lifted his game this year and would definately be a unique pick. however i would choose didak as his price is getting hard to ignore, he is capable of scoring you the occasional 130 when he snags a couple of goals, he is in a team that will be playing finals footy and he seems to be coping better this year with tags compared to his previous issues.

As per my previous post LEWIS v SELWOOD to put it simply who do you believe will be averaging more come years end?

When Kerr comes back Hams will go back to the Rookie list I'm pretty sure, unless we elevate him midseason which is a possibility. Something to consider.

Well currently there are 2 rookies playing for the eagles Stevenson and Hams. Hams was selected first so im assuming he is rated higher than Stevenson.

Kerr will also miss about another 10-12 weeks.

Also by round 11 you can add another 2 rookies to play. One will be Strijk, he will probably play before that but. Im not totally 100% sure but i think this is how the rookies work in regards to round 11.

Hams spot seems pretty safe compared to Davis and White.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back