Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go Anthony - poised for a big year and at mid 300s will be a great pick up

-------------

Cox or Jolly

Want to link my Forwards and defenders. Have picked Gilbert but the next 2 best DP Fwd/Def are - a) Heath Grundy or b) Robert Murphy

Can't decide, any ideas?

And you a Weagles supporter, shame shame. Callum Wilson played 3 very good games for Weagles last year (ave 76) and looks likely to be a permanent. He is F/B and only $220,000 - should be a great cash earner too if not a keeper.

Cox or Jolly

This is a good one. You could go either way, but Cox for me. He's had a great preseason and is running like he used to which is a fantastic sign compared to last year when he battled through injury but still managed 22 games. He's an an out and out proven DT ruck legend and his fitness and running ability is like a barometer for his DT scoring, and his current running form and fitness is at the best he's been at in a few years. Despite last years injury, he still managed to score well and average almost 5 ppg higher than Jolly.

Don't get me wrong Jolly is still a fantastic and reliable choice for a second ruck (I presume most people have Sandi as number 1) and if your a bit cash strapped then you might go Jolly over Cox to save a bit of dough. But either way you should be right. Cox for me though.

I apologise if this has been done already but here's mine...
K. Jack vs. L. Anthony

This is a good one. You could go either way, but Cox for me. He's had a great preseason and is running like he used to which is a fantastic sign compared to last year when he battled through injury but still managed 22 games. He's an an out and out proven DT ruck legend and his fitness and running ability is like a barometer for his DT scoring, and his current running form and fitness is at the best he's been at in a few years. Despite last years injury, he still managed to score well and average almost 5 ppg higher than Jolly.

Don't get me wrong Jolly is still a fantastic and reliable choice for a second ruck (I presume most people have Sandi as number 1) and if your a bit cash strapped then you might go Jolly over Cox to save a bit of dough. But either way you should be right. Cox for me though.

Cox would be one of my most respected players in the game - with the pre-season he's having I hope he (not the team lol) has a great year. I have Sandilands and Jolly (atm, may swap Jolly to Cox just before rd1), and Smith/Fraser. Ruck is one area I don't want to use trades on, other than a downgrade of Fraser once he cashs up and I see Smith has js (maybe R8).

Cox would be one of my most respected players in the game - with the pre-season he's having I hope he (not the team lol) has a great year. I have Sandilands and Jolly (atm, may swap Jolly to Cox just before rd1), and Smith/Fraser. Ruck is one area I don't want to use trades on, other than a downgrade of Fraser once he cashs up and I see Smith has js (maybe R8).

hahahaha at the bold bit ^ I do enjoy the freo-wce banter:p

Yeah, I had Sandi and Jolly, now its Sandi and Cox atm. Ideally, rucks should be lock and leave. Agree with Smith, he will probably be in everybody's team as a bench ruck.

Jolly v Cox
It's a very big one for me but personally I think I have come to a decision...
Dean Cox
A stated by the man himself he reckons he is having a brilliant PS, great news for Dt. He is one who has been our lock n forget superstar for many reasons, and a captain option when the scoring was not as high as it is now, but the question is can he replicate or even get near it? And are his injury worries behind him? I personally like to have a positive outlook on all players who are coming back from major injuries as I rate value over durability, nearly all the time. It's very much a risk v reward, so people will have differing views of course :). Now what must be realised with Cox is the following;
Nic Nat will get more time in the ruck than last year, no matter what. WCE aren't going to win a PM in the foreseeable and therefore they will be looking to fast track there youngsters, and of course NicNat is no ordinary sheep.
Will he play that free roaming role like he did in his hayday or will he become more team orientated?
Finally, his resting position. This is the major key to Cox in 2011 for mine. If he is resting up forward as I would predict he will have minimal impact for the 50% of the game he isn't rucking. Why I say minimal is the fact that when I have seen him first hand (and on TV of course), if there is one thing missing from his game is that contested marking. When he plays in the forward line he will not be roaming and therefore will have to take some contested marks to make his scoring whilst not in the ruck, appreciable. I predict an average of around 90 give or take a couple of points... Now onto the other half of the predicament
Darren Jolly
The collingwood ruck is another set and forget ruck. He has remarkable durability, and will again be helping the Pies towards a premiership fight. The major difference between the two is that Jolly is the only ruck and will not be losing time at any stage in the season. Now the points on Jolly;
Averaged 93 during the second half of the season, after he worked his way into the season.
When he is resting he is a more than competent resting forward who can take a contested mark. Also Collingwood being a better side than the Eagles, expect there to be many more chances for the likes of Jolly to take a contested mark.
Just to reiterate on his durability, he has not missed a game in the last 5 seasons and only 2 in the last 6. Is there anyone better? Predicted average 90-95

Final verdict
Positives on both sides of the table. Cox has the past scoring of being a premium premium which holds him in good stead. Of course Jolly can never say he's been near the numbers that Cox has acheived, but he seems to be on the improve going from 60, 69, 74, 86 and then of course a 93 2nd half. Personally I reckon Jolly just because I can see him averaging the same, if not more than Cox, he has better durability and I think he could be a tad unique. Anyway just my two cents. Will post this on the rucks thread to hopefully spark some discussion.

Gysberts v A. Krakouer v Vespremi v Houli

and

Everitt v Hurley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gysberts v A. Krakouer v Vespremi v Houli

and

Everitt v Hurley

Krakouer

and hurley

------------------------------------------

Grimes+ Carrazzo (in midfield)

or

downgrade grimes to adcock + swallow/stanton/murphy/mitchell

Krakouer

and hurley

------------------------------------------

Grimes+ Carrazzo (in midfield)

or

downgrade grimes to adcock + swallow/stanton/murphy/mitchell

I'd go with adcock and Murphy. Very good midfielder for a team that will be looking to go past week one in September. averaged 95+ the last 3 years and still looking to improve as Carlton move up the ladder. I'll predict a avg of 105-115 this year.

Knights vs Higgins

I'd go with adcock and Murphy. Very good midfielder for a team that will be looking to go past week one in September. averaged 95+ the last 3 years and still looking to improve as Carlton move up the ladder. I'll predict a avg of 105-115 this year.

Even with gibbs in my team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with gibbs in my team?

Yeh why not. So long as you don't have them both playing in the midfield, and you could cover his bye's in Rnds 8, 23. By round 23 if your in finals just trade him out for someone like swan if u cashed up. Really should take advantage of Gibbs DP and put him in the Back-line.

Yeh why not. So long as you don't have them both playing in the midfield, and you could cover his bye's in Rnds 8, 23. By round 23 if your in finals just trade him out for someone like swan if u cashed up. Really should take advantage of Gibbs DP and put him in the Back-line.

If you don't have Swan before round 23 you'll probably be in a fair bit of trouble.

Need two of Scully / Redden / Palmer / Cotchin / Rich / Morton / Ziebell for my team. Which 2 will score the most?

Throw two darts and there is your answer. Id probably go with Cotchin and & Morton.

M.Murphy + C.Ward + P.Faulks

or

Montagna + Gaff/Conca + Heppell

Throw two darts and there is your answer. Id probably go with Cotchin and & Morton.

In 3 years Cotchin's best average score is 74. In Scully's only year he averaged 79. Scully was top age when drafted and turns 20 in May. He's the fittest at the club. He's been told he'll play more in the middle in 2011. Many won't pick him because he's a second year player, but I believe he'll defy that trend. I've actually taken Scully out of my team as I see more value elsewhere, but I think about having him as my 5th mid often.

Cotchin may score more than Scully, but I wouldn't bet on it.

M.Murphy + C.Ward + P.Faulks

or

Montagna + Gaff/Conca + Heppell

To be perfectly honest i don't know too much about Ward's DT potential this year, however looking at that my first instinct is option 2.

Option 1 only has Faulks not guarnateed best 21, whereas option 2 has both Gaff and Heppell on the cusp of selection.

I'd watch the pre-season and if Gaff/Heppell are certain starters then i'd take option 2, if not then you have to go option 1.

Option 2 - more upside, more risk

Mine is: Liam Anthony + David Swallow OR Brent Stanton + Sam Iles/Mav Wellar

To be perfectly honest i don't know too much about Ward's DT potential this year, however looking at that my first instinct is option 2.

Option 1 only has Faulks not guarnateed best 21, whereas option 2 has both Gaff and Heppell on the cusp of selection.

I'd watch the pre-season and if Gaff/Heppell are certain starters then i'd take option 2, if not then you have to go option 1.

Option 2 - more upside, more risk

Mine is: Liam Anthony + David Swallow OR Brent Stanton + Sam Iles/Mav Wellar

I would go Swallow and Anthony

I would go Swallow and Anthony

I would predict averages to be:

Stanton - 105
Anthony - 95
Swallow - 75
Iles/Wellar - 55

Anthony/Swallow - 170
Stanton/Iles - 160

But Stanton is super durable, Anthony not so. Stanton has late byes...

I guess i'll see how Iles/Wellar goes in the pre-season as that will be the deciding factor..

I'm taking a bit of a punt on one of Leroy Jetta(ESS) or David Zaharakis(ESS).

Anyone have anything constructive to say about the pros and cons of each?

I've read that Zaharakis will spend some time in the middle this year.

:footy:

I'm taking a bit of a punt on one of Leroy Jetta(ESS) or David Zaharakis(ESS).

Anyone have anything constructive to say about the pros and cons of each?

I've read that Zaharakis will spend some time in the middle this year.

:footy:

IMO both a worth the punt, i would slightly lean towards Jetta. Both will be unique and both could be keepers.

Ive heard Zaha is carrying an injury ATM, something to do with groins. I have no source just what ive heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back