PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First impressions were "What the hell is this shit? A ****ing share button? **** you. Where the hell is my backwards compatibility? **** you"

They then placated to "Yeah, I could see me getting behind this"

So does that mean no Watchdogs for PS3 then? Because if so that pretty much forces me to get one...

The controller button layout is basically the same but the rest of it is very different. Were you expecting them to clone the 360 controller?

Just find the triggers as well as the position of the analog sticks are miles better on the 360 controller. Seems to be the common opinion. Until this generation I was pretty much a Sony fanboy as well so it's not as if I'm just not accustomed to the dualshock.

WOW is too big of a PC game to come onto console imo, Reading on various forums people wouldn't ever like to play it on console.Also the graphics would be downgraded.
It's possible but would never happen, runescape was going to get a console release but jagex wanted an open game for both 360 and ps3 which both parties refused, That and I doubt many would play it, why would you? Only way to make it possible would be adding a mouse and keyboard, main point it offers nothing new.

It's possible but would never happen, runescape was going to get a console release but jagex wanted an open game for both 360 and ps3 which both parties refused, That and I doubt many would play it, why would you? Only way to make it possible would be adding a mouse and keyboard, main point it offers nothing new.

Never played it so wouldn't know. Blizzard would want to have more then a bad Diablo game to bring.

I think it's mostly exactly the same in the way that people cared about it vs the Xbox (position of buttons, sticks, etc). I haven't seen anything other than agreement with the changes.

Never played it so wouldn't know. Blizzard would want to have more then a bad Diablo game to bring.

Logistically its probably the only game that could be played on console. Majority of attacks could be changed to directional, without having the need to click on each enemy. It's also pretty damn good!

As for WoW... its nearly impossible to play on a controller. 25+ baseline abilities for each character, simply nowhere near enough buttons on a controller. Even if your only really using 10 at one time generally, its still not feasible. Its built for keyboard + mouse. The UI would have to be thrown out and replaced.

Logistically its probably the only game that could be played on console. Majority of attacks could be changed to directional, without having the need to click on each enemy. It's also pretty damn good!

As for WoW... its nearly impossible to play on a controller. 25+ baseline abilities for each character, simply nowhere near enough buttons on a controller. Even if your only really using 10 at one time generally, its still not feasible. Its built for keyboard + mouse. The UI would have to be thrown out and replaced.

Ok fair enough.

I wonder if they would be working on something similar to be on PS4.

Ok fair enough.

I wonder if they would be working on something similar to be on PS4.

Traditional MMOs simply aren't built for console. Managing gear, abilities, parties, auction houses, communication etc etc are just completely centered around mouse and keyboard. Same deal with RTS games. And for the inverse, most hack and slash or platformers feel shonky with a keyboard. This is obviously countered by the fact that you can use a gamepad on the PC.

So basically, either Sony allows M+KB or you won't see a traditional MMO on the system.

I can't stand MMO's all that grinding seems more like work then a game.

I already have a job where I sit at a desk in front of a PC for 8 hours....don't need to do it at home :)

I can't stand MMO's all that grinding seems more like work then a game.

I already have a job where I sit at a desk in front of a PC for 8 hours....don't need to do it at home :)

I wouldn't mind it if it was simplified.

Imagine if you could play Skyrim online and have mates with you. Would be grand.

Imagine if you could play Skyrim online and have mates with you. Would be grand.

Wouldn't mind that, but the MMO format like WOW doesn't appeal to me. Borderlands I guess is the closet thing to it right now on a console.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apparently Killzone has been in production for over 2 years, and was built on an old Alpha Dev kit that was only 4GB GDDR5 just imagine what they can do in a few years when they push it to the limits. when games get huge 25+GB files it will suck for PC gamers and i think some 1st party games will be well over 40GB in a few years. since all 3 uncharted games are close to 20GB right now, and the next Xbox will have Blu ray. and the PS4 can use BDXL discs that have 128GB of data

Killzone is now Confirmed as a Launch title. and Jimmy Fallon will have a live demo today [tonight on 11:40PM on Comedy Channel 112] i would love more footage but i think it will be the same gameplay

Wouldn't mind that, but the MMO format like WOW doesn't appeal to me. Borderlands I guess is the closet thing to it right now on a console.

Correctamundo.

So...Destiny.

Blizzard's next title is currently called Project Titan. Wouldn't be surprised if it comes to PS4 considering the new agreement Sony and them clearly have now.

4K Video Confirmed
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/21/playstation4-outputs-4k-video.aspx

4K gaming no go [could be done in a patch? but dont think studios will try 4K gaming until they get every game 1080p at 60fps with out frame rate issues]

ohh god how i hope the 1080p 30fps will be the end of frame rate issues and macroblocking in the games, it looks like the 1080p 30fps will the the standard for the PS4 at launch with some titles being 60fps. some games like CoD struggle on 720p with out frame rate issues so it will be a big step up when they use a new engine but dont think it will be enough to get me back in the CoD camp [yeah CoD can do 1080 but its upscaled they only do native 720p but havent played much of the last 2 games they might of fixed that since BLops1]

So...Destiny.

Blizzard's next title is currently called Project Titan. Wouldn't be surprised if it comes to PS4 considering the new agreement Sony and them clearly have now.

Don't know much about destiny. but shaddup anyway.:p

... Very impressed with what I've seen so far and having Blizzard on board is a huge get and really speaks volumes of its ease of development and their relationship with developers for the PS4.

Jumping on the bandwagon of the DS3 looks so crappy after seeing the DS4 :(

Bring on E3!!!

You have to be joking if you thinking getting Diablo 3 is a huge get? Despite the initial record sales players left in droves and it is regarded as one of the biggest gaming disappointments in history. Mainly due to the fact the entire game has been developed with the console market in mind. Blizzard have taken a huge reputation smack with D3.

Look existing PS owners (and eventually XBOX owners) who've never strayed into the PC gaming might get a kick out of playing D3 on a console for a while... but do you know what? D3 wont measure up against other console titles that were built specifically for the console market. Console players will play it and think "overrated tripe".

The ease of development though is great news for the PS4.

You have to be joking if you thinking getting Diablo 3 is a huge get?
His point isn't that Diablo 3 is a huge get; it's that getting Blizzard on board is huge, which it is. A developer of their stature, who hasn't been in the console games for years has gotten back into it because of how easy the PS4 is to work with and how much potential there is. That is monumental for Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back