Club Legend
Feb 19, 2003
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mark McGough, Ben Kinnear, Steven McKee, Dane Swan, Andrew Williams

Mark McGough will be traded
All the rest will be delisted.

Collingwood must keep:
Rhyce Shaw - Has leg speed (which we need)
Matthew Lokan, Shane O'Bree - For depth reasons
Bo Nixon, Luke Mullins & Luke Shackleton - Still young (give them a chance)

Dane Swan?!?!?!?!?!?
Why the hell would we do that? The kid oozes poise and potential.

Who cares if he is court-bound? I don't care if they are axe murderers! Give me a team full of those who can play over a team full of "good blokes" who are useless.

So let me get this straight, you would keep Bo Nixon, Luke Mullins & Luke Shackleton because they are "still young (give them a chance)", yet you are willing to delist Swan who is young and shown more this year than all three of them combined?

The Clokes said:

Collingwood must keep:

Of this list, sack em all, Except Shaw and possibly Mullins who deserves another crack at it. We'll probably keep Shack as well, good news for Willy but he wont make the grade at Collingwood. Same goes for David King, he'll probably stay on the list but he's not good enough.

I'd rather Luke Mullins than Dane Swan.

Swanny's kicking was embarrassing on Friday night, and I dare say he'll be offered around.

While I don't mind him, it's painfully obvious that he's a 'nothing player' who racks up his 15 touches every week - none of them damaging and most of them painfull.

Shackleton and Nixon should stay, they've hardly had a go and they've only been here for 2 years.

Lokan, Williams, Kinnear should be delisted, and I'm not sure as to whether we need to keep McKee for another year...we'll see.

There is one man who I wish had of been on our list this year, and next for that matter...

rupe.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Clokes said:

Collingwood must keep:
Shacklton is three months younger than McGough and has about one 20th of the talent. Hanging onto Shak and getting rid of McGough would be one of the dumbest things our Club will have ever done.

Rhyce Shaw is under contract. We've got to buy Kinnear out first and foremost. Rhyce Shaw adds little to the team other than negative courage.

Lokan has simply got to go. He's just like Andrew Dimatinna, only he gets about a third of his posessions.

O'Bree or any other clone equivalent should be traded for a different type.

Nixon and Mullins can have another year or so. They have something different to add to the mix.

King and Shakleton are vanilla short people. King has a Rupe like quality to somehow manufacture something, despite

Here's my assessment from about a month ago. No much has changed.

--------------------------------------------

The Heros: Top shelf players with no discernable weaknesses and/or stars.
1. Nathan Buckley
2. Chris Tarrant
3. Scott Burns
4. James Clement

The Solids: Very good players who account for their deficiencies very well.
1. Paul Licuria
2. Anthony Rocca
3. Shane Wakelin
4. Simon Presigiacomo

The Uniques: Players who are young, have deficiienies, but have something special that can win, or has won us games (P = Potential).
1. Josh Fraser
2. Ben Johnson
3. Alan Didak
4. Richie Cole
5. Mark McGough
6. Ryan Lonie
7. Jason Cloke
P: Julian Rowe
P: Luke Mullins
P. Bo Nixon

The Raws: Talls who are worth persisting with at this stage. Longer development period (no order).
Guy Richards
Cameron Cloke
Tristen Walker
Billy Morrison
Brent Hall
Nick Maxwell
Tom Davidson

The Clones: Self explanitory. In order of ability and/or potential.
1. Shane Woewodin
2. Brodie Holland
3. Tarkyn Lockyer
4. Shane O'Bree
5. Rhyce Shaw
6. Dane Swan
7. Leon Davis
8. Matthew Lokan
P. Brayden Shaw
P. David King
P. Heath Shaw
P. Luke Shackleton

The Duds: (In order of liability)
1. Ben Kinnear
2. Andrew Williams
3. Steve McKee

I am of the opinion that Maxwell deserves his promotion. He's surprised me with his poise and capability and looks like becoming a solid player.

Surely we will do everything required to remove the bottom three guys. I am worried though!

Then I'd suggest we have minimum two spots to vacate. My concerns are that we (our elected footy department) will ignore the fact that the 2002 draft was the weakest one I've seen and maintain that we drafted well.

We're obviously overloaded with clones, and that the worst (or least potential) of those clones are the guys from the 2002 draft.

If I were to chose two players to delist, in addition to McKee, Williams and Kinnear, I'd chose Shackleton and Lokan. Lokan has served his purpose. I can't see Shackleton's AFL potential and he offers nothing unique.

I am scared to death that some incorrect decisions will be made at the end of this year and cost us some talented young footballers, at the expense of some battling clones. Very nervous!!

hotpie said:
Of this list, sack em all, Except Shaw and possibly Mullins who deserves another crack at it. We'll probably keep Shack as well, good news for Willy but he wont make the grade at Collingwood. Same goes for David King, he'll probably stay on the list but he's not good enough.

changed your mind finally on Lokan? :D

I agree with this though. I'd keep Shaw...he shows promise as a run with play with pace (shut down Aker and Mcleod beautifully), until he learns to play acocampaignerable offensive footy. Mullins doesnt inspire me, sack him too. My jury is still out on Dane though, he's had many chances agreed, but has shown a bit here and there. I'd keep McGough, always liked him.

rychenroller said:
changed your mind finally on Lokan? :D

I nearly added "keep Lokan another year" - maybe I should have - still on the fence about him and my patience is growing thin. I like his attitude but he probably isnt good enough.

Why the hell would you delist Swan!!!!
Top ten contenders to be delisted/traded/shot/fired.
*more likely to be traded*

DRUM ROLL.........
1. Steven Stunner Mckee
2. Andrew Williams
3. Mathew Crazy john Lokan
4. Ben Kinnear
5. Leon Davis*
6. Mark Mcgough*
7. Shane O'bree*
8. Bowman Nixon
9. Brent Hall
10. David Flabs Fanning

guess_who said:
Why the hell would you delist Swan!!!!
Top ten contenders to be delisted/traded/shot/fired.
*more likely to be traded*

DRUM ROLL.........
1. Steven Stunner Mckee
2. Andrew Williams
3. Mathew Crazy john Lokan
4. Ben Kinnear
5. Leon Davis*
6. Mark Mcgough*
7. Shane O'bree*
8. Bowman Nixon
9. Brent Hall
10. David Flabs Fanning

i will agree with every thing but leon and obree even though there preformances are up and down

Rupe was great. Rupe WAS great. And Rupe was great for one season. Benny is getting the rupe treatment from last year, not getting games when he obviously should be and being pushed out the door. BK will get the axe in the same fashion Rupert did and quite honestly, without playing the games they should have, they are better off and deserve it.

to the clokes use r a joke...i am a carlton fan and i would say that dane swan is fantastic...of the young core u have cummen up i would say he is one of the best...pu it dis way ...h is far better than julian rowe..rowe cant kick if u watch closely...he neva hits targets just kicks long...swan is tops... n as for mggough he is also good in and under..wins the hard ball...not quick but wins the ball and clearances...froma carlton supporters perspective:

davis
shaw
obree
williams all must be delisted

and as for that hack DIDAK is the guy eva gunna do enythen!?!?!?!

yea man dats da sh i t.

im like a fully hardcore piez fan and i fink dat swandog iz crap.

alzo, da bloos are a pack of littel homos, so go jack off ta lance whitnall ya fu cking puufda.

peace out

Remove this Banner Ad

Players that wont be at Collingwood next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back