Poll Hodge versus Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

We've clearly gotten more value out of a #3 pick than a #1 pick so far. There is no reason to say Hodge will be better going on what Ive seen. He has the edge in leadership and courage but thats about it. And to say he is a better kick than Didak is laughable.

When Hodge starts drilling goals from the boundary 60 out and actually influencing some games rather than just kicking the odd piercing kick out of defense as a loose man be sure to alert me.

Originally posted by Lockyer24
We've clearly gotten more value out of a #3 pick than a #1 pick so far. There is no reason to say Hodge will be better going on what Ive seen. He has the edge in leadership and courage but thats about it. And to say he is a better kick than Didak is laughable.

When Hodge starts drilling goals from the boundary 60 out and actually influencing some games rather than just kicking the odd piercing kick out of defense as a loose man be sure to alert me.

Wont argue that you've gotten more value in terms of playing time from Didak so far, sure. But, why do you keep referring to goal kicking? Sure, its a string to Didaks bow, but Hodge has played as a backman, so you cannot expect him to be kicking goals consistently. Its been his job so far to stop goals, not kick them. As for kicking one from the boundary from 60 odd out, as far as I know, Hodge really hasn't had the chance, and if he was in that position he would most likely do the team thing and be looking for someone in a better position to score rather than taking a shot himself.

The fact Collingwood wasted a top 3 pick on a soft goal sneak is laughable.

Every one of your comments shows how little you know of Hodge.

You want influence? There are seven games this year off the top of my head that Hodge signficantly influenced in ways Didak couldn't possibly.

Wanna know why? Because Hodge was played at FB, CHB, HBF, FF, FP, and on the wing. Because Hodge was showing grunt and LEADERSHIP, not show ponying around, because Hodge was standing toe to toe with the likes of Glenn Archer whist Didak was leading into the precision kicks of Buckley and Tarrant. Because Hodge has shut down key forwards, destroyed defenders and beaten opponents in the midfield.

Hodge finished top six in our B&F in his FIRST year, despite playing only 15 games, away from his preferred position.

Oh and for the record, season 2003 Brownlow; Hodge 4 votes, (top five for Hawks), Didak 0 votes behind a list of over a dozen players. Career votes, Hodge 5, Didak 0.

Yeah, REALLY rips games apart that Didak...

Get your facts right buddy, Didak is a good player, but not in Hodge's class.

Dids is worrying a lot more opposition, in a stronger team, than Hodge-lockyer24

Well said.
I dont really care about who is better, i know that is the thread.. but lets face it they're both going to be guns.

What i do care about is ignorant Hawthorn supporters who dismiss Didak as a goal fluke.

Ive seen Hodge play one great game...

...in the VFL.
He murdered us in Rd 16 this year.

He has had many great games in his career to date - I'm a fan.

Didak was a bit of a waste of a Top 3 pick, but when you consider that Luke Livingston was the pick after him... you can forgive Collingwood.

Didak a waste of a #3 pick?
That really is ignorant , in 2004 I'd like to see him destroying inferior teams(your melbourne'sCarltons etc)and becoming more influential against quality , rather than slip in and out of games.
At 20(another sign of your ignorance) he's ready to take a further step.
Malthouse should give him a hand in this progression by starting him on the ground more often.

who cares who is the better player, they get assigned to certain tasks, they do them, or they would be back in the vfl. didak isnt a forward pocket player, he should be played in the center and he will be, as will hodge. he has to play down back as your lack of quality, hodge will be a scott burns/ robert harvey type, and i think didak will be an ackermanis type. both are great kicks, but i believe didak is better currently because he is very damaging at the end of the game boping up for hard goals, making space etc. both very smart, both can handpass and take a good mark. to say didak is weak is a joke, try watching and see who is the guy wrestling with the scotts, barry hall etc. but i know hodge is tough aswell, but unless they fight, its all just talk. wait till there both playing in there proper positions before you rate who is better. brownlow votes dont mean **** unless you win them, more so when one finished 2nd the other 9th. lets compare judd with cooney then????? name a player that has played brilliantly every game for there first 3 years? even the Judd has had some very very shocking games. but by saying that, i dont know as much about hodge as didak, but i know enough to tell you that making a poll about guys that are currently playing at opposite sides of the ground is a joke, wait till 2004/05.

Fraser was a waste of a number 1 pick and Didak was a waste of a number 3 pick, yet both are first 22 players and Collingwood are the second best team in the AFL as measured objectively by 2 years of results. A couple more of these wastes of picks would suit me fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by MarkT
Fraser was a waste of a number 1 pick and Didak was a waste of a number 3 pick, yet both are first 22 players and Collingwood are the second best team in the AFL as measured objectively by 2 years of results. A couple more of these wastes of picks would suit me fine.

Spot on, well said.

Why does every one think hodge is better? You have to be out on the ground to be better and so far Hodge hasn't been. You can say he is a better kick and a tougher player but he hasn't proved himself yet.

Didak has proved how good kick he is, two goals in the QF have already proved that. He plays as (at the moment) the number one forward pocket in the second best team. Hodge plays (when he's not injured) as the third or fourth defender at the ninth or tenth best club. 40 odd goals by a twenty year old is an excellent effort.

Originally posted by RooDog

who cares they are both overrated hacks that go with clive as 3 of the worst ever top 3 picks!!

Shhhh dont have a go at him, he has an excuse........ his from ADELAIDE!!!!

Originally posted by MarkT
I'm certain he didn't say Dunstall was over rated. he quite correctly said a few Hawks are talked up by Dunstal and Dermie (on MMM in the main). Williams being a weekly event late in the season.

Sorry, I mis-interpreted what he was saying.

To the people who have never mis-read something in their life (you know who you are)...get a life.

I actually agree that they over-hype some guys at the club because they are directly involved. Their bias is obvious..particularly how Dermie always went on about Williams, and also Barlow being the best set shot in the team.

I'm sorry I read your post wrong morgoth...but seriously, when it comes to credibility your maturity has really shown out as being your greatest downfall.

Mein Gott, you must be knew, maturity is not a requirement on this site! If you want good meaningful discussion don't come to big footy. Sure you get the occassional reasonable discussion but it is like finding a diamond in a pile of coal.

Originally posted by richie_cole#13
Why does every one think hodge is better? You have to be out on the ground to be better and so far Hodge hasn't been. You can say he is a better kick and a tougher player but he hasn't proved himself yet.

Hodge's career, two years, 30 games.
Didak's first two years 24 games. Overall Didak 49 games, ave 16.33 a year, Hodge 15 a year.

If Hodge is never on the field then neither is Didak. At least Hodge has been an automatic selection since his debut, Didak was in and out of the side his first two years.

Originally posted by richie_cole#13

Didak has proved how good kick he is, two goals in the QF have already proved that. He plays as (at the moment) the number one forward pocket in the second best team. Hodge plays (when he's not injured) as the third or fourth defender at the ninth or tenth best club. 40 odd goals by a twenty year old is an excellent effort.

You don't quite get it do you? What is Didak's competition for a place in the FP? One Leon "donuts" Davis. Even then Didak often starts on the bench.

Stop lauding your own player, statistically and logically Hodge is miles in front and the gap will only continue to increase.

This is pretty much a thread for all the Hawks fans that had a terrible year and want to cling on to the only shining light they have.

Hodge is class.
Didak is class.

who friggin cares, there both very different players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poll Hodge versus Didak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back