Poll Hodge versus Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Ummm Viper I apologise for not posting in a language you can follow, let me try again:

Woof Woof, growl, meow, purr, woof, ooooooo, meow, woof.

If I hear that twit Brereton tell us what a freak Williams is and what a good kid Hodge is I will spew. Brereton is a ****ing twit and and repeats himself over and over. Worst special comments in the biz. And as a judge of footballer, he loves Trent Croad, uff said.

Hodge has done noting, Didak has done a bit more. For you viper, woof, meow, purr, grrrrr, woof, woof.

Morgoth grow a brain. Jesus, Hodge is a thousand times the player Dykedak will ever be.

Williams, kicks goals at will. Brereton blleds brown and gold.

Hodge is one of hte best kids going around. Haha and too think that Port didnt think Dykedak and a draft pick was a good enough trade for Stevens - who isnt much chop either.

Originally posted by Joel
Come back to me when Hodge has played in a final, and performed. Didak for mine. Kicked 3 goals in the GF, and multiple goals in the other finals. Hodge hasn't done ****.

his goals were in junk time where was he when the game was there to be won? mising like the rest of the side

some one on here said a while ago that the forward pocket types have a really short shelf life unless they are able to start playing on ball at young age. this is why didak doesnt have many years left 5 at most probably, where as ball is a tough nut who can play anywhere and if he can get fit will rip the competition apart. he was chosen over judd and luke ball so that shows the talent he has so with a bit luck he could well be what the hawks need to get firing again

Yeah you must be right Jacqui, Hodge is a freak and Williams kicks goals at will, how is the premiership cup going? Runners-up, finalist? Nope, gee they must be SOOOOO good!

Originally posted by Hodgie_15
Give him the opportunity (next year) and then we will revisit this. Nathan Buckley 2 years ago hadn't played finals does that make him a worse player???:confused:

That's funny. I remember on here two years ago that people were willing to judge a player's ability on whether or not they had performed in finals. The standard remark was; 'he hasn't played in finals, so he hasn't proved anything yet'. The player in that case was Nathan Buckley.

Yet, when the shoe is on the other foot, the people that argued that, that siort of remark was cobblewash, now aren't allowed to use the same argument. Pure hypocrisy.

Originally posted by Professional
Voss = 3 Premierships.
Hird = 2 Premierships.
Buckley = Footy Show awards.

Yes Buckley has no premiership medals like the others but he has a Brownlow. I suppose that was pre arranged by the footy show as well. If they had they would have let him win by himself not with 2 others.

That's funny. I remember on here two years ago that people were willing to judge a player's ability on whether or not they had performed in finals. The standard remark was; 'he hasn't played in finals, so he hasn't proved anything yet'. The player in that case was Nathan Buckley.

Yet, when the shoe is on the other foot, the people that argued that, that siort of remark was cobblewash, now aren't allowed to use the same argument. Pure hypocrisy.

No hypocrisy from me. I still stand by that train of thought.

And in the two player comparison here, Didak has played finals; Hodge hasn't. Does that make Didak the better player? No. Otherwise You could say Aaron Keating was better than Nathan Buckley in '97.

What I can tell you is that Didak wasn't that flash in the finals. Kicked a great goal in the first final, but was lucky. He was un-manned because he came straight off the bench, received a pass, and had no one in cooee of him. Great long shot on his left, but spare me by not saying he had a good finals series.

His goals in the GF came in junk time with the game well and truly lost. Where was he earlier when you guys needed him?

The question is: "Who would you rather on your club list?" If you'd rather Alan Didak - as talented and flashy as he is - I am glad you aren't in control of an AFL club, because you have no eye for talent.

Luke Skywalker anytime. :cool: Us Hawks will be laughing when he is the new Voss.

The Hitman

Us Hawks will be laughing when he is the new Voss. -some hawks loser

ha ha. Just remember, you are the 'family team'. Nuff said.

p.s. I know of at least one young player at Hawthorn who says its so bad down at Glenferrie that he cant wait to get traded when his contract ends next year. Im not lying either.

Originally posted by jacqui9
Morgoth grow a brain. Jesus, Hodge is a thousand times the player Dykedak will ever be.

Williams, kicks goals at will. Brereton blleds brown and gold.

Hodge is one of hte best kids going around. Haha and too think that Port didnt think Dykedak and a draft pick was a good enough trade for Stevens - who isnt much chop either.

Dykedak? Wow, did it take you a while to think that up?

They both will be terrific players in my opinion, and it's most likely bias that makes me think Didak has more improvement in him.

Given the amount of discussion about the Stevens non-trade, I'd think everyone would have known by now that Didak and first pick was enough for Port - Didak was asked and said he'd rather stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by morgoth
Yeah Didak is a crap kick, that is why his kicking style is used by the AIS as an example of the correct way to kick the ball.

Hodge has done absolutely nothing in the AFL , apparently he played a few good ones in the VFL but that is about it. Maybe he will be better but at this stage in terms of actual performance Didak has played finals and helped win them.

Hodge is just another Dermie/Dunstall over-hyped player who has not done a thing, up their with the 'altletic freak who cannot get a kick' Williams.

got us back in the game against melbourne and port

when did he get beatin in the backline, when he playing on players such as archer and cornes???

didak reminds me aof hudson,,,,,, ********

how many goals did he kick from getting a handball to him when his all by himself in the goal square???

stupid thread

Originally posted by moe sizlak

p.s. I know of at least one young player at Hawthorn who says its so bad down at Glenferrie that he cant wait to get traded when his contract ends next year. Im not lying either.

ha

fool,,,, have you been to glenferrie???

Come back to me when Hodge has played in a final, and performed. Didak for mine. Kicked 3 goals in the GF, and multiple goals in the other finals. Hodge hasn't done ****.
so judd, riewoldt, pavlich don't match up to didak either i suppose? judd and pavlich have played ordinarily in finals, while riewoldt can't even get there. they haven't proved themselves?

Originally posted by moe sizlak

Face it, Hodge is the better player. He's harder, a natural onfield leader and highly skilled. Seems the vast majority of people on this site agree with me as well. We're not saying Didak isn't a good player, just he's not as good as Hodge.

As for being the family club, why would we forget it? Its something to be proud of.

As for your hot inside tip, is your name Suzi?

One question, what has Hodge actually done to show how good he is?
A VFL Grand Final? He has so far been injury prone. He is an excellent left foot kick. He has not proven he can play midfield yet. Don't say he hasn't had a preseason as he missed them because of injury.

Didak = 7 things he has done - 5 goals against hawks last year (2002), 2003 QF kicked two goals from near or on boundary on wrong side for left footer. For people who say Didak has crap skills, he was rated one of the best kicks to come through the AIS.

Who has done the most so far: Didak.

Who will be the better player IMO: Hodge comfortably.

Who would I prefer in my team: Hodge by the length of.....yeah you get it.

Originally posted by richie_cole#13
One question, what has Hodge actually done to show how good he is?
A VFL Grand Final? He has so far been injury prone. He is an excellent left foot kick. He has not proven he can play midfield yet. Don't say he hasn't had a preseason as he missed them because of injury.

You haven't seen Luke Hodge play much, have you? He has been injury prone, yep, no denying it. He hasn't had a full pre-season, which is a contributing factor to why he hasn't been played in the centre yet. To repeat what I said earlier, to watch him on the ground, he reads the play well, kicks long with either foot, is a good contested grab, plays tall, is hard at the football, good below his knees and was a leader on the park in his second season of senior football. And when North Melbourne decided to rough us up because their coach told them to "hate the opposition" Hodge stood toe to toe with Glenn Archer after he'd been dishing out a bit of treatment (as he does) and had a few words to him about it. That says something to me, and he's only 19.

Originally posted by richie_cole#13
Didak = 7 things he has done - 5 goals against hawks last year (2002), 2003 QF kicked two goals from near or on boundary on wrong side for left footer. For people who say Didak has crap skills, he was rated one of the best kicks to come through the AIS.

So Didak has kicked 7 goals. Woohoo! Thats his job, he's a forward pocket! Come back to me when he's kicked another 1247 goals and we can talk. Hodge has played on a half back flank, so not surprisingly, he hasn't kicked too many goals. What he has done is show he flat out knows how to play and will be a player for a great number of years to come. And I, and most people who've voted on this poll, believe he will be a better player than Didak.

It'd probably be just as easy to call the poll "do you barrack for Collingwood or not." It'd bring up a similar result.

On the other hand, I recall a similar poll a couple of years ago comparing Tarrant and Croad. I think Croad won that one pretty comfortably at the time, and there wouldn't be too many takers for Croad right now.

These polls tell us nothing apart from people's biases.

moistie
hodge hasn't had a pre season because of his injuries.

scott burns didn't have a preseason for ages because of injuries and it has cost him big time. the last two years he has had one nd he has been brilliant.

injuries will cost hodge big time and restrict him becoming as good as he could be. if he wasn't injury prone then i would agree that he has more potential than didak, but thats why he was taken number one in the draft and didak at 3.

Hodge is currently a better footballer than Didak.

They both have the potential to improve, and only time will tell who finishes up their careers as the better player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poll Hodge versus Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back