Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could go either out of Pendlebury and Montagna, but remember Pendlebury will have to improve his average by 10 points to get to 115 per game. I would definitely take Broughton over Enright though, think he can average 95+ this year.

Yes but you also need to understand that your paying 25k to get Montagna over Pendlebury. That money can be used elsewhere to find another value pick. Pendlebury is only 6 points behind Montagna in price. This game is about value.

Sylvia, Ryder, Montagna, Bewick (Sticking to my 16 keeper gun/rookie approach)

Vs

Knights, Sandi, Swan (making Swan and Pendles both in the mids), D.Swallow.

I currently have 16 keepers I'm relatively confident will be at least top 10 in their position (Higgins the only real question mark) but I feel like missing out on Knights would be a mistake and that the gap between Ryder and Sandi will be huge.

This, looks stronger on paper. Higgins is set for a big year.

--------

Conca + $115k cash spare
or,
Foley + $20k cash spare

This is for my 5th midfield spot.

Hard to say because they're gonna fill quite different roles - do you want a midpricer who's an injury risk but pretty much guaranteed games and reasonable scores or a bit more of a gamble on a rookie who may make more money but is a bit of an unknown?
For me, unless you had somewhere else you were gonna spend the cash, I'd go Foley.

A. Otten + A Goodes
v s
J. Grimes + C. Knights

Gday. Ive got 1 final quandery I hope but doubt anyone could say 100%.
apart from having to put M. Nickoski (WCE) in my team I believe ive got a strong side, but my quandery is still, and ive made 1 swap already but still undecided and could swap back;

Buddy and Higgins

OR

Cyril and S. Johnson

currently going for option 2, but only as I cant justify both hawk guns in the FL, esp as non DPP.

as I say its no no brainer!:confused:

1st year in DT- but hopeful for a top 3000 at least with luck.

another question; the money left over after team picked, can you use this money for trades/swapping or do you forfeit unused money?

Hard to say because they're gonna fill quite different roles - do you want a midpricer who's an injury risk but pretty much guaranteed games and reasonable scores or a bit more of a gamble on a rookie who may make more money but is a bit of an unknown?
For me, unless you had somewhere else you were gonna spend the cash, I'd go Foley.

A. Otten + A Goodes
v s
J. Grimes + C. Knights

Option 1 is safer due to both Knights and Grimes recent run with injury, but if they stay on the park, Grimes and Goodes on par with Knights having the ability to out score Otten. I would go option 2.

id go with option 2

cant see swallow killing it this year..

Selwood + Bewick

vs

Bartel + Heppel

This one is driving me insane..

Im inclined to go with selwood because i think he will top bartel this year..just not sure!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:eek::eek::eek::(:(:(

I would go Bartel n Heppel. Jimmy B should still ave more than Selly I think but mainly due to Heppel DPP, although everyone will have Jimmy n Heppel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan Bewich is 184 cm and 76 kg. Is he really going to get a game? He will be pummelled

shuey or fyfe?
Tough one. Both have similar price. Both solid pre season form. Possibly lean towards Fyfe, in a better team and with DPP?? Sheuy could have a cracking year after his setbacks last year though!

Thoughts on:

Sylvia + Atley

Vs

Goodes + Prestia?

And even Toy vs Stanley?

Cheers

Tough one. Both have similar price. Both solid pre season form. Possibly lean towards Fyfe, in a better team and with DPP?? Sheuy could have a cracking year after his setbacks last year though!

Thoughts on:

Sylvia + Atley

Vs

Goodes + Prestia?

And even Toy vs Stanley?

Cheers
i dont think you can go wrong with eithier option but personally i would choose sylvia and atley only cause they will spend more time in midfield.
and Stanley is a much safer option.

Conca V berwick + 45k
what averages are we looking at for both and likelihood of playing 22games? :S.......

L.Anthony + S.Johnson

OR

J.Selwood + Knights + 90k

Thoughts??

I would personally go option 2 as I'm not so sure about Liam Anthony but thinking about it, Option 1 has the potential the potential to average more. They are pretty even but I would go option one purely because they will be more consistent and it allows you an extra 90k.

Just a question for everyone, is anyone else starting to think that there might be better rookie options than Swallow at his price, for all that he has been talked up as being a superstar performer in the pre-season he has only averaged 46, from memory he only scored 100+ in one game last year in the VFL. I think he may be better suited to super coach, I believe his scores for supercoach were much better in the VFL last year than dreamteam . Gold Coast are going to get pumped more often than not this year and I'm starting to think that as good as he may become in the future, there are better starting rookie options this year.

I would personally go option 2 as I'm not so sure about Liam Anthony but thinking about it, Option 1 has the potential the potential to average more. They are pretty even but I would go option one purely because they will be more consistent and it allows you an extra 90k.

Just a question for everyone, is anyone else starting to think that there might be better rookie options than Swallow at his price, for all that he has been talked up as being a superstar performer in the pre-season he has only averaged 46, from memory he only scored 100+ in one game last year in the VFL. I think he may be better suited to super coach, I believe his scores for supercoach were much better in the VFL last year than dreamteam . Gold Coast are going to get pumped more often than not this year and I'm starting to think that as good as he may become in the future, there are better starting rookie options this year.

Better starting rookie options? like who? I wouldn't think there is tbh. All the rookies in the mids have question marks IMO. Swallow is one of the only guaranteed rookies to play the majority of the season. I do however see your point that he won't score as big as everyones pumping him up but i will be picking him as i like his JS. Harris would be the best option this year in terms of point scoring ability and starting price but a majority of people are starting both on the field.

Fully agree on Swallow and I've actually booted him from my side.

Daniel Harris will be my starting rookie in the midfield, along with Andrew Krakouer and with Swallow being very awkwardly priced at $160k, I've opted for the cheaper Prestia, Hibberd and an undecided rookie for my bench rooks.

Swallow hasn't been in Gold Coasts best players in the pre-season.

I guess that means that Andrew Krakouer won't be getting a game.

Bewick is 21 and played senior footy in the WAFL last year, so he should be fine.

Krakouer is 176 cm and 78 km. Not the best comparison. Bewick is a very slight build. If he is to play in the middle it would be like Jarrad Grant going up against Hodge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back