Player X or Player Y (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can go wrong with either Johnson or Didak.

If you want slightly more consistency, go with Didak, as he runs through the middle.

On the other hand Johnson is more likely to kick bigger bags of goals, as he plays closer to goal, but this can affect his consistency.

Forget about Murphy.

My dilemma is who to cut: Hall or Ziebell?

I got exactly the same dilema this week. Im cuting Ziebel. He has the pies this week and cant see him gaining much. Hall has melbourne and has shown more promise. With that being said if hall stinks it this week he will be gone next week

having trouble picking my forward premium to trade in and when...

Also worth keeping an eye on are Higgins and Goodes, both probably 2 games from being bottomed out but both are more consistent options than the Didak and SJ rollercoaster rides. Goodes is a very reliable DTer, will generally score 80-120 with a 60 or two and a 140 or two each year and he is fairly durable. Higgins probably has the more upside but also has constant durability worries.

Can anyone in the know over West fill me in on Fyfe's job security??

It seems to be fairly good at the moment. Pearce and Van Berlo both got sent back to the rookie list and Fyfe is currently taking Headland's spot in the 22. Suban will most likely replace Roberton when he returns and Grover will replace Silvagni if he is to return.

He should be good for 2 months basically if form allows. Only other possible worry I can think of would be Ibbotson but they are fairly different types of players from what I've seen.

I would say that he will probably play another 3 games if he can maintain his current form. So from a cash cow perspective he is solid but I don't like him as a final downgrade guy, so if you are downgrading for cash cow purposes he is a good option, if you are trying to find your 8th or 9th forward I don't like him as much.

I got exactly the same dilema this week. Im cuting Ziebel. He has the pies this week and cant see him gaining much. Hall has melbourne and has shown more promise. With that being said if hall stinks it this week he will be gone next week

I think this is about right on that pairing. Hall hasn't been that bad, he just hasn't been the keeper that people were hoping he could possibly be based on his pre season. Ziebell has struggled at times this year and there doesn't even seem to be a trend of if NM do well he does well or anything. Just seems totally random and independent of results whether he contributes or not.

Hey guys,

Can anyone in the know over West fill me in on Fyfe's job security??

Good downgrade option??

I think he is a good downgrade option for sure. He is a great mark for his size and a handy flank or pocket. Previous posts have mentioned that Freo have played Richmond and West Coast in his first 2 games and with 3 tougher games to come he may come under scrutiny. The upside is Freo are pretty much full strength and he is getting a run i besides ruffles (coming off new recon and at least 3-4 weeks to go until consideration i would think, played a half in the ressies last week), i don't think there is anyone waiting in the wings to replace him in the forward line. He had 5 tackles last week and looks a lively type and a bit of a goal sneak. Overall i think his job security is positive as Harvey will keep playing the kids, plus Headland is out for 8 weeks also.

Hey guys, could really do with a couple of opinions on this.

I can't decide which rookies to start on the ground. there's davis or Nason in defence, and there's Duncan or Pods in the forwardline.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

Hey guys, could really do with a couple of opinions on this.

I can't decide which rookies to start on the ground. there's davis or Nason in defence, and there's Duncan or Pods in the forwardline.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

Nason has been consistent over the 6 weeks so I would go with Nason. I'll be starting him on ground replacing Maguire this week.

I would start Pods, even though its a difficult choice. Pods likely to take more marks and kick more goals.

I'm unsure as to whether I should trade in Bower or Cornes this week, or wait another week and see if Hargrave has turned the corner. Also wondering if I should bench Ballantyne this week.

I'm unsure as to whether I should trade in Bower or Cornes this week, or wait another week and see if Hargrave has turned the corner. Also wondering if I should bench Ballantyne this week.

If you really want Bower, get him now. If he cracks the ton this week he will be close to 350k. As for Cornes I don't see him averaging over 80 for the rest of the year, so it would be a no from me.

Bench Balla if you have Pods.

If you really want Bower, get him now. If he cracks the ton this week he will be close to 350k. As for Cornes I don't see him averaging over 80 for the rest of the year, so it would be a no from me.

Bench Balla if you have Pods.

Thanks. I was going to go Bower this week, or wait next week for Hargrave. If I don't go Bower this week, then I've probably missed the boat. However, I could miss out on Hargrave at a bargain basement price. Although I probably could trade in both, but that throws my plans out a bit.

I don't have Pods, but I could play Duncan or Gumby ahead of him. I have a sneaking suspicion both will outscore him this week.

Thanks. I was going to go Bower this week, or wait next week for Hargrave. If I don't go Bower this week, then I've probably missed the boat. However, I could miss out on Hargrave at a bargain basement price. Although I probably could trade in both, but that throws my plans out a bit.

I don't have Pods, but I could play Duncan or Gumby ahead of him. I have a sneaking suspicion both will outscore him this week.

If Hargrave tons up again this week he will still only be around 315k, still a bargain.

As for who to play out of Gumby, Balla and Ducan, its a raffle imo.

Not necissarily. Bower isnt a cash cow. If you bring him in, you will be bringing him in as a keeper barring injury. The only reason to trade bower in is you believe he can average enough from here on in to be a keeper in defence. Even if he does bounce up to 350k next week, if you believe he can average enough from then to be a keeper then he is still a good pick up. Just now is the idea time because he is only 313k

Not necissarily. Bower isnt a cash cow. If you bring him in, you will be bringing him in as a keeper barring injury. The only reason to trade bower in is you believe he can average enough from here on in to be a keeper in defence. Even if he does bounce up to 350k next week, if you believe he can average enough from then to be a keeper then he is still a good pick up. Just now is the idea time because he is only 313k

Your last line is my thinking. I don't want to pay full price for him, or for any of my upgrades (save for perhaps Ablett). If I can get him this week at 40k below his true price and he can keep producing 100's I'm laughing. Trouble is he's only played two games so his sample size is pretty small. Many safer choices as premium backs (Gram, Carrazzo etc) but paying for it.

Your last line is my thinking. I don't want to pay full price for him, or for any of my upgrades (save for perhaps Ablett). If I can get him this week at 40k below his true price and he can keep producing 100's I'm laughing. Trouble is he's only played two games so his sample size is pretty small. Many safer choices as premium backs (Gram, Carrazzo etc) but paying for it.

Even if he tonned up this week and you picked him up at 350k next week, if he continues to average 100 (highly unlikley) for the rest of the season you ll still be laughing. Like you said tho you have vertually no sample of him. And i guess if you wait till next week week he will jump to 350k you will be asking yourself if you should get him or pay an extra 35k and get a safe, proven dt gun like carazzo or scotland.

I think another thing to look at is your backline. If you have a solid backline you can probably afford to take a punt on bower because if he fails he slots in as 5th or 6th back no worries. If you have a weaker backline and he fails as well, well then he just adds to the problem.

Its a risk that could really pay off if you take it imo but could also slap you in the face:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he tonned up this week and you picked him up at 350k next week, if he continues to average 100 (highly unlikley) for the rest of the season you ll still be laughing. Like you said tho you have vertually no sample of him. And i guess if you wait till next week week he will jump to 350k you will be asking yourself if you should get him or pay an extra 35k and get a safe, proven dt gun like carazzo or scotland.

I think another thing to look at is your backline. If you have a solid backline you can probably afford to take a punt on bower because if he fails he slots in as 5th or 6th back no worries. If you have a weaker backline and he fails as well, well then he just adds to the problem.

Its a risk that could really pay off if you take it imo but could also slap you in the face:p

All good points. I have enough money to get a Carazzo or Scotland but I could use that money better elsewhere, if possible. Bower is also a move that could really set you apart from other teams, or as you say slap me in the face. Also want to get Brown in my team, but it depends on other trades if I get him this week or next.

Nason has been consistent over the 6 weeks so I would go with Nason. I'll be starting him on ground replacing Maguire this week.

I would start Pods, even though its a difficult choice. Pods likely to take more marks and kick more goals.
Your a legend. :thumbsu:

Hi Guys

Really having trouble choosing between who to upgrade between Martin and Trengove? Pretty much of a muchness? Looking at going to Hayes or Selwood. Leaning towards Hayes.

Current mids: Bartel, Swan, Gibbs, Barlow, Trengove, Martin (Shuey, Howlett)

Interested to hear your thoughts....

Hi Guys

Really having trouble choosing between who to upgrade between Martin and Trengove? Pretty much of a muchness? Looking at going to Hayes or Selwood. Leaning towards Hayes.

Current mids: Bartel, Swan, Gibbs, Barlow, Trengove, Martin (Shuey, Howlett)

Interested to hear your thoughts....
I would say Trengove. The only reasoning behind this is because Martin has just had a week off and would be alot fresher, while Trengove is probably not long off getting a break.

Looking to upgrade Hayden to a premium.

I can get anyone and am thinking of the following names gilbee, hargrave, enright, kelly, gilbert, harbrow.

Already have hodge, goddard and drummond.

I would say Martin. The only reasoning behind this is because Martin has just had a week off and would be alot fresher, while Trengove is probably not long off getting a break.

Based on this logic I think you mean Trengove??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back