Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knights OR Gamble + $64k?

Knights, injury is a risk but is capable of big scores, could be the Beau Waters of 2011, I don't see Gamble consistently getting games and performing well at St Kilda. It could depend on what you can do with the remaing 64k though?

Sylvia (2nd Forward) + Harris (bench)

or

Boak (5th Mid) + McKernan (bench)

Higgins or ROK?

i think higgins has alot more upside than rok, plus a bit extra cash left over, as long as he fits in with that early bye week with saints...

s.johnson vs goodes?? easier to cover with goodes, but stevey j good do really well this yr...

Goodes notoriously slow starter and is ageing, likely to get less midfield time as he gets older. Johnson can have huge games with big scores, but Geelong has one of the late byes ... I'd go Johnson to start with, but keep a trade to trade him out later on possibly.

Kennedy (SYD) vs. Sloane vs. Ward + cash

Rioli vs Pavlich?? Help

Rioli - Cheaper than pav but plays one less game with the bye

Pav - More expensive but has no bye effectively

In my midfield I currently have 3 premiums, 2 mid priced picks and 4 rookies.

What's my best option:

3 premiums, Palmer (FRE), Cotchin (RIC) & 4 rookies

3 premiums, Kennedy (SYD), Sloane (ADE) & 4 rookies

4 premiums & 5 rookies

or rethink my whole strategy????

In my midfield I currently have 3 premiums, 2 mid priced picks and 4 rookies.

What's my best option:

3 premiums, Palmer (FRE), Cotchin (RIC) & 4 rookies

3 premiums, Kennedy (SYD), Sloane (ADE) & 4 rookies

4 premiums & 5 rookies

or rethink my whole strategy????

Or dont use a strategy at all and pick the best available players within your salary cap?

Disclaimer: You should always have some sort of strategy esp. with byes and DPP, im simply making a point to choose players over strategy...

Assuming Lower is promoted from rookie list, Otten v one of Lower, duigan, toy, puopolo for 7th back?
Otten has good JS but I imagine duigan and Lower would as well. Is he worth the extra $$?
Trying to look at it from a non-crows fan perspective.

What role has Lower been playing?? small defensive, i dont think his JS is that great at fremantle they have a very strong team with everyone playing. A small back role similar to Hayden may mean his JS is okay.

Otten, Heppell, Duigan, Puopolo, Batchelor, Lower, Toy, Stanley, Coad and Watson, Pederson, Hutchins, Mckernan to a degree (stop it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Otten is going along very solidly. Hes best 21 if fit for sure and hes avg 56 which is quite good in NAB. He will only get better coming off a season with a knee problem.

Nick Lower vs Paul Puopolo

Jimmy Bartel vs Brent Stanton

Don't think Lower has great Job security. There are better options and Puopolo is one choice.

Bartel and Stanton both have very late byes (obviously Stants in 22) I would go Bartel. Such a proven performer for so long.

One for me.

Goddard and rookie back (duigon, puopolo)

v

Mackie and Sheppard.

Goddard just such a gun but I think Mackie will thrive under the new coach.

Only thing that has me off Goddard is I also have Sam Fisher and I really like Fisher at his price. If I didn't go Goddard I would look to trade him in at some stage after the multi round bye

Goddard and the rookie, but I don't think you can have two Saints in the same position assuming you also have Boyd, Montagna and Riewoldt. that would wreck your overall ranking IMO.

Adcock vs. Sheppard

Cheers - Do you reckon Rioli has more upside though with his first full pre season; Pav is getting on too

Yeah I know what you're getting at, but Rioli will need to kick 60 goals this season to get a respectable score, where as Pav runs the inside midfield hard and gets a lot of cheap 1-2s - not to mention kicking 50+.

If you think Rioli will spend more time on the wings and less time in the deep pockets, then he's worth a roll otherwise it's 100% Pav for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back