PS3 Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and Everything else) - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Playstation 3 News(Articles, Accessories, and something else) III

New System Update out, tiny and has something do to with security

New System Update out, tiny and has something do to with security
Yea a 10 second download and a 3 min install.
I wish they would allow us to put a small comment about people on ya friends list, just something simple like (MAG Clan) or (BigF) it would help a bit when ya need to clean up the friends list.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception officially confirmed as Sony's Exclusive for the VGA's in a few days time (I really wish publications could **** off with this shit being released early, ruins any sort of real anticipation) (also seems those leaks could have had some form of truth to them, potentially anyway, don't see some of those settings being used, but who knows the 'Deceit/Deception' is VERY close after all).

To be set in a desert locale.

Full reveal coming at the VGA's.

Drake for 2011 GOTY!:thumbsu::D

[YOUTUBE]3zWKrb_Oquk[/YOUTUBE]

Source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1139326p1.html
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is said to focus on the relationship between Sully and Drake as the pair search for a lost city in the Arabian Peninsula and across the Rub' al Khali Desert. T.E Lawrence is said to be an inspiration for the story and setting.

A teaser trailer accompanying the reveal shows the new desert setting. "All men dream," says the Nolan North-voiced Nathan Drake, "but not equally".

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception's new features include the ability to fight multiple enemies as well as 'enhanced backward climbing' – though quite how that pans out remains to be seen.

Omgomgomgomomgomgomomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!
Uncharted 3.

Load has officially been blown in my pants.

Wooooooooo. Start a thread.... Uncharted 3. Look forward to more details over the weekend.

I wish I new what safe mode was 6 months ago, got my PS3 working again and its now time for some Uncharted 2.

So excited for uch3! If it's as good as the second one the series will be dubbed one of the greatest ever.

Apparently you can download the beta for DC Universe Online if you have playstation plus around Christmas time.

MY questions are
- can Australians grab the beta?
- can I sign up for plus for one month, cancel it and still continue the beta?

I wish I new what safe mode was 6 months ago, got my PS3 working again and its now time for some Uncharted 2.
Whatchu talkin' bout Weagles? Good to see you'll be back for more Uncharted co-op though.:)
Apparently you can download the beta for DC Universe Online if you have playstation plus around Christmas time.

MY questions are
Highly likely it'll make it's way to Aus subscribers.

You can only purchase 3 or 12 month subscriptions. 3 is $20 IIRC, so buy that and you'll be safe for the entirety of the beta.

MY questions are
Im pretty sure i read somewhere it has only been anounced for US atm.

On U3 i read early in the week that it would be set in the desert and i was excited then, but now it has been confirmed i bloody cant wait.
Looking at the past two releases it was always going to happen in 2011, Uncharted released-2007, U2 released-2009, U3- 2011

So excited for uch3! If it's as good as the second one the series will be dubbed one of the greatest ever.

lol that's some mighty high expectations!
it's gonna be seriously tough for any game to match UC2 in the same genre.

i think it only needs to match the first in quality to be regarded as one of the highest quality series of all time.

god of war series and uncharted series are clearly the best for me.

That poses as a good question, the greatest ever series.

lol that's some mighty high expectations!
it's gonna be seriously tough for any game to match UC2 in the same genre.

i think it only needs to match the first in quality to be regarded as one of the highest quality series of all time.

god of war series and uncharted series are clearly the best for me.
Just got my order from mad monday, GOW Collection :D might pump through them both before i finish 3 lol

Just got my order from mad monday, GOW Collection :D might pump through them both before i finish 3 lol

they're both better than the third imo....but the third is still pretty insane itself lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatchu talkin' bout Weagles? Good to see you'll be back for more Uncharted co-op though.:)
Around 6 months ago my PS3 failed on me and kept giving me the same error message on a loop (something to do with restoring a corrupt harddrive) which I probably put 2 minutes of time into trying to fix. But after I read about Uncharted 3 today I became possessed and had to fix my PS3 and play UC2 asap so I needed to get my PS3 working again. It turns out that if I had read past the first page of the first thread in my first google search then I would've been directed to this, which got me my PS3 back and only r*ped me of my saved game files which is no big deal.

I'll add the cool PS3 guys later that deleted me for being a lazy shit. I still have MW2, UC2, KZ2, Cod4 to impress you with. Need a new controller though since my other 2 broke in 2 MW2 ragequits but I still have the headset to speak wisdom through :D.

Sweet...and yes...umm, I was one that deleted you.:D

Also, apparently Sony isn't done after UC3's announcement with plans for another exclusive reveal this weekend.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/sony-to-announce-huge-exclusive-this-weekend
Today, the gaming world saw the first announcement of Naughty Dog's Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, but Sony is also planning to drop another software bomb on the gaming world.

Set to be revealed this weekend, Sony will reveal an all-new exclusive title that is part of a Sony franchise. Currently, the lead contenders for such an announcement are the long fabled Starhawk or a new Syphon Filter, though it could be something totally unrelated to each. As to what it can be is anyone's guess right now, we weren't told any details aside from the title is part of a Sony franchise that's coming back and it'll excite people -- and that it wasn't Uncharted 3.

Bit OTT and early to call it best series, so many in gaming history especially in an industry where sequels are often better than the original. In fact it's rare to see great games that don't get sequels.

it would be over the top to call it THE best. (until it has a hundred trillion high quality games like mario)

but if it keeps up with the whole outrageously high standards the other 2 games have then there is simply nowhere else the game series could be considered besides somewhere at the top.

it would be over the top to call it THE best. (until it has a hundred trillion high quality games like mario)

but if it keeps up with the whole outrageously high standards the other 2 games have then there is simply nowhere else the game series could be considered besides somewhere at the top.

Yeah, I understand that it's a big call.
But consider it, the third game is just as good as the second. It lives up to the hype, that trilogy would be up there with the best.
Not of all time, but in it's genre and on the playstation 3. Probably of the next gen too.

Today, the gaming world saw the first announcement of Naughty Dog's Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, but Sony is also planning to drop another software bomb on the gaming world.

Set to be revealed this weekend, Sony will reveal an all-new exclusive title that is part of a Sony franchise. Currently, the lead contenders for such an announcement are the long fabled Starhawk or a new Syphon Filter, though it could be something totally unrelated to each. As to what it can be is anyone's guess right now, we weren't told any details aside from the title is part of a Sony franchise that's coming back and it'll excite people -- and that it wasn't Uncharted 3.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

A demo of the PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect 2 will be released on the European PlayStation Network on 22nd December, EA has announced.

The PS3 version features a raft of bonus content, including an interactive comic designed to help bridge the storylines of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. Choices made while interacting with the comic carry over into your Mass Effect 2 adventure.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-13-ps3-mass-effect-2-demo-announced

Good that we'll be able to test it out before buying.

I wonder how long the ME comic is going to be. You'd think to have 12 hours worth of decisions and story and content in there the comic would have to be a couple of hours long at the very least, but then will people get bored by just watching and clicking a button every so often? Hopefully they give a bit of a hint in the demo of what that will be like.

Good that we'll be able to test it out before buying.

I wonder how long the ME comic is going to be. You'd think to have 12 hours worth of decisions and story and content in there the comic would have to be a couple of hours long at the very least, but then will people get bored by just watching and clicking a button every so often? Hopefully they give a bit of a hint in the demo of what that will be like.

I'm wondering if they'll include all the choices that you could make in ME1, big or small, that carry into ME2. Because there are some choices that lead to a better result depending on if you did a particular mission or not, although this may not factor in at all since it's a comic. Really interested to see how they pull it off, you guys deserve to know the full picture going into ME2 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back