Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Sean Mckernan surprises me everytime I see him play. He’s 29 now and still feels like he’s got a lot more potential than he delivers.

For all the criticism he got in his crows days he’s made a decent career for himself

Bit hard for us to be all "lol, what were Carlton thinking??!" when we'd used first round picks to draft them in the first place.

I can understand Smedts as he was very well talked about in 2010.

Lang was a nobody and strikes me as a Corey Ellis, Ed Vickers-Willis and Xavier O'Neill type.
An incredibly meh player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really. Casbolt????????????????????
13 goals in 9 games this year. We have one player that's fit and into double figures right now, and there's talk on our board about moving him to half back to find form. He walks into FF for us right now.

Ill second Chayce Jones

Chayce Jones is kind of like hiring a sou chef. No experience, but its a job that doesnt need any, just a will to work. First 2 weeks he burns the meatballs, gives the vegetarian the bolognese sauce, breaks the oven, leaves the freezer open and defrosts all the food and you the guy who hired him is sitting like - "Well he has gotten all the errors out of the way, he is bound to get better, lets give him more opportunity'

I know its 2 weeks in, but sometimes in life, you fail so much in those 2 weeks, you leave everyone around you with no choice but to move on and start again with a new person. Chayce Jones is in that conundrum. He has failed too much to persist with. Adelaide are best moving on and starting again

How Carlton accepted Smedts as part of the Tuohy trade I have no idea. Trade out Pick 15 and Smedts for Tuohy and Pick 22 it was obvious at the time Smedts had negative trade value.

Smedts was a salary dump. Carlton needed a first rounder for Marchbank and we needed Smedts salary off our books to fit Tuohy in. Carlton also received a fourth rounder (Polson).

Wouldn’t put him in the same bucket - he looked capable at Collingwood, but just didn’t get much opportunity to find his niche.

Guys like Buckley, Sheridan or Reid have never looked like AFL standard players.

DeBoer definitely doesn’t fit either. Played 138 games for Freo and will probably end up playing 200 career games

Remove this Banner Ad

Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back