Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

De Boer was only 26 when Freo let him go as part of the foot soldier cull.

I thought he'd bounce around as a journeyman enforcer for another 2-3 years before ultimately being delisted before age 30 and going into real estate. To see him establish himself in a quality outfit like GWS has been a pleasant surprise. Having a clearly defined role is everything for a player with his limited skill set

I thought he'd bounce around as a journeyman enforcer for another 2-3 years before ultimately being delisted before age 30 and going into real estate. To see him establish himself in a quality outfit like GWS has been a pleasant surprise. Having a clearly defined role is everything for a player with his limited skill set

He's one of those guys that is AFL standard but not a difference maker. No flag side has 22 players better than him. Can see why Freo moved him and others on after a few years around the mark and needing new blood, but he could've easily stayed and been a role player in a rebuilding side rather than a contending one.

He's one of those guys that is AFL standard but not a difference maker. No flag side has 22 players better than him. Can see why Freo moved him and others on after a few years around the mark and needing new blood, but he could've easily stayed and been a role player in a rebuilding side rather than a contending one.
A good example of one in a rebuilding side is Ed Curnow

13 goals in 9 games this year. We have one player that's fit and into double figures right now, and there's talk on our board about moving him to half back to find form. He walks into FF for us right now.
Ok coach.

Not under Lyon who seemed determined to play him as a HFF for reasons unknown.

Not sure where you read that but it's completely false. He was sold by Liverpool back sometime around 2013. Was at a club in the Championship last season but was released and is currently a free agent
I thought so too (obviously)
Got a push notification via FotMob that he'd moved on from Liverpool on FA. Assumed he'd been on loan from the club for a while. Didn't bother to check but came through as I was reading this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people expected De Boer to become a assistant coach. He is supposed to be one of the smarter football brains going around

Remove this Banner Ad

Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back