Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread and psuedo general draft discussion apparently

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah……fair bit going in that one.
Hope our bloke’s not interested in our part. Pick 2 for 9 and 16. Bloody hell this draft must be full of future AA’s.
I know? I did chat to someone who actually knows their stuff in draft watching. Their opinion was Colby McKercher be a clear number 1 in this years draft.

I think the kids great but he would be a mile away from Sheez, ND, JHF, Walter, Reid in their draft run up.

Feels like this draft is being overrated on Big Footy, I imagine from Tigers supporters hype as I’m not hearing an anything about a super draft outside of Big Footy.

I know? I did chat to someone who actually knows their stuff in draft watching. Their opinion was Colby McKercher be a clear number 1 in this years draft.

I think the kids great but he would be a mile away from Sheez, ND, JHF, Walter, Reid in their draft run up.

Feels like this draft is being overrated on Big Footy, I imagine from Tigers supporters hype as I’m not hearing an anything about a super draft outside of Big Footy.
In fairness it’s not just BF talking up the draft. The media have pumped it up a lot. The lack of a real standout has helped that narrative though.
I am concerned about the talls, if I’m honest, there really doesn’t appear to be a Walter or Darcy etc who just looks unstoppable, even against their own age group. Be interesting to see how all the KP players go at the next level.

I view this draft as a flat log draft. There is depth without a pointy top end. Last years draft I thought was very pointy with Harley, Kerch and Walter at the top.

PMBangers would North be completely insane to take Tauru at 2? As abit of a fortune reading… if rumours around North trading out F1 are true are North undervaluing our F1 if we trade it for a pick outside top 10 this year?

In fairness it’s not just BF talking up the draft. The media have pumped it up a lot. The lack of a real standout has helped that narrative though.
I am concerned about the talls, if I’m honest, there really doesn’t appear to be a Walter or Darcy etc who just looks unstoppable, even against their own age group. Be interesting to see how all the KP players go at the next level.
The lack of a real standout is because the two real standouts had the year spoiled by injury. Yet they're still probably going 1 and 2. Both will be better than McKercher in my O.

On the talls, there's no Darcy or Walter but there are plenty of good ones. Tauru might be special, and Armstrong, Trainor, the Whitlocks, Faull, Dodson, Barrat, Shanahan, Smith, Burmeister, Sims, Gerreyn and Nicholls have all show enough to suggest they could make it. Mraz and O'Farrell too but their year was totally wrecked.

I view this draft as a flat log draft. There is depth without a pointy top end. Last years draft I thought was very pointy with Harley, Kerch and Walter at the top.

PMBangers would North be completely insane to take Tauru at 2? As abit of a fortune reading… if rumours around North trading out F1 are true are North undervaluing our F1 if we trade it for a pick outside top 10 this year?
I've umm'd and ahh'd over Tauru at pick 2 a lot but ultimately players are drafted on their potential and elite traits, and with that in mind it's hard to argue against him being worthy of selection there.

I'm not massive on next year's draft but it's always dangerous trading future firsts, particularly as a likely bottom 5 side, so any trading of a F1 from North should include something back other than just a pick this year

I've umm'd and ahh'd over Tauru at pick 2 a lot but ultimately players are drafted on their potential and elite traits, and with that in mind it's hard to argue against him being worthy of selection there.

I'm not massive on next year's draft but it's always dangerous trading future firsts, particularly as a likely bottom 5 side, so any trading of a F1 from North should include something back other than just a pick this year

I love Tauru upside but feels to me to have higher risk. Trust the recruiting staff at those stages I guess.

Thanks again for your answer

The lack of a real standout is because the two real standouts had the year spoiled by injury. Yet they're still probably going 1 and 2. Both will be better than McKercher in my O.

On the talls, there's no Darcy or Walter but there are plenty of good ones. Tauru might be special, and Armstrong, Trainor, the Whitlocks, Faull, Dodson, Barrat, Shanahan, Smith, Burmeister, Sims, Gerreyn and Nicholls have all show enough to suggest they could make it. Mraz and O'Farrell too but their year was totally wrecked.
I agree re the top 2, assuming you definitely mean FOS and Lalor, but I don’t think Lalor displayed as much “sure thing” vibes as FOS. I love Lalor though for what he could be and love the way he plays.
The talls are interesting, but even Tauru, Armstrong and Trainor are all 195 or under, but I like all 3 of them.
As I said, I just wish there was the real brute force forward type in the rest, and, even though I’ve only watched videos, other than seeing Armstrong and Trainor live, I haven’t seen any of them look like that type of player, which is what North needs in our forward line.
Gerryn probably the closest, but even then he’s not a big pack marking type, could become though. Looks more Hawkins to me.
None of the talls have looked like top 5-10 prospect.
North’s luck has been whenever we’ve had a top pick there’s been no super KP player available in the open draft, other than the Phillips draft where we should’ve/could’ve taken MacDonald……jury still out on him, but Phillips looks a fair way off also. A mistake by us possibly.
Maybe the Cadman draft, but we were snookered there by JHF fiasco.

If north want him at two. Just take him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread and psuedo general draft discussion apparently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back