Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamstring tightness has kept swift out of our intraclub match and possibly the first round of nab but by the time the season proper rolls around we will know if his alright or not.

And yes masten did perform very well in the intraclub match but I would still go with swift. Last year masten racked up 38 possesions in a game and scored 101 dt points. Swift on the other hand played a 26 possesions game and scored 126 points.
I think Masten will still lift his scoring this year though as by reports he is over his groin problems well and truly, moving more freely than ever and so I would assume he is kicking more than handballing now? It is a pity we won't get to see Swift in the NAB.

because you didnt ask a question i geuss i will

polkinghorne vs dangerfield vs Ziebell pick 2

Id say Ziebell and danger, both shuld get ample run in their respective team and provide good value. Havent seen much of polkinghorne however ive heard more midfield time which shuld also see him increase his average. Id stick with the safe choices tho

Swan/(Suban,SSelwood) vs JSelwood/Ellis

ziebell for sure, but he is the pricey one of the lot

jolly vs sandi

bartel vs gibbs

brown vs sylvia
Definetley Sandilands because you know to expect 90+ most weeks, wheras with Jolly can tend to be in the 80-90 region. Gibbs over Bartel due to Carlton's high possession game, and I think Jimmy could be on the DT decline. Sylvia over Brown as he will be playing mostly midfield this year, but go Brown if you want more certainty that he will play every week.

Warren or Polkinghorne?
Warren is having a ripper preseason according to North supporters and has bulked up, while Polkinghorne is expected to play more of a midfield role this year. Both same price, so no problems in that regard.

Definetley Sandilands because you know to expect 90+ most weeks, wheras with Jolly can tend to be in the 80-90 region. Gibbs over Bartel due to Carlton's high possession game, and I think Jimmy could be on the DT decline. Sylvia over Brown as he will be playing mostly midfield this year, but go Brown if you want more certainty that he will play every week.

Warren or Polkinghorne?
Warren is having a ripper preseason according to North supporters and has bulked up, while Polkinghorne is expected to play more of a midfield role this year. Both same price, so no problems in that regard.

Hmm, no Judd over the first 3 games means Gibbs might get tagged. Any Carlton fan know which of Murphy/Gibbs/McLean will get the number 1 tag when Judd is out?

Hmm, no Judd over the first 3 games means Gibbs might get tagged. Any Carlton fan know which of Murphy/Gibbs/McLean will get the number 1 tag when Judd is out?

History shows Murphy is next for the tag. However some teams may choose to target gibbs instead. Mclean will be last in line. Murph has experience in beating the tags as he copped them all of his 2nd year in the league.

Scully VS Bastinac(or similar priced rookie except shuey) +60K

(Keeping in mind i have martin, trengove starting)

History shows Murphy is next for the tag. However some teams may choose to target gibbs instead. Mclean will be last in line. Murph has experience in beating the tags as he copped them all of his 2nd year in the league.

Scully VS Bastinac(or similar priced rookie except shuey) +60K

(Keeping in mind i have martin, trengove starting)

I'd go with Bastinac just because i don't see it worth spending 150k on the bench when theres options likely to get games for much less.

I hear ladson is injured so some alternates around his price

waters v broadbent v Raines v Greenwood. Or any other players you might suggest 230k>

because you didnt ask a question i geuss i will

polkinghorne vs dangerfield vs Ziebell pick 2

Judd Jiants
Have the same issue in deciding which of these 3 make the final squad. Ziebell has made way today from my squad for Polkinghorne, but mainly for the purpose of using the $50k difference elsewhere to bolster positions. Guess it'll be a matter of monitoring Polks performance during NAB games to determine if he's moving to a more permanent mid role.

I'd go with Bastinac just because i don't see it worth spending 150k on the bench when theres options likely to get games for much less.

I hear ladson is injured so some alternates around his price

waters v broadbent v Raines v Greenwood. Or any other players you might suggest 230k>

I would go with broadbent, and most certainly not raines.
Lot of upside to broadbent and relative minumum risk.

Masten VS A.Walker Vs Armitage??

I would go with broadbent, and most certainly not raines.
Lot of upside to broadbent and relative minumum risk.

Masten VS A.Walker Vs Armitage??

A Walker is way to injury prone to be considered, so he is out.
IMO i would pick Masten becuase he has a muich better chance of starting in the Eagles line-up then Armitage has in the Saints.

Tom Swift vs Callan Ward

A Walker is way to injury prone to be considered, so he is out.
IMO i would pick Masten becuase he has a muich better chance of starting in the Eagles line-up then Armitage has in the Saints.

Tom Swift vs Callan Ward

Callan ward for sure, goal kicking midfield. I don't get the raps on Swift, the guy debuted last year with 30 tonnes of strapping and wasn't impressive enough to warrant his price tag.

It is said Armitage will replace Ball - Walker's bad shoulder issue is done and dusted. does anyone else have an opinion upon walker v masten v armitage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Armitage over Masten for mine, but it'll depend on ... you know the rest. I don't think Walker is in the same ball park.

How about the combos of Geary & Gray v H.Shaw & Mayne.

Callan ward for sure, goal kicking midfield. I don't get the raps on Swift, the guy debuted last year with 30 tonnes of strapping and wasn't impressive enough to warrant his price tag.

It is said Armitage will replace Ball - Walker's bad shoulder issue is done and dusted. does anyone else have an opinion upon walker v masten v armitage

Masten is the better option of the three (I have him). Should increase in value and get steady game time. Walker is too injury prone and Armitage will be fighting for his position.

Fisher v Hodge

Masten is the better option of the three (I have him). Should increase in value and get steady game time. Walker is too injury prone and Armitage will be fighting for his position.

Fisher v Hodge
Armitage is in the best 22. Saints wil get an injury this year...god knows we didnt last year! armi is looocked

Fisher v Hodge

Hodge because I reakon Fisher will have to play more Defensively because there is no Hudgeton.

Kennelly + Masten + Didak + 37K

or

Sheppherd+ Cooney + SJ + 5K

Hodge because I reakon Fisher will have to play more Defensively because there is no Hudgeton.

Kennelly + Masten + Didak + 37K

or

Sheppherd+ Cooney + SJ + 5K

the 1st one, didak well avg about the same as SJ and didak is fully fit while SJ has had some work done on him. Masten is going to lift hes avg up this year. Kennelly for mine looks in the best shape ive even seen him.

montagna>selwood>j.corey>pendlebury>vince

the 1st one, didak well avg about the same as SJ and didak is fully fit while SJ has had some work done on him. Masten is going to lift hes avg up this year. Kennelly for mine looks in the best shape ive even seen him.

montagna>selwood>j.corey>pendlebury>vince

I took Selwood because he is in ripper shape and is at a good price. I also like Corey because he won't get tagged and I think he will be moved back to his midfield role. Montagna is a little overpriced imo.

Swan + Dangerfield or Prismall/Lewis/Cooney/Kornes + Gray

I took Selwood because he is in ripper shape and is at a good price. I also like Corey because he won't get tagged and I think he will be moved back to his midfield role. Montagna is a little overpriced imo.

Swan + Dangerfield or Prismall/Lewis/Cooney/Kornes + Gray

Think of it hypothetically on what everyone will average... Firstly I would be picking Kornes or Cooney out of those 4 you named

I would say Swan will average 115 and Dangerfield will average 70
I would then say Cooney or Kornes will average you 95-100 while Gray should average around 80-85

Swan + Dangerfield= 185
Cooney + Kornes= 175-185

Both are pretty similar. I would go Danger and Swan though because Swan offers you a captaincy option. Yes he is expensive but he is a very safe bet. Personally I'm not massive on Gray but that is just my opinion

Now my turn, Enright vs. Gram?

Also I think there should be a seperate thread dedicated to mid-priced midfielders because I have got the challenge of seperating Masten and Armitage. I am thinking of downgrading McLean to Armitage/Masten so I can fit both in but I really like the look of McLean to be honest :thumbsu:

I will ask this again as it seems to have been ignored due to BF meltdown yesterday.
Warren or Polkinghorne?

Now my turn, Enright vs. Gram?

Enright for me, hes just soo consistent and he is not overly expensive. Gram is a tad too inconsistent for me for his price.

What about Broadbent vs. S.Selwood vs. Kennelly? (pick 1)

and/or

Adcock vs. R.Shaw vs. S.Fisher vs. Carrazzo? (pick 1)

Enright for me, hes just soo consistent and he is not overly expensive. Gram is a tad too inconsistent for me for his price.

What about Broadbent vs. S.Selwood vs. Kennelly? (pick 1)

and/or

Adcock vs. R.Shaw vs. S.Fisher vs. Carrazzo? (pick 1)

I'll just go with the ones in my team, who both happen to be from the team I support!

I picked Rhyce Shaw because you know exactly what you are going to get. He has fantastic durability, will play the same rebounding role or play on a wing and will give you a consistent score week in week out. Carazzo and Adcock have both had issues with injury and role in the team and Sam Fisher, who knows where he will play? Whether that will be a rebounding defending role or a defensive kp role, so he is risky!

With the first one, I picked Kennelly because I know the most about his role and how he is travelling. Gray and Broadbent are two players who I have heard a lot of hype about but really haven't watched them closely enough to comment. I like the look of Scott Selwood if he can break into WC's 22 consistently.

My one is a ruck/midfield dilemma

Kreuzer + Masten
or
Mumford + McLean?

Leaning more towards the first :thumbsu:

Is there any merit to this?

Hudghton only played 7 games last year? And he still managed to score pretty well throughout the year? Also, he actually scored rubbish when Hudghton was in the side:

Round 11 - 94
Round 12 - 55
Round 13 - 53
Round 17 - 84
Round 18 - 52
Round 19 - DNP
Round 20 - 58

Average = 66 over the 6 games Hudghton played

Doesnt seem to reflect what you were saying, although it is a small sample size.

Can you elaborate a little on what your thoughts were H2G?

My one is a ruck/midfield dilemma

Kreuzer + Masten
or
Mumford + McLean?

Leaning more towards the first :thumbsu:

I'd go Kreuzer + Masten. Kreuzer should improve his average around 5-15 points just through natural improvement and is a keeper while Mumford is a bit of a unknown in what he will average. On the other hand Masten's current average (66.9) is quite low and you'd expect him to improve a fair bit. The Eagles are also expected to improve therefore it should add a bit to his score and he should reach about 80. There are concerns over his durabilty, but the same could be said with Mclean. Mclean while having a good preseason doesn't have that much scope for improvement. While he is in a better team, he won't get as much TOG as he was at Melbourne. Should increase his average but only by a few points.

Estimate:
Kreuzer (80-85) + Masten (80) = 160-165
Mumford (60-70) + Mclean (90) = 150-160

Tippet or Gray? (both same price, but Tippet dual eligibility)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back