Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to the polls. Morgan and Essential have been released over the past few days.

Morgan

Primaries:

L/NP: 47 (+0.5)
ALP: 28.5 (+1)
GRN: 14.5 (-1)

Two-party preferred:

L/NP: 56.5 (+0.5)
ALP: 43.5 (-0.5)

Essential

Primaries:

L/NP: 45
ALP: 34 (-1)
GRN: 11
Other/Independent: 9 (+1)

Two-party preferred:

L/NP: 53
ALP: 47

Most trusted to handle the economy:

Morrison: 27 (-2 compared to Hockey)
Bowen: 18 (-5)
Don't know: 56 (+9)

Cant go to the polls now without outlining their GST policy. It will take a while to develop, if it can be at all.

don't do that and they are open to the mother of all scare campaigns

Nov 9

CTZDg7SUkAAhVDB.png

Pretty remarkable turnaround in the polls.

Even more amazing if the libs wins an election with the the platform of a consumption tax....again.

They have timed the knifing of Abbott perfectly. Too close to the next election to kick out shorten without labor looking like arse clowns to the electorate imo.

Ipsos
Primaries:

L/NP: 48 (+3)
ALP: 29 (-1)
GRN: 13 (-1)

Two-party preferred:

L/NP: 56 (+3)
ALP: 44 (-3)

Approval ratings (Approve/Disapprove):

Turnbull: 69 (+1) / 16 (-1)
Shorten: 29 (-3) / 57 (+1)

Preferred PM:

Turnbull: 69 (+2)
Shorten: 18 (-3)

Morgan

Primaries:

L/NP: 46 (-1)
ALP: 28 (-0.5)
GRN: 14.5 (0)
KAP: 2 (+1)

Two-party preferred:

L/NP: 56 (-0.5)
ALP: 44 (+0.5)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have their been any further polls on preferred Labor leader? If Labor were to change, is Albo the man with the people notwithstanding Plibersek probably has the strength internally? Or would the gap between Turnbull and anybody they install just equate to political suicide?

Have their been any further polls on preferred Labor leader? If Labor were to change, is Albo the man with the people notwithstanding Plibersek probably has the strength internally? Or would the gap between Turnbull and anybody they install just equate to political suicide?

Oct 23rd Morgan poll (not sure why they offered Swan as an option):

Preferred ALP leader (All voters):
Shorten - 9
Plibersek - 27
Albo - 23
Swan - 10

Amongst ALP Voters:
Shorten - 10
Plibersek - 34
Albo - 21
Swan - 12

http://www.roymorgan.com/findings/6519-preferred-leaders-liberal-labor-october-2015-201510230327

I think Albo would be at countering Turnbull, although not even he would be able to erode Turnbull's popularity at the moment.

Shorten seems to be the Simon Crean of politics. Fairly innocuous and only a chance against a really on the nose opponent. Albo would have to get in on policies and likeability and the attacks have to stop. This was an unlosable election for Labor before Turnbull came in. They are just coasting towards another term in opposition because they spent too much time chasing Abbott and Hockey and now they are gone instead of building their own substance. I think Albo is likeable and can talk. Is he dynamic and statesmanlike enough? I don't see it.

Shorten seems to be the Simon Crean of politics. Fairly innocuous and only a chance against a really on the nose opponent. Albo would have to get in on policies and likeability and the attacks have to stop. This was an unlosable election for Labor before Turnbull came in. They are just coasting towards another term in opposition because they spent too much time chasing Abbott and Hockey and now they are gone instead of building their own substance. I think Albo is likeable and can talk. Is he dynamic and statesmanlike enough? I don't see it.

Pity more of those types dont get the top job

Already started
Will get cranked up more as an election date gets closer

Current poll. Over 50% of people support a gst increase in principle if low income people are compensated

Sounds all too much like a carbon tax, that ended well. And people were actually compensated with that

Maybe the alp should agree to it provided there is a cooling off period and we can vote it out after a year

Harsh on Shorten, Crean was an absolute dud, his ideas on industry policy were similar to those of Kim Carr. Kim Beazley maybe?

Just in terms of being vanilla, not a lot of personality. I really liked Beazley. If his time was now, he'd have a better chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Polls Thread Mk III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back