IntheNet

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2005
God's Nation
Other Teams
DCU/Blackburn Rovers
Pope Says Embryos Have Rights From Conception
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060227/hl_nm/pope_embryos_dc
VATICAN CITY Pope Benedict on Monday reaffirmed Catholic teaching that life begins at the moment of conception, saying embryos are "sacred and inviolable" even before they become implanted in a mother's uterus.
The Pope made his comments in an address to the Pontifical Academy for Life, which is hosting an international congress on scientific aspects and bioethical considerations of "The Human Embryo Before Implantation." He added: "This moral judgment is valid from the start of the life of an embryo, even before it is implanted in the maternal womb."

I post this news as a follow-up to several threads on this topic where is issue arose... did I mention that I love this Pope? His word has real meaning to the world at large today!

IntheNet

OK if you "love the Pope" you must also "love worker's rights"

Pope speaks up for workers' rights

03 May 2005 15:11

Pope Benedict XVI delivered his first Sunday blessing at the weekend and appealed for the protection of workers' rights.
A crowd of nearly 100,000 gathered in St Peter's Square, including thousands of trade unionists who were in Rome for May Day labour celebrations.

The pope called for "Christian fraternity... in the workplace and in social life so that solidarity, justice and peace may be pillars on which to build the unity of the Christian family".
"I hope that work will not be lacking, especially for young people, and that working conditions will respect always the dignity of the human person," he said.

Your President should heed the call - don't think neo-liberalism fits that bill somehow

Who gives a flying **** what an old fool in fancy dress says about ANYTHING??? Should be more worried about the kiddie fiddlers still amongst his warped flock of suckers.

finders said:
Who gives a flying **** what an old fool in fancy dress says about ANYTHING??? Should be more worried about the kiddie fiddlers still amongst his warped flock of suckers.

Kiddy fiddlers and homosexuals were the first on his list of people whom he is clearing the church of

evo said:
So you're back on the Pope bandwagon CM I see-And they reckon Richmond supporters are fickle,we've got nothing on leftist catholics.:D

Evo I thought about becoming a baptist when I heard he got elected.

He had been responsible for the ex-communication or silencing of all my theological heros - however, he has proved himself a much more tolerant Pope than he was a Cardinal Head of the Office of the Propogation of the Faith - no one is more surprised than me!!!!

For example he met with his left wing nemesis Hans Kung who was teetering on the edge of ex-communication under the Polak

Contra Mundum said:
Evo I thought about becoming a baptist when I heard he got elected.

He had been responsible for the ex-communication or silencing of all my theological heros - however, he has proved himself a much more tolerant Pope than he was a Cardinal Head of the Office of the Propogation of the Faith - no one is more surprised than me!!!!

For example he met with his left wing nemesis Hans Kung who was teetering on the edge of ex-communication under the Polak
Gee you're easy to please these days,must be mellowing with age.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well he is the boss, and Catholics can take heed if they like.

Does he want funerals for miscarriages?

skipper kelly said:
Miscarriages can be very traumatic times FF.

I'm not denying that. But if life is sacred from conception, then surely a catholic who loses a 9 week old embryo should be having a funeral? I mean there are a massive number of miscarriages in the early terms of pregnancy, and I doubt if many of them are given a funeral, sacraments etc.

funkyfreo said:
I'm not denying that. But if life is sacred from conception, then surely a catholic who loses a 9 week old embryo should be having a funeral? I mean there are a massive number of miscarriages in the early terms of pregnancy, and I doubt if many of them are given a funeral, sacraments etc.

It might eventuate. I dont see a problem with it.

funkyfreo said:
Does he want funerals for miscarriages?

We command thy servants soul to thee

toilet.jpg

skipper kelly said:
It might eventuate. I dont see a problem with it.

I would imagine that many Catholic women who know they have had an early term misscarriage would be unhappy with an expectation that to satisfy their religion they are expected to have a funeral and get a priest to perform some sort of sacrament on something that is exiting a sewer outlet 1.5kms to sea.

Bombers 2003 said:
So he can fiddle with the kiddies in Rome,eh?

Cardinal Law did not himself kiddie fiddlers - he protected them but!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pontifical Academy for Life/Pope Benedict/Life Begins at Conception

Remove this Banner Ad

Back