Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 256 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 145 36.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get how the anti vaxxers trivialise the impact of Covid on some people and mock those who get vaccinated. There have been two examples in the last page or so of people who have been / are quite sick with it.

Good for you and anyone who only gets a 'sniffle' when they catch it but how can you not recognise that it can be a serious disease and show sympathy for people who are seriously affected?

I don't get how the anti vaxxers trivialise the impact of Covid on some people and mock those who get vaccinated. There have been two examples in the last page or so of people who have been / are quite sick with it.

Good for you and anyone who only gets a 'sniffle' when they catch it but how can you not recognise that it can be a serious disease and show sympathy for people who are seriously affected?
I'd ask the same of those who trivialise the impact vaccine side effects have had on some people.

Good for people, like me, who had the vaccine and it didn't impact them but how can you not recognise that it did cause side effects to some (minority, probably vast minority) of some people and show sympathy for them?

Instead it's "well it was only a handful and it was for the greater good."

Truly bizarre.

I'd ask the same of those who trivialise the impact vaccine side effects have had on some people.

Good for people, like me, who had the vaccine and it didn't impact them but how can you not recognise that it did cause side effects to some (minority, probably vast minority) of some people and show sympathy for them?

Instead it's "well it was only a handful and it was for the greater good."

Truly bizarre.
I don't hear people trivialising the effects vaccination has had on some people or mocking people who choose not to be vaccinated. Not saying it doesn't happen at all but the antivaxxers are way more vocal.
I think any decent people would be sympathetic to people who get reaction to a vaccination. Though some aren't sympathetic to anything.

In the first 12 months of the Covid-19 jabs being available, Australians had a reported 53,297,217 doses.
In the past 12 months, Australians have had 3,542,981 (or there abouts 16/6/23-21/6/24).

Given all the propaganda and pushing by lobbyists, Big Pharma and our government, if the jabs really were safe and effective, the public would still be choosing to get these jabs voluntarily.
But those statistics are all the evidence one needs to understand that our vaccine-hesitant population was coerced and pressured in to taking an experimental medication that they did NOT want to take.

In the first 12 months of the Covid-19 jabs being available, Australians had a reported 53,297,217 doses.
In the past 12 months, Australians have had 3,542,981 (or there abouts 16/6/23-21/6/24).

Given all the propaganda and pushing by lobbyists, Big Pharma and our government, if the jabs really were safe and effective, the public would still be choosing to get these jabs voluntarily.
But those statistics are all the evidence one needs to understand that our vaccine-hesitant population was coerced and pressured in to taking an experimental medication that they did NOT want to take.
That’s a very simplistic analysis, you’ve made assumptions there about conscious behaviours. I think you can see them as safe and prudent but also personally be complacent and no longer prioritise them.

Last edited:
That’s a very simplistic analysis, you’ve made assumptions there about conscious behaviours. I think you can see them as safe and prudent but also personally be complacent and no longer prioritise them.

Almost twice as many people got the flu shot in the past 12 months.
So no, that analysis is not being simplistic.

And in totally unrelated news.

This graph is from one of our government websites pushing their propaganda for measles vaccinations and you can clearly see measles deaths were declining dramatically prior to any introduction of an immunisation program;

1719027160398.png

As part of their sell, they even state, "... while in the previous 2 decades (between 1956 and 1975) there were 356 measles deaths".
Those numbers are immaterial and not even something we should be concerned about.
Your chances of dying in a car accident are still over 50 times more likely today than were your chances of dying from measles pre-vaccination in the 1960s.

Please stop pushing this fear mongering propaganda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do I care? You are the one constantly keeping people up to date on your jabs and name call anyone who doesn't feel the need to get vaxxed anymore.

This one's on you
Wrong poster knackers. I haven’t updated anyone on anything cause I haven’t gotten a booster since we were required to. Just think anyone getting bent out of shape about those who do is a clown… guess I’ve been proven right here

Wrong poster knackers. I haven’t updated anyone on anything cause I haven’t gotten a booster since we were required to. Just think anyone getting bent out of shape about those who do is a clown… guess I’ve been proven right here

Another poster who enjoys name calling and is delusional

Yes mate. Got it on one. You sniff out the truth wherever it be. Rest now.
There’s been some research done into why some people get it, badly or mildly, or not at all, and yes, Chief, they did a sniff test 🤥. It’s to do with the passage of the virus through the nose, where a gene determines what happens from there.

I’ll look for the article about it.

There’s been some research done into why some people get it, badly or mildly, or not at all, and yes, Chief, they did a sniff test 🤥. It’s to do with the passage of the virus through the nose, where a gene determines what happens from there.

I’ll look for the article about it.
Here you go.
38 pages
'Human SARS-CoV-2 challenge uncovers local and systemic response dynamics
Received: 24 February 2023
Accepted: 16 May 2024
Published online: 19 June 2024'

Last edited:
Putting it into context - millions of lives saved versus a handful of reactions and complications leading to death - is not trivialising it.

No medical treatment is 100% without risks. None.

The more ghoulish response has been to parade vaccine issues around for clicks and cash, and minimise Covid deaths as faked.

Each persons life meant something to them and their loved ones.

But the alternative would have been many, many more Covid related deaths. The data supports this unequivocally.

Too funny
Do you need an engineering degree to accept the reasons behind a bridge collapse? No. You listen to the people who know and can support their conclusions with facts.

This is true. So why do you ignore the facts?
I listen to the people who know and can support their conclusions with facts.

Give me an example of someone you listen to that you think supports their conclusions with facts.

I listen to the people who know and can support their conclusions with facts.

Give me an example of someone you listen to that you think supports their conclusions with facts.

Just because Dr Norman Swan is still begging you to get another vax doesn't mean all doctors agree with him.

Many don't

Putting it into context - millions of lives saved versus a handful of reactions and complications leading to death - is not trivialising it.

No medical treatment is 100% without risks. None.

The more ghoulish response has been to parade vaccine issues around for clicks and cash, and minimise Covid deaths as faked.

Each persons life meant something to them and their loved ones.

But the alternative would have been many, many more Covid related deaths. The data supports this unequivocally.
Been more side effects than those that lead to death Chief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Back