3DS Pokemon Sun/Moon [3DS]

Remove this Banner Ad

I've finished the first trial. The first island is ass to be honest. Far too much hand holding and tutorial crap. Now I'm going back to find that lady who wanted me to have a spearow, the dude who wanted 10 types and that graveyard lady. :$

Then on to island 2!

I've finished the first trial. The first island is ass to be honest. Far too much hand holding and tutorial crap. Now I'm going back to find that lady who wanted me to have a spearow, the dude who wanted 10 types and that graveyard lady. :$

Then on to island 2!

Are there only 4 trials? I have no idea how this game is meant to last as long as usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So literally no one is enjoying this game?
Nah I've been enjoying it since the tutorial bullshit ended at the school. The start of the game is awful imo though. Catered entirely to new players with no alternative for those who know how to battle / use items / heal / press a button / tie your shoelaces.

Nah I've been enjoying it since the tutorial bullshit ended at the school. The start of the game is awful imo though. Catered entirely to new players with no alternative for those who know how to battle / use items / heal / press a button / tie your shoelaces.

It's stupid when you consider that 90% of people playing this game have played a Pokemon game before. Like honestly, how many 7/8 year olds are picking this up as a first time experience?

It's stupid when you consider that 90% of people playing this game have played a Pokemon game before. Like honestly, how many 7/8 year olds are picking this up as a first time experience?
I don't mind that they do it; they need to make sure new players have some idea of what's going on. There needs to be a way to skip it or speed it up for more experienced players though. There's no excuse for forcing people through an hour of tutorials.

The really frustrating thing for me is that this has been cited as a weakness of the franchise for generations now, and GF respond by increasing the amount of hand-holding each gen.

The first island takes a while to get through and is basically a big tutorial.

Once you get to the second island though the game opens up again and is a lot more like the older games and becomes a lot more enjoyable again. I think it's been pretty good so far overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

3DS Pokemon Sun/Moon [3DS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back