Player X or Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Mitchell and Yarran. I don't reckon Fyfe has the capacity for big scores, there are better players at his price.

Igloo Coad is gonna get limited game time with all the expirence in the GC backline so go option 2 mate!

Yarran, Knights, Petrie (Richo)
OR
Higgins, Knights, Richo (Tapscott)

thx fellas!!!

Probably option two. As much as Yarran could really pay off this year i think it's to risky to rely on his role change to score for you. Might not be there for long.

^^
I'm feeling Pendlebury will be the highest scoring player in DT this year. But that is my one call for the year in DT. I'd definately choose him over Cooney+70k.

Jamar+7K vs. Goldstein?
(Cox my first ruck)

^^
I'm feeling Pendlebury will be the highest scoring player in DT this year. But that is my one call for the year in DT. I'd definately choose him over Cooney+70k.

Jamar+7K vs. Goldstein?
(Cox my first ruck)

Goldstein, Jamar is not going to get any better then he did last year and Goldstein is on the way up.

Sylvia or Broughton?

for which spot? Broughts for 4th/5th back or Sylvia for 3rd/4th forward?

for which spot? Broughts for 4th/5th back or Sylvia for 3rd/4th forward?

Ok my main dilemma has come down to 3 blokes, I can only fit 2 of Boak, Broughton and Sylvia in.

I have a backline of, Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Heppell, Toy, Duigan, Lower and Batchelor with the last spot either going to Broughton or Puopolo.

Midfield consisting of, Swan, Boyd, Selwood, Murphy, Swallow, Prestia, Hibberd, Curnow with the final spot either going to Boak or Conca.

Starting forward line is, Franklin, Riewoldt, Rioli, Higgins, Krakouer, Matera, Richardson, Tapscott, Darling with the last spot going to either Sylvia or Mckernan.

So I guess you could say:

Option 1:

Broughton + Boak + Mckernan

Option 2:

Broughton + Conca + Sylvia

Option 3:

Puopolo + Boak + Sylvia

Taking into account the players I have already selected which option do you believe is the best?

option 2 aaaaaaall day. Boak in midfield with all those guys is excessive. although by the looks of things your rucks are going to be on the cheap side?

option 2 aaaaaaall day. Boak in midfield with all those guys is excessive. although by the looks of things your rucks are going to be on the cheap side?

Ryder and Cox, just don't think that Sandilands is going to score any better this year and I see Ryder averaging 90+, prefer Sandilands for the supercoach.

I agree that option 2 is the safest and most well balanced option, but I'm super keen on having Boak this year, think he will average close to 105 which will be greater than either Sylvia (100) or Broughton (95). It is probably the option I will end up going with, although I'm tempted to go with either option 1 or 3.

I just think the likes of Lower, Toy and Duigan, Richardson, Matera and Darling are going to be able to cover and score as well as Conca and co, and with Boak scoring more than the other 2 it means more points overall. Possibly putting too much faith in the rookies but I see that Lower has been upgraded so maybe option 3 could pay off?

Any suggestions for changes to the rest of my team?

Note: I will have to downgrade Curnow to Irons and Tapscott to a 92k option to allow me to have option 2, or I could just have Atley or someone like that instead of Conca.

none really, looks like a very solid team all around. the only issue is you have Ryder, Selwood, Gibbs and Murphy all missing in the finals.

N. Krakouer or E. Wood as my cheapo backman whom I will be expecting vast improvement from?

Taking into account the players I have already selected which option do you believe is the best?

Maybe Murphy to Boak? Murphy will be missing for league preliminary finals while Boak's first bye isn't until R12. You can get a good look at Boak to see whether he will be a keeper, and if he's not you can upgrade him to a better midfielder. Then you have Conca, Broughton and Sylvia, and may not have to downgrade Tapscott and such as the Murphy -> Boak will give you some more $$$. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Murphy to Boak? Murphy will be missing for league preliminary finals while Boak's first bye isn't until R12. You can get a good look at Boak to see whether he will be a keeper, and if he's not you can upgrade him to a better midfielder. Then you have Conca, Broughton and Sylvia, and may not have to downgrade Tapscott and such as the Murphy -> Boak will give you some more $$$. :)

Yeah I was originally tossing up between Boak and Murphy for the 4th midfield spot but decided I wanted both, I reckon Murphy is another who might go up another notch this year, can see him avearging close to 110. It is very difficult to settle on a team at the moment. In regards to having byes in finals time, this year I see myself as having more of a focus on overall score rather than league, won my leagues in the past but have never been satisfied with my overall standing. Hopefully by that stage of the year I will have enough guns to cover having a Murphy or a Ryder, allowing me to post scores that will still win my league games.

N. Krakouer or E. Wood as my cheapo backman whom I will be expecting vast improvement from?

Wood looks like he is going to have a very good year after having a strong pre-season, and getting used to playing at AFL level. I expect a large improvement from him this year.

N. Krakouer has been talked up a bit by Guy Mckenna as well though. But to me he seems like a player that can fade out of a game big time.

I would take Wood, but maybe it is the bias talking:p

^^

Jamar+7K vs. Goldstein?
(Cox my first ruck)

It's a valid question and I don't agree with the answer given by the other poster.

Jamar has been a late maturer, but he's in his prime and now really confident in his ability coming on the back of an AA year. Most top ruckman that have had a breakout year have continued to improve. Why would Jamar be different, especially now that he believes in his ability ?

Jamar is good for a 75-80 average imo, so it depends on the rest of your structure. He has no real decent backup, so he'll be playing lots of minutes in the ruck and when he does go forward he's show he can kick a goal.

He's a decent option without much love, but he's definately on my radar.

Chapman (fit) & Rioli
V
Pendlebury & Didak (fit)

I'd go Pendlebury/Didak. Pendlebury could improve to be amongst the top 5 DTers this year, and Didak could total as much as an injury-prone Chapman.

Also, I'd be a bit reluctant to have DPP's in the middle (minus rookies).

Palmer & Gwilt/Everitt vs Sloane & Bruce/Deledio/Connors?

Goldstein, Jamar is not going to get any better then he did last year and Goldstein is on the way up.

Sylvia or Broughton?

i like broughton. both have somehwat suspect records in terms of injury/suspension. neither have managed over about 18 games i think. having said that if sylvia plays 22 he will outscore broughton who will be good for a consistent 85-95 ppg. sylvia would be looking at increasing his avg to 100+ but i have my doubts as to whether he will stay on the park.

im looking at

Duffield, Andrew Swallow + Pavlich

v

Enright, Sam mitchell + Higgins

thoughts? cheeeers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back