Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Masten will be pushing 80 this year. Has looked good in the preseason so far and if his injury worries are behind him, I would think he will improve 20+ points this season. At his price, you could do a lot worse.

Melksham is probably better value ie. consistent.

Simple one, but here goes:
Steve Johnson Vs Goodes
Some pros/cons for each would be good to look at.

My concern with Goodes is that he might go back to a more forward line role and spend less time than late last year in the Mids.

Johnson could have some upside if he features more in the Cats midfield, but then again doesn't handle a tag or close attention too well which he may get even more of now gazza is gone.

Thoughts?

Adcock will score more than Suban.

Goodes over Johnson, cheaper (I think) and similar scores. Goodes is DPP as well. but Goodes starts slow and probably won't see as much midfield time now as he gets older. I wouldn't start with either.

one I didn't get answered last time: Liam Anthony vs. Kieran Jack

Simple one, but here goes:
Steve Johnson Vs Goodes
Some pros/cons for each would be good to look at.

My concern with Goodes is that he might go back to a more forward line role and spend less time than late last year in the Mids.

Johnson could have some upside if he features more in the Cats midfield, but then again doesn't handle a tag or close attention too well which he may get even more of now gazza is gone.

Thoughts?
Tough one, have gone Johnson myself hoping he can spend a bit more time up the ground and i cant see him getting that much more attention as the cats still have the chappys bartels and selwoods to worry about. Also I have no other Geelong players so wouldnt feel right with none. What about Swan and Rioli vs Pendlebury and Franklin? Am i crazy for thinking of ditching Swan?

Gia vs Higgins?

If Gia were ever to make a permanent move to the midfield, I think he would be #2 FWD scorer after Chappy. Absolutely smashed out the scores when he actually played in the middle last year.

Pity those matches were coupled with a lot of mediocre scores when playing predominantly forward.

Liam Anthony. Isn't Jack earmarked for a tagger role?

Probably done before but Atley vs. Gaff vs. Polec vs. Conca.

I would take Polec, then Conca, and ignore Atley and Gaff.

Gaff imo just doesn't look ready yet. Worsfold doesn't play draftees round 1 generally, and I think Gaff is a fair chance to get the sub role. Polec should play plenty and see enough of the ball to get a decent score. Brisbane suck after all.

If Gia were ever to make a permanent move to the midfield, I think he would be #2 FWD scorer after Chappy. Absolutely smashed out the scores when he actually played in the middle last year.

Pity those matches were coupled with a lot of mediocre scores when playing predominantly forward.

Round 5-6: 125 154 142
Round 10-11, 16, 21: 60 51 64 35

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.gif

Gia annoyed me so much last year I'm not taking him on principle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 5-6: 125 154 142
Round 10-11, 16, 21: 60 51 64 35

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.gif

Gia annoyed me so much last year I'm not taking him on principle.

I completely agree. Had him from the start as well.

But if I heard he was making a permanent move to the midfield, he would be the first forward I'd pick.

Foley vs Swallow (GC of course!)?

This one is doing my head in, Foley doesn't have a bye until god knows when, has a discount and would allow me to upgrade to Gary Ablett without having to cop a bye from the midfield (if everything goes smoothly!) but I really don't want to miss out on Swallow if he does indeed have a massive year.

Thoughts please, FYI if I go with Swallow one of Hibberd/Savage will be filling in.

I would be looking to avoid both at this stage but I would go Goodes.

Cotchin/Kennedy + Ryder + Knights

or

Anthony + Sandilands + Prestia

Thoughts?

Kennedy and Anthony are =/=, Sandilands won't score significantly more than Ryder to hurt your team league-wise. Knights is more expensive than Prestia and has injury clouds but should score more and has better job security.

Foley vs Swallow (GC of course!)?

This one is doing my head in, Foley doesn't have a bye until god knows when, has a discount and would allow me to upgrade to Gary Ablett without having to cop a bye from the midfield (if everything goes smoothly!) but I really don't want to miss out on Swallow if he does indeed have a massive year.

Thoughts please, FYI if I go with Swallow one of Hibberd will be filling in.

Swallow.

cheaper, won't be significantly lower scoring wise and probably similar scoring ceiling. use the price difference elsewhere. :thumbsu:

Adcock vs. Grundy vs. Gwilt vs. R. Shaw

Tossing up a few options.

Adcock (5th def), Sewell (4th mid), J.Kennedy (5th mid)

or

Sheppard (5th def), Pavlich (4th mid), S.Selwood (5th mid)

??

Option 2 for me, I can see Gwilt being a high ball winner this year and I think Rhyce would outscore Grundy over the course of a season. That was to DB10

browncow -I'd go Option 2 as well, I think Scott Selwood can definitely push on to averaging 80s this year

Couple of dilemmas for me

Sandilands + Petrie + Scully with 60K in the bank

vs

Cox + Mumford + Cotchin with 14K in the bank

Must be said that I have no great cover in the rucks

Sloane v Ward v B.Martin is my biggest problem right now, all would be wonderful pickups, i'm considering selecting two as my 4th and 5th midfielders, but that would mean axing L.Anthony...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back