Toast Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Pods

Was quite good. Absolutely no reason why he won't stay in the team.

Mooney can lead up to the wings while Pods and the Hawk stay inside 50. When Mooney needs the rest swap roles with either of them.

3 talls could work very well

Can also use Mooney in the ruck to further utilize and justify the 3 talls bit.

Re: Who's that 28 year old debutant?

^ It's easy to criticise Mooney, but I don't think there is a great deal of difference between the two (except Pods can kick goals from a set shot within 30m of the goal). He wasn't exactly playing against a star studded backline today though.

Deserves to stay in the team and was good after he got over the initial nerves, but remember we were playing Freo who resorted to putting defenders half the size of their opponents onto our players at some points of the match.

^ It's easy to criticise Mooney, but I don't think there is a great deal of difference between the two (except Pods can kick goals from a set shot within 30m of the goal). He wasn't exactly playing against a star studded backline today though.

True but still 11 marks is pretty dam good, exactly what you need in your fwd 50 IMO. Sorry if it seems like I'm coming onto your board ripping on your players, that's not my intention :p.

No no I didn't mean that at all :)

It's just a lot of people are quick to dismiss Mooney as bad. Mooney's had matches where he's taken this many marks up forward as well, and while that many marks is a great thing it should be a little more expected then normal because of Freo's lack of hight in the backline today.

Great set of hands, and played well under huge pressure. Tough call for next week's game, he'll either miss out, or perhaps stay in if Blake is left out and Moons or Hawkins help's out in the ruck.

Quite sure Gamble will be axed for Mooney,Scarlett for wojo and blake/simpson for Ottens would like to see pods and djurrk have a extended run to see what they can do.

Sorry catman2006 but:

Out: Djerrkura
In: Rooke

Didn't see how Rooke went at casey last night but would think they will give him another week to get match fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's the case, by VFL reports:

Out: Djerrkura
In: Hogan

Yep i would be happy with that we need to start giving some fringe players game time, Hogan Varcoe Laidler Simpson should all get game time over next 3 months also happy with Duncan 1st interstate game didn't set world on fire but good learning curve .

The guy has gone and taken 11 marks, had 16 possessions and kicked 2 goals or something around that mark. Gee, I'd like to who Geelong can get to do that regularly.

A bloke that goes by the name of Mooney has done so for the past 3-4 years.

(overall, agree with the rest of your post though)

meto said:
I'm just tryig to recollect when was the last time a Geelong forward took 11 marks in a game. Big Billy maybe?

Mooney has taken 11 or more marks 15 times in his career. Last time was the 2009 Qualifying Final.

How can Mooney be the man who does it regularly then you say he has only done it 15 times in his career.

I'm a bit lost?

Thought he did really well in his first game. Imposing body size, led well, held his ground in marking contest and has got a good set of hands.
Agree with this analysis
He also positioned homself very well on the lead and was unlucky to have poor delivery at least twice - could have resulted in high percentage set shots.
Also did well considering he had McPharlin a lot of the time.
All in all a damn good debut once he overcame the initial nerves.

Geez some of you guys are tough on DJ. Duncan gets 2 more possessions than DJ and some of you had him in the votes. It wasn't one of his best performances but he deserves more than one game to show the selectors whether he can cut it. Byrnes did. Varcoe did. Wojo is......

Judging by Rizzo's assessment of Maxie his VFL form wouldn't justify a recall yet.

I liked him, he'll get better. I can see him kick a bag when the Cats are thrashing some helpless team, plus giving the other top teams a match up headache. All in all, a lot of promise. Plus over a hundred in supercoach for cheap player is Fine by me.:)

I liked him, he'll get better. I can see him kick a bag when the Cats are thrashing some helpless team, plus giving the other top teams a match up headache. All in all, a lot of promise. Plus over a hundred in supercoach for cheap player is Fine by me.:)

yeah l put on the ground in my super coach team this week as well:thumbsu: but his marking was really great to watch god his a big unit his going to tear some teams apart l hope its port this week go pods

Watching the game today and I must say, Podsiadly looks the goods. 11 Marks in a pressure game, including 6 contested for a Forward is a fantastic debut at AFL - at 18 or 28 years old.

Will be watching him through-out the year if he continues to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back