Players who are in better form than Brian Lake

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not in as a good form as this bloke. Assume this is what the OP wanted?

119548-roughead.jpg

Considering Lake got one is last night considered a nett 1 goal to Tippett?

He now has the 'hopeless 1 vs 1' curse that comes with playing in Hawthorns backline.

Looks good as a third man up (which every play does).

Will get destroyed by Hawkins when he is high on pain meds in the GF.

He now has the 'hopeless 1 vs 1' curse that comes with playing in Hawthorns backline.

Unfortunately, Hawkins probably won't be in the GF - we'll be playing your purple friends! :D

Hawkins was the bloke that pulled out of the Cats side when he heard McPharlin was playing, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny ownage of bosk by none other than Bosk. Free Bosk I immediately mods deserve to have his chance to come snd spit shit.

Funny ownage of bosk by none other than Bosk. Free Bosk I immediately mods deserve to have his chance to come snd spit shit.

It's not exactly ownage though, Lake delivered the Hawks a flag.

716690-tom-hawkins.jpg

And just for some more lulz, this is the article that it comes from ...

CAMERON Mooney has warned of the "huge threat" a stronger and more aggressive Tom Hawkins will pose to opposition backlines this season.
But Mooney pointed to further improvement this year, saying his protege had learnt even more tricks to help become multidimensional in his leading patterns.
And in a warning to defenders who dare try and fill his space, Mooney urged Hawkins to use his imposing physical frame to crash and bash the opposition this year.

'lulz' indeed a few month after this — when the 'huge threat' of a 'more aggressive tom hawkins' that mooney warned about came to be... should have listened to mooney, instead of allowing him to tear apart your team in the QF as an appetiser to doing the same in the PF and GF.

good post :thumbsu:

on a more related note, i was very happy for lake yesterday. good on him, played a first class game, and loved seeing how excited he was when announced as the winner.

hawthorn really turned him around — getting him to drop the weight, get fit, and he delivered.

he was a terrific player at the dogs. he was out of condition though, and — correct me if im wrong — perhaps seen as a little 'past his best' when hawthorn picked him up.

Nail. There were many questioning him if he was up to the task. I was one but thought if he had the fitness side down pat then he would have a chance. Reality was I was well in on the fitness/weight area and happy to admit I was wrong in the best past him area as he really turned it on when things mattered and that's all what he had to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players who are in better form than Brian Lake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back