3DS Pokemon Sun/Moon [3DS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Was weird I evolved my abra to a kadabra and it didn't learn Confusion it's level 20 and still hasn't learnt it?

It gets Psybeam soon, weird that it gets no offensive moves til the 20s though.

I'm glad they tried something different regarding the gyms. Gyms were getting stale and 90 percent of them were a pushover with anything resembling a decent team.

Also good that npcs are smarter with their moves and have better pokemon in general. I'm playing with exp share off and already have gone through my roster of pokemon (4 atm) on a couple of occasions.

And the removal of HMS was long overdue.

Couple of things I don't like
1. The call feature is annoying when you are trying to catch a pokemon, though it can be used to get full evos and shiny pokemon in chains so I guess I'll be getting acquainted with it post game for the latter.

2. Yeah the first two hours dragged on, and the game thus far is a bit stop start. I don't take much notice of the stories in pokemon but it is easily the best region yet, full of life.

3. Alolan dugtrio, muk and Persian. Wish there were more alternative versions of more pokemon but considering the designs of these three, maybe not :p

Nah I've been enjoying it since the tutorial bullshit ended at the school. The start of the game is awful imo though. Catered entirely to new players with no alternative for those who know how to battle / use items / heal / press a button / tie your shoelaces.

Only reason I think they could have done this is for those who are getting back into the games after the Pokemon Go craze.

Just finished the first trial. Yeah the handholding at the start is annoying but its only for the start. Avoided spoilers so the Alolan forms are a cool new feature for me.

My only complaint is the lack of gyms but as Jagger said "you can't always get what you want"

I'm glad they tried something different regarding the gyms. Gyms were getting stale and 90 percent of them were a pushover with anything resembling a decent team.

Also good that npcs are smarter with their moves and have better pokemon in general. I'm playing with exp share off and already have gone through my roster of pokemon (4 atm) on a couple of occasions.

And the removal of HMS was long overdue.

Couple of things I don't like
1. The call feature is annoying when you are trying to catch a pokemon, though it can be used to get full evos and shiny pokemon in chains so I guess I'll be getting acquainted with it post game for the latter.

2. Yeah the first two hours dragged on, and the game thus far is a bit stop start. I don't take much notice of the stories in pokemon but it is easily the best region yet, full of life.

3. Alolan dugtrio, muk and Persian. Wish there were more alternative versions of more pokemon but considering the designs of these three, maybe not :p

I don't mind them trying something new, but they should have kept Gyms as an equivalent to Contests/Shows in earlier Gens that people could do if they wanted to but didn't need to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thing that's annoying me is wild Pokemon calling in help.

The idea is decent but it's extremely frustrating when trying to level up a low level Pokemon or when trying to catch the opposong Pokemon.
I don't mind it once - but being able to do it every turn is frustrating. Was trying to catch a Carbink last night and it was infuriating.
Turn 1: get it down to red health.
Turn 2: throw Poke Ball; breaks out of Poke Ball. Calls for help.
Turn 3: kill other Carbink.
Turn 4: breaks out of Great Ball. Calls for help.
Etc. Went on for about four calls for help before I finally caught the bastard. Named it Stinky. I was the moral victor.

I don't mind it once - but being able to do it every turn is frustrating. Was trying to catch a Carbink last night and it was infuriating.
Etc. Went on for about four calls for help before I finally caught the bastard. Named it Stinky. I was the moral victor.
My brother got caught in one of those loops yesterday with a Zubat, he was pulling his hair out.

Had the same thing happen to me but instead of other Carbinks, got Sableye. Killed Carbink out of frustration.

Nah I've been enjoying it since the tutorial bullshit ended at the school. The start of the game is awful imo though. Catered entirely to new players with no alternative for those who know how to battle / use items / heal / press a button / tie your shoelaces.

Sounds like it'll be perfect for my son. Got him the Pokemon 3DSXL for Xmas and will get him a copy of the game too. Will be his first foray into the world of Pokemon and will ease him into it.

I've never played it in my life, so wouldn't be able to help him in anyway :$

Remove this Banner Ad

3DS Pokemon Sun/Moon [3DS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back