PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im having trouble following you, so you think it was dumb?
AND if a game "looks gnarly" why would you not play it?

images

Gotcha, I thought so.

An additional thought - I think I'm ready to give up on the last guardian

I really hope that first line doesnt come true, i dont want them to figure out CoD will probably die out next gen sometime and gun for Respawn and BF. Would think with BF4 launching late this year and PS4 launching, we'd get that at the least (PC port perhaps?) Sports games are a given but still seemed odd that nothing was shown, even player models for FIFA would've been better than a no show.
There's obviously some reason, which we probably won't be privvy to until MS decide to show their hand.

If they don't do anything with EA, then I guess it was just that neither think EA is as worth showing or they had nothing to show.

I think Sony went after Activision purely because of how insanely strong they've been this gen (and still going to be strong for a little while yet with Skylanders and COD) and Sony want to get stronger on their side no doubt.

Capcom and Squeenix was for their Japanese consumer base. And Ubi have been buddying up with Sony for a while now too.

Maybe it was just priorities. EA are showing off BF4 soon, so maybe they're just preparing for that and either didn't have PS4 footage to show or it's not going to be on PS4 so had nothing much else.

Some pretty smart marketing today by Sony, they just gave enough info about the machine to show people the have learnt from previous mistakes, thrown in a couple of games for the blokes that don't really understand the spec side of things (*raises hand*) and have sold ps4's to the majority of people in this board without really showing off everything about the console.

Gotcha, I thought so.

An additional thought - I think I'm ready to give up on the last guardian
Didn't the devs come out and say they canned it as a ps3 title a while ago? Well actually i think they said altogether but then restarted it when the ps4 come about.

Didn't the devs come out and say they canned it as a ps3 title a while ago? Well actually i think they said altogether but then restarted it when the ps4 come about.

Yeah im pretty sure it was put on hiatus or something along the lines. Not sure if its been resumed but now you'd have to think PS4 title.

Yeah im pretty sure it was put on hiatus or something along the lines. Not sure if its been resumed but now you'd have to think PS4 title.
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-13-fumito-ueda-issues-the-last-guardian-statement-ahead-of-sonys-playstation-4-event
Fumito Ueda explained that work on The Last Guardian was still in-progress (as it has been since 2007) and that he remained in charge.

I think beta_condition is right, it's more likely to appear at E3 if anywhere. It was said on GiantBomb I think before the event that if they were to show it, it really has to basically be done by now, it can't just be another tease.

So I'm expecting E3 showing, for March-June 2014 release.

Sony's E3 will be HUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE

Microsoft expected to announce the Nextbox at GDC in March, meaning E3 in general will be the biggest in a long time, as Nintendo will be showing off Wii U footage of a 3D Mario, HD Zelda and all the other cool games they announced a few weeks back

E3 2013 = face melting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sony's E3 will be HUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE

Microsoft expected to announce the Nextbox at GDC in March, meaning E3 in general will be the biggest in a long time, as Nintendo will be showing off Wii U footage of a 3D Mario, HD Zelda and all the other cool games they announced a few weeks back

E3 2013 = face melting

Nekkminnut Wonder Book 2 and Kinect 2.0

Just watched the presser :thumbsu: I know what i'll be thinking about tonight when i give the misses a work over.

The more i see of Watch Dogs the more i like.

KillZone 8==D~~ I wont be getting one launch day (at this stage) so may miss out on some good MP there.

Also what sort of price point do you reckon the controller will run at?
Wouldnt of thought it would be cheap with a touch pad/screen in it.

Your missus is a lucky lady.

With Blizzard coming on board what are the chances of WoW coming to the PS4. That would be fun going around like in South Park with some of you degenerates threatening to do horrible things to the other players bodies.

Playing WoW on a console??? Why would anyone want to subject themself to that? :p

Was I the only one who felt 'meh' throughout the entire press conference? I just didn't get a feel of 'next-gen' at all, apart from the new Capcom engine (which I'm still not convinced was real time gameplay). Also disappointed that the controller is basically the same, was hoping they'd try and match the 360 controller.

Just wondering why I'm nowhere near as enthused as the majority of you... Certainly won't be handing over my hard earned without further persuasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back