Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Keefe vs Goodes?

Also why haven't I heard Daniel Rich's name mentioned once in DT this year?

Hmmm very tough choice!

I would probably go with Goodes. I feel he has the potential to pull bigger numbers than O'Keefe and if he plays in the CHF role that he played towards the end of last year, should see a rise in his average. However, that is the big question, will he play CHF or go back to the Midfield?

I guess the same can be said with O'Keefe. When moved into the midfield his numbers went up quite substantially! He accumulated alot more possi's and tackles, which boosted his ppg quite alot. Will he play this year in the Midfield or will he go back to his CHF role?

If Goodes starts CHF, i would go with him. Otherwise O'Keefe.

I got both in my team atm :D.

Shaw v Adcock?
Heath Shaw. Got a feeling that those who choose Adcock will regret it. I don't think Adcock will average any more than 75-80 this year, especially if he's playing most of the time in the backline. Brisbane have many running HBFs which will limit the ball coming to him. Brisbane will try and get it into Drummond's hands as much as possible, or run it out quickly with the likes of McGrath. I've got Shaw in my team.

J Brown or Pav

Both similiar price, (Pav 10k cheaper) both similiar players, both expecting big years.

I went for Pav expecting him to have a big one back in the forward line. Both very good options. Over the course i think pav will average 5-10 points more the Brown.

Rioli or LeCras?
Adcock or McPhee+$30,000?

Definately Pav. I can't see any improvement out of ROK and at his price you'd want elite. I am trying to make room for Pav but I can't fit him in atm.

How about this one:

(Swan, Morabito and Lake) or (Cooney, Palmer and Harbrow)

Honestly depends on the other players in your team. Option 1 if you're still short genuine captaincy options and you're looking to play it safe.

Option 2 is more risky, but will probably be more rewarding if it comes off. But you need Swan if you don't have a captain.

Rioli, have heard he could be getting more midfield time.

Cotchin v. Masten
I would not be going near either, but if I had to pick one, Masten. Still doubts over Cotchin, don't think he has had a full pre season again either, and Masten seemed to rack up more numbers towards the end of last year.

Definately Pav. I can't see any improvement out of ROK and at his price you'd want elite. I am trying to make room for Pav but I can't fit him in atm.

Do you know Okeefe averaged 122.2 between rounds 8 and 16 last year?

He is priced at an average of 95 and is VERY durable - Surely you cant say there isnt potential upside for him?

Thoughts?

Do you know Okeefe averaged 122.2 between rounds 8 and 16 last year?

He is priced at an average of 95 and is VERY durable - Surely you cant say there isnt potential upside for him?

Thoughts?
The only thing that has put me off O'Keefe is that his start to last year didn't exactly set the world alight. So would he be a better option to maybe upgrade a cash cow to later on? Depends on how he goes in the NAB I guess. Certainly got my eye on him after missing out on him at his low price last year before he exploded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats because he was required to play as a deep forward (basically only inside 50) initially during 2009, which was frustrating for him, and had him scoring at a level similar to previous years (80-85ish). With bradshaw, white and goodes, theres no way Okeefe will be spending time up forward unless it is to assist with breaking a tag.

ROK's slow start to last year was due to him having to play in the forward line because it was so injury depleted to start the year.

He had been earmarked to make a move to the midfield from early in the pre-season. And once the forwards returned that's where he played. And then the big scores came.
So assuming Sydney's forward line is all in order going into Round 1, I think he's got the ability to boost his average close to the hunj.

Edit: beat me to it Lakey.

O'Keefe should be a full time midfielder this year and I would expect him to start every week.

Roger Hayden vs Nick Malceski vs Sean Dempster vs Nick Suban

I think all four are at a fairly good price. I know the most about Malceski, who is apparently having his best preseason i na number of years and is hopefully back to his 2007 form. Hayden and Dempster only played 8 games last year, but I think they can be expected to play more this coming season. Suban will play close to 22 again for Fremantle, you would think?

Roger Hayden vs Nick Malceski vs Sean Dempster vs Nick Suban

I think all four are at a fairly good price. I know the most about Malceski, who is apparently having his best preseason i na number of years and is hopefully back to his 2007 form. Hayden and Dempster only played 8 games last year, but I think they can be expected to play more this coming season. Suban will play close to 22 again for Fremantle, you would think?

I'd be going with Suban. Having played all games last year, one would suspect, barring injury, that he would play close to 22 again. He also averaged about 13 more in the last third of last season. Perhaps a positional change? I'm not sure..
In order, i'd probably have Suban, Malceski (Priced Low), then Dempster and Hayden (Don't know much about them)

Luenberger+35k vs Hille??

Both coming off a year on the sideline I think Hille, who is a proven scorer in previous years is the better option. Positive reports coming out of the intra club game from the other night certainly help his cause also.

Wonaeamirri +100k vs Mayne.

Im not sure on who to pick out of BOYD, VINCE, SELWOOD, COONEY for my 3rd midfield player? Iv got Vince atm due to Adelaides Fixture which first 5 or 6 games seen as easier teams.

personally id want either vince or selwood

may i ask why it matters what adelaides fixtures are like though, arent you just trying to pick who you think will score the most throughout the season

in my opinion that will be selwood followed closely by boyd and vince
with cooney a little off their kind of scores

Apologies if this has already been asked but Wonamerri or Gumbleton? More importantly wonamerri where is he at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back