Resource Players Out of Contract 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Can people confirm the exact conditions on his 2 year extension. I assume it was modified as he can only play half the year in his 1st year.

Is it possible he is not out of contract at all?

The two-year extension would be triggered, worth just under $2 million, if the former Adelaide full-forward played 20 games in each of the first four seasons.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-4year-deal-20121120-29o3j.html#ixzz3tg9F5qvy
Didn't play 20 games in 2014 either and that was on him and his body.

Didn't play 20 games in 2014 either and that was on him and his body.
Got 2 + 2 when he came across so OOC at end of 2016. Played some very good footy towards the end of this season when he finally got his body right, can't see him wanting to leave, loves the Sydney lifestyle but the size of his next contract will interesting. That said, the salary cap will rise significantly from 2017 so contracts like Buddy's and Tippo's will be just pedestrian and not chart toppers.

Got 2 + 2 when he came across so OOC at end of 2016. Played some very good footy towards the end of this season when he finally got his body right, can't see him wanting to leave, loves the Sydney lifestyle but the size of his next contract will interesting. That said, the salary cap will rise significantly from 2017 so contracts like Buddy's and Tippo's will be just pedestrian and not chart toppers.
Article in the post I was replying to has the contract at
2013: $700k
2014: $900k
2015: $975k
2016: $975k

Option for similar final 2 years in 2017-18 if he plays at least 20 games in each of those 4 seasons.

go_the_dockers wanted to know if that contract condition was changed due to the fact that his AFL ban prevented him from playing 20 games in his first season. I was pointing out that he didn't play 20 games in 2014 anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Are you saying that the contract described in that article (4+2) isn't the one he got in the end?

I might be wrong but can't remember 4+2, 2+2 was what I remember Andrew Ireland announcing once the furore of Tippo's arrival dying down.

Brandon Jack just re-signed until end of 2017 so he can come off the OOC list.
Wasn't he going to QLD before Sydney came in with their offer? Surely he wasn't going to move for a 4 year deal where half of it was conditional.

Took the morning off work and went down to training this morning and so glad i did , the boys worked there ass off in humid conditions . I was lucky enough to be able to go onto the field this morning and speak to Marcus Ashcroft for 20 mins who i have to thank for being so honest in his answers , and what he told me will be a little chrissy cheer for us Suns fans . Tom Lynch and his manager have told the club they want to extend his contract , Marcus says "extremely confident" Tom will be signed before rd.1 hopefully before NAB 1 , then he shocked me by saying same goes for Dion , i had to butt in and say is that Dion Prestia ? , Marcus said again Dion and his manager have expressed to the Suns there desire to extend after this year and expects to be signed before rd.1 , he did offer afterthat that things can change but is really confident those 2 will be signed before rd.1 . Then i ask about Jaegar which his response was Jaegar wanted to "wait and see"atm , he said he wants to concentrate on his body atm .
Marcus then said the club has planned atm Swallow to be playing NAb 1 and Jaegar to be playing NAB 2 all going well . Cordy has come in and thought a lot of our players where carrying to much condition , Sam Day carrying 8 kgs to much , he has lost 5 so far , Lonergan , Stanley , Matera all carrying 5 kgs to much , there is more but ill right it down later.

Interesting development given a lot of Dees fans think it's a foregone conclusion Prestia will join the Dees. Wouldn't like to have that much egg on their face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaeger not as convincing so it seems he is waiting to see how the team and his body hold up next year.

Chad is no longer available at the end of 2016

Wingard puts pen to paper on a new three-year deal

Chad Wingard has signed a three-year deal to keep him at Port Adelaide until the end of the 2019.

The All-Australian forward will be 26 when his contract next comes up for renewal.

Wingard puts pen to paper on a new three-year deal

Now we'll concentrate on getting the Ollie Wines deal done
That's a ripper signing. I was hoping he'd do a reverse Wanga :(. Can Ollie do it instead? He can win the Charlie and flag this year then come to EFC?
Not really a big deal but pretty sure Jarryd Blair is an unrestricted FA in 2016, unless rookie years don't count towards years of service.
Good shout, I'll fix that up :thumbsu:

Interesting development given a lot of Dees fans think it's a foregone conclusion Prestia will join the Dees. Wouldn't like to have that much egg on their face.

Do Dee's fans still think that? After trading out next years first I think it's more unlikely. But yeah before we did that I think a lot of people were liking out chances and there was a bit of talk of him being keen. But that was also linked to his family being big Melbourne fans.
Of course we could try and trade a first rounder in from GWS for example. Not sure if we can trade first rounder for 2017 though.

Do Dee's fans still think that? After trading out next years first I think it's more unlikely. But yeah before we did that I think a lot of people were liking out chances and there was a bit of talk of him being keen. But that was also linked to his family being big Melbourne fans.
Of course we could try and trade a first rounder in from GWS for example. Not sure if we can trade first rounder for 2017 though.
Academy clubs are probably your best bet, you may have some 2nd or 3rd round selections from finishes and either matched or unmatched free agency departures; there aren't many players on your list that have large trade value that are expendable, if you have any at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really a big deal but pretty sure Jarryd Blair is an unrestricted FA in 2016, unless rookie years don't count towards years of service.
It is a big deal for me:

brad-pitt.jpg

Yes I'm constantly reading silly posts by Demon supporters talking as if he's already on their list. The "Who will be your best player in 5 years" thread on the main board is a good laugh.

Not over yet I guess but he seems like he really wants to win a flag with us. It's possible once he's achieved that he'll leave. I have heard him say before something along the lines of I've come too far to just leave now, I want to win a premiership with the Suns.

Can Ollie do it instead? He can win the Charlie and flag this year then come to EFC?

Maybe Ollie wants two - three Charlies & flags ... :D

Hrovat and Jong could be pried loose from the kennel with the promise of opportunity as the dogs midfield will be tough to crack in 2016
Would have more chance getting Hrovat, Think Bev is a big fan of Jong, and is unique, kind of player we only have one of.

Yes I'm constantly reading silly posts by Demon supporters talking as if he's already on their list. The "Who will be your best player in 5 years" thread on the main board is a good laugh.

Not over yet I guess but he seems like he really wants to win a flag with us. It's possible once he's achieved that he'll leave. I have heard him say before something along the lines of I've come too far to just leave now, I want to win a premiership with the Suns.

And Buddy said he wanted to be a one club player. Players say what people want to hear.

And Buddy said he wanted to be a one club player. Players say what people want to hear.

I'm not hanging my hat on it. Just the feeling I get which could be vindicated by what Marcus Ascroft has said.

Jaeger not as convincing so it seems he is waiting to see how the team and his body hold up next year.

Hoping the Crows throw the leftover Danger war chest at Jaeger. Just what we need

Is this just an extension to the rumour he was going to be a lion in 2013?

I heard Tippett will go home to Perth on 2017. He sneezed while flying above Perth and ever since been admiring that sneeze. Ross Lyon is apparently keen too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back