Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swan + C.Knights VS A.Swallow + R.Murphy

Would really like a solid reply on this one. One has one keeper and the other has 2 keepers so less trades for one. However one side could end up being the perfect team while the other one may be the improving side that doesnt reach perfection.

Anyone??

Neither.

Swan + any rookie you don't already have. Then re-allocate funds elsewhere.

Swan and Knights easily for me.
Swan is a lock every week for captain, Swallow while at 21 (?) will be a gun but i think its a season to early, i still see north down the bottom of the ladder and with harvey ageing and past his best Swallow will get alot more attention. Not a fan of R Murphy at all in terms of DT, Knights possibly the bargain of 2011.

Bartel or Pendles? (assuming no Swan)

This one has been asked 3 or so times already but im more than happy for it to be continued to be asked. Obviousily alot of people considering one of these 2 if not both in there starting side and for people like me thinking of not picking Swan like maybe yourself has shown it becomes a really hard one.

Bartel avg 111 before he got injured and only 97.8 after injury (not including finals). He avg 105 for the entire season.

So you have to ask yourself why an elbow affected his scoring so ill do the work for you. So with a sore elbow you usually struggle to tackle. After the game he got injured he laid 0 tackles than next week and went onto avg only 3.75 tackles after injury (not including finals). Before that injured game he avg 5.15 tackles a game. So maybe his tackling is the reason why he lost some points from his 98 avg after the injury. 1.4 (number he decreased in tackles) x 4 (points worth for a tackle) show that he lost 5.6 points a week purely through tackling. The 3 season before that he has always avg 5 or more tackles a game. So he really shouldve avg 104 points over the back end of the season. No doubt that it also affected his role, possession winning ability, mental status before games and marking.

So i can see him pushing right back up there, having said this he will get increased attention. Sure i agree he is 3rd in line but still at the cattery thats attention you will get and after a dominant display the next week he will likely be the number 1 cat tagged, when Ablett was there that wasnt often if at all the case. So you need to ask yourself does the increased attention counteract his injured last half of the season??

Pendlebury is a safer bet and i feel you need to start with one gun magpie, so no Swan means Pendlebury is just about a lock in. His upside is huge, he doesnt get tagged often because of a few reasons and when he does he now has Ball, Thomas, Swan and Dids around to help. But the 2 reasons are Dids and Swan get the number 1 and 2 tag. Pendles tends not to get tagged mainly because teams seem to see him not impacting on the scoreboard and not having a penetrating kick that can hurt sides. Pendles also avg 114.25 over his last 16 games a substantial sample size.

Other factors to look at are how will there respective teams perform. I cant see the pies getting any worst, if not "the best are only getting better" (Hey Favourites). Geelong i think will finish around 5-6th but i can see them dropping as low as 7th. Both have equally as good durability, Bartel is maybe getting on a little bit due to an early peaking, but still young.

So all in all, its pretty much a toin coss. Im certainly struggling to decide myself, some of the info i may have given you may have helped decide or just made you think of things that you may not have thought of.

I would be going Pendles first but why not pick both. If Swan is picked it might lean a little more to Bartel again but i think ive talked myself into thinking Pendles is better after this post.

This was posted very fast, so may have a few errors and not proof read.

But people need to start answering questions properly and not just using 2 word answers because they cant be stuffed and what there own player vs player answered first.

Im soon going to stop adding such good post, because i dont get the respect from them and am feeding the masses.

This one has been asked 3 or so times already but im more than happy for it to be continued to be asked. Obviousily alot of people considering one of these 2 if not both in there starting side and for people like me thinking of not picking Swan like maybe yourself has shown it becomes a really hard one.

Bartel avg 111 before he got injured and only 97.8 after injury (not including finals). He avg 105 for the entire season.

So you have to ask yourself why an elbow affected his scoring so ill do the work for you. So with a sore elbow you usually struggle to tackle. After the game he got injured he laid 0 tackles than next week and went onto avg only 3.75 tackles after injury (not including finals). Before that injured game he avg 5.15 tackles a game. So maybe his tackling is the reason why he lost some points from his 98 avg after the injury. 1.4 (number he decreased in tackles) x 4 (points worth for a tackle) show that he lost 5.6 points a week purely through tackling. The 3 season before that he has always avg 5 or more tackles a game. So he really shouldve avg 104 points over the back end of the season. No doubt that it also affected his role, possession winning ability, mental status before games and marking.

So i can see him pushing right back up there, having said this he will get increased attention. Sure i agree he is 3rd in line but still at the cattery thats attention you will get and after a dominant display the next week he will likely be the number 1 cat tagged, when Ablett was there that wasnt often if at all the case. So you need to ask yourself does the increased attention counteract his injured last half of the season??

Pendlebury is a safer bet and i feel you need to start with one gun magpie, so no Swan means Pendlebury is just about a lock in. His upside is huge, he doesnt get tagged often because of a few reasons and when he does he now has Ball, Thomas, Swan and Dids around to help. But the 2 reasons are Dids and Swan get the number 1 and 2 tag. Pendles tends not to get tagged mainly because teams seem to see him not impacting on the scoreboard and not having a penetrating kick that can hurt sides. Pendles also avg 114.25 over his last 16 games a substantial sample size.

Other factors to look at are how will there respective teams perform. I cant see the pies getting any worst, if not "the best are only getting better" (Hey Favourites). Geelong i think will finish around 5-6th but i can see them dropping as low as 7th. Both have equally as good durability, Bartel is maybe getting on a little bit due to an early peaking, but still young.

So all in all, its pretty much a toin coss. Im certainly struggling to decide myself, some of the info i may have given you may have helped decide or just made you think of things that you may not have thought of.

I would be going Pendles first but why not pick both. If Swan is picked it might lean a little more to Bartel again but i think ive talked myself into thinking Pendles is better after this post.

This was posted very fast, so may have a few errors and not proof read.

But people need to start answering questions properly and not just using 2 word answers because they cant be stuffed and what there own player vs player answered first.

Im soon going to stop adding such good post, because i dont get the respect from them and am feeding the masses.

This is actually a good post and i'm annoyed because you have read my mind and somehow hacked my dream team. :cool:

Not into DT as much as SC, but was wondering who would be a good forward under or around $280 grand odd.
Looking at Robbie Gray, Lachie Hansen, Kurt Tippett or Michael Hurley. I already have 1 north and 1 adelaide player (Richardson, Callinan) so would prefer Hurley/Gray, but I think Hansen and Tippett have better scoring potential.
Also, am looking for dual positioning so Hurley/Tippett are also good in that aspect.

At the moment, my preference would be Tippett-Hurley-Gray-Hansen

Hansen showed good signs toward the end of last year and could be due for a breakout season. Although with Petrie back he won't be the no.1 target. Gray I don't trust injury-wise.

Hurley went backwards in his second season. Can he enjoy a really good third year? You have to ask yourself whether he'll play up forward or down back. I have a good feeling about him this year, but as a forward he can go missing. Tippett scored about 10ppg less last season compared to 2009, so he has good upside. He's a yo-yo, so be prepared for the ride.

Tippett is probably the best pick, with Hurley next cab off the rank.

I have a couple I'm wrestling with, and couple use some advice:

A Swallow + $102K vs D Swan

and

Cotchin +$143K vs Hayes / Selwood / Bartel / Hodge

(Current Midfield stands at: Goddard, Chapman, Pendlebury, Swallow, Cotchin, Swallow, Weller, Blease, Jacobs)

Obviously I can only choose between one of these, and I'm leaning towards option 1. However, I do believe that Swallow and Cotchin could be bargain buys this year, whereas Swan may be able to be picked up later at a reduced price

I have a couple I'm wrestling with, and couple use some advice:

A Swallow + $102K vs D Swan

and

Cotchin +$143K vs Hayes / Selwood / Bartel / Hodge

(Current Midfield stands at: Goddard, Chapman, Pendlebury, Swallow, Cotchin, Swallow, Weller, Blease, Jacobs)

Obviously I can only choose between one of these, and I'm leaning towards option 1. However, I do believe that Swallow and Cotchin could be bargain buys this year, whereas Swan may be able to be picked up later at a reduced price

The first one depends if you're confident you have the captain situation under control. If you think you have enough options in Chapman, Goddard, Pendles and Swallow then go with Swallow and take the cash. If not, then Swans security is invaluable and you must get him.

The second one; I personaly wouldn't pick Cotchin when there's tonnes of rookie and premium. Find the extra money to get someone like Selwood or downgrade to Harris or someone.

Pavlich v Goodes v Harvey v Sylvia v Brennan

The first one depends if you're confident you have the captain situation under control. If you think you have enough options in Chapman, Goddard, Pendles and Swallow then go with Swallow and take the cash. If not, then Swans security is invaluable and you must get him.

The second one; I personaly wouldn't pick Cotchin when there's tonnes of rookie and premium. Find the extra money to get someone like Selwood or downgrade to Harris or someone.

I have the same dilemma and have gone with Sylvia although I'm still thinking about Pav.

Pav has completed most of the preseason something he hasnt done for years. With Morabito and Hasleby out I can see him returning to not a starting mid fielder but more of a lead up CHF with Jack Anthony as the FF. This could do wonders for his points. As someone posted previously though, Pav moving into a starting mid position = a decrease in DT points.

Goodes is getting on and has always been a slow starter. Has been said a bit previously that with the Swans mids looking good, he could move into that deep forward position. If he moves into a lead up CHF it could be good for his DT points but he struggled in the position early last year. Maybe a later upgrade target.

Harvey, getting on and as with Swans, Kangaroos mids looking good. Could see him move into a HF role.

Sylvia. If the Dees are to improve Sylvia will be the reason. Has done a full pre season and I think this year is the injury free year. Another pre seaosn into scully and trengove will also help.

Brennan - WIll be playing as a deep forward for GC IMO. Steer Clear.

Pendles + $???? v Swan

I have the extra money in the kitty to upgrade Cotchin to one of the options above, which is the point. I just feel that he should come more into his own this year and really prove to be a handy mid-pricer. Just not 100% convinced. Of the options, I guess I like Bartel the best, but I'll already be missing several players in round 6 (Geel, Haw, Freo) which is why I'm a little apprehensive.

As for your dilemna, I've gone for Slyvia because it fits my team balance a little better, but my favorite player of that lot is Pavlich for his consistency. Depends what the rest of your forward line looks like / what DP options you have to midfield.

Goodes I've always seen as a good mid-season upgrade target, Brennan I'd be staying away from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bartel. Before interchange numbers went through the roof, he was the highest averaging player.

It must be said, that statistic doesnt really hold up.

Bartel was playing in comfortable the best midfield at the time and for the easily best side in the comp. He also had G.Ablett, Ling there aswell. He was also at his peak age during this time.

All of the above have changed and interchange numbers will still be very/quite high next year.

It must be said, that statistic doesnt really hold up.

Bartel was playing in comfortable the best midfield at the time and for the easily best side in the comp. He also had G.Ablett, Ling there aswell. He was also at his peak age during this time.

All of the above have changed and interchange numbers will still be very/quite high next year.

Not saying he will score like in '07. Ling's a negating mid, Selwood & Varcoe were rookies. Selwood will probably receive #1 tag and Murphy has had interrupted pre-season so probably still Bartel

Not saying he will score like in '07. Ling's a negating mid, Selwood & Varcoe were rookies. Selwood will probably receive #1 tag and Murphy has had interrupted pre-season so probably still Bartel

Is this true, im pretty sure Murphy is going along quite nicely.

Hi guys I am really stuck on this one. Not sure which way to go and I would love some advice. Thanks.

Callum Wilson + Alan Didak + 43k

vs

Jed Adcock + Matthew Pavlich + 31k

Hi guys I am really stuck on this one. Not sure which way to go and I would love some advice. Thanks.

Callum Wilson + Alan Didak + 43k

vs

Jed Adcock + Matthew Pavlich + 31k

I don't really like Didak or Pavlich as a forward option, I think there are much better picks around their price range. I like the look of Wilson (may just be because he kicked 4 goals against us) but I think he should make that FF position his own this year, unfortunately he plays for WCE who, while I see them improving its nothing too drastic i.e. the ball won't be in the forwardline as much as in other teams. Almost always; if you play in a top team you score better also being a FF means your scores are incredibly inconsistent which can be really frustrating as a DT coach.

I think most have Adcock as the potential is huge coming off injuries and is a possibility to be oved back into the midfield means he could become a keeper.

So I would go option 2 but with a different forward to Pav.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back