Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Same thread as every other year, might as well kick it off early.

Just post two players to compare and let the rest of bigfooty do the rest.

Deledio vs Grimes vs Malceski

Will be getting Deledio anyway but not sure whether in the mods or backs

Re: Player X vs Y thread

Barlow or Judd. Will get Ablett but only one other big gun midfielder. Barlow coming back from injury so i'm steering towards Judd.

Getting Judd for first half of the year then changing to Barlow if form is up. Kicks more goals and has more possessions.

Nathan G. Brown

1999 - 2004
Avg Games: 21.5

2005 (Year of broken leg)
Avg: 121 Games: 10

Avg: 65 Games: 10

Avg: 92 Games: 11

Avg: 101 Games: 18

As you can see, it took Brown 3 seasons to get back to his durable best, albeit 20ppg lower than where he was before the injury. Give Barlow a miss for the next few seasons.

It was a pretty different injury from the sounds of it. Brown had spiral fractures and rushed his recovery which caused hot spots in his leg, whereas it sounds like Barlow's was a clean break and he's been on the sidelines for a while already. But time will tell. Barlow is going to be at a premium price so it's a risk to pick him up anyway.

What's Barlow's price looking like? I'm not sure his price would be low enough to warrant a spot unless NAB cup form is up, but then again I don't know whether he will be ready to go then.

No barlow to start will get Judd/Swan and Ablett as the main midfielder at gc

Bit early to say but it will depend on 2 vital factors....

1. How much of a premium we'll actually be getting in his price. It's not like somehow his awesomeness last year will be forgotten and thus a massive price drop will happen. It will be modest and probably not as significant as we all hope.

2. If we are able to see/hear him play a couple of warm up matches pre-season/NAB cup. I'm thinking if he isn't up to playing pre-season then I'm not taking the risk but will be holding a potential trade for him later on.

What about Jolly.v.Mummy??

I liked Jolly toward the end of the year but I liked Mummy all season. With Seaby coming back in for the swannies I'm not completely sure Mummy will have the same points potential. Thoughts?

Get Sandilands. Or Mummy out of the two, i'd imagine he's cheaper.

Get Sandilands. Or Mummy out of the two, i'd imagine he's cheaper.
*Nodding* I have already cemented Sandilands as my first lock for 2011.

An issue I had last year was my 2nd ruck. I started with Seaby (injured), Mummy (suspended) thus to Cox (declining in potential). I want to set & forget both my rucks next year and think I'll go with Mummy but it's not like Jolly has anyone else pushing for his spot like Mummy does is all.

*Nodding* I have already cemented Sandilands as my first lock for 2011.

An issue I had last year was my 2nd ruck. I started with Seaby (injured), Mummy (suspended) thus to Cox (declining in potential). I want to set & forget both my rucks next year and think I'll go with Mummy but it's not like Jolly has anyone else pushing for his spot like Mummy does is all.
Don't worry about that, Seaby will play more forward and Mumford was almost AA and imo the 2nd best ruckman for the hear just ahead of Jamar.
I actually have Sandilands and Mumford as my two lock ins for round 1 as well.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold off on Barlow .
His leg is not as good as they hoped.
Just read, but for any consolation it was made Kim Hagdorn, apparently notorious for stories like this that don't come true. Doens't change my mind at all - still sticking with Swan or Judd but not because of that.

Don't forget when talking Rucks- the byes matter as bench coverage is sparse.

Freo, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne all have their byes on triple-bye rounds, so you'll want to make sure you have coverage.

Freo
Geelong, Hawthorn, Adelaide (Tippett) and Melbourne (Jamar)

Sydney
Melbourne (Jamar), West coast (Cox), Brisbane (Clark), Richmond

Brisbane
St. Kilda, Bulldogs, Richmond, Sydney (Mumford)

Melbourne
Sydney (Mumford), West Coast (Cox), Adelaide (Tippett), Fremantle (Sandilands)

Heck, looking at that- Jamar nearly rules himself out based on the complete lack of partners out there- maybe Jolly, but you'ld hate to have to trade out of Jolly for any reason!

They way this thread works is your meant to answer a question before you asks your own, Ballanfyne...

Deledio then. Maybe Grimes because he's cheaper but otherwise Deledio.

No question asked si I'll just go.

Foley vs Hartlett vs McLean

The 3 man ruck combo I think I will go with are Sandilands, Warnock and Jacobs. Sandilands will be a lock for most teams (as he should be), Warnock will be Carlton's #1 ruck and his form was great towards the end of last year, and Jacobs will be the Crows #1 ruck and is good value at $310k.

The 3 man ruck combo I think I will go with are Sandilands, Warnock and Jacobs. Sandilands will be a lock for most teams (as he should be), Warnock will be Carlton's #1 ruck and his form was great towards the end of last year, and Jacobs will be the Crows #1 ruck and is good value at $310k.

Not sure you why you would waste $310k on a ruckman who will only be a bench player. Better off using a way cheaper option.

Not sure you why you would waste $310k on a ruckman who will only be a bench player. Better off using a way cheaper option.

No such thing as "just a bench option" this year with the byes. You'll be using ruckman #3 at least four times (assuming you have the foresight to not have your rucks sharing a bye week and suffer zero ruck injuries).

No such thing as "just a bench option" this year with the byes. You'll be using ruckman #3 at least four times (assuming you have the foresight to not have your rucks sharing a bye week and suffer zero ruck injuries).

Yes you are right but i still think that 310k is too much for your 3rd ruckman. There will be plenty of cheaper options for less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back