Melbourne Protests:Land Forces 2024 International Land Defence Exposition

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think that might be one goal of protesters? To alert people to what is happening?
I suspect if the average Australian wasn't struggling to keep a roof over thier head or put food on the the table they might care more.

In times of struggle people become insular. They look after themselves first.

I suspect if the average Australian wasn't struggling to keep a roof over thier head or put food on the the table they might care more.

In times of struggle people become insular. They look after themselves first.
So these protesters - are they just looking after themselves?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

“If you want peace, prepare for war.”
So said Roman author Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus in the fourth century AD.
The phrase presents the insight that the conditions of peace are often preserved by a readiness to make war to defend said peace when the need arises.
I think they are selling stuff that is being used for more than "preparation".

ah so you just call people with different opinions to you as 'cookers', regardless of the meaning of the word - I haven't espoused anything conspiratorial at all

do you also say things you don't like 'woke' even if it doesn't really have anything to do with it

It's fine if you don't agree with anything I write, but don't go changing the meaning of words for the sake of it
Bit like you calling everyone here a "bootlicker" that disagrees with you

So these protesters - are they just looking after themselves?
They mostly young university aged people.
Theyre in a position where they can worry about other things.

Once they move out of that phase of life thier ability to worry about things outside of thier life diminishes.

Some will be lucky enough that they will be comfortable in life to continue to worry about things like this. Unfortunately that's a minority of people and that reflects in the polling and at the ballot box.

Once they move out of that phase of life thier ability to worry about things outside of thier life diminishes.

Some will be lucky enough that they will be comfortable in life to continue to worry about things like this. Unfortunately that's a minority of people and that reflects in the polling and at the ballot box.
So poor and working class people are absolutely self-centred?

Thr protestors are generally all about themselves first, the actual cause a very distant second.
How many of them have you spoken to in order to come to this conclusion?

That's a really odd statement, implying that you have to be "comfortable in life" to care about issues.

That's a really odd statement, implying that you have to be "comfortable in life" to care about issues.
If you have a well paying job and are comfortable you're not exactly worrying about paying the mortgage, paying the bills or putting food on the table are you?

So poor and working class people are absolutely self-centred?
No. At least not by choice. If you're struggling to make ends meet you're going to be more worried about how you're paying the mortgage or what can you buy at the supermarket. External things are going to be given less of a priority.
It will be things like:
"I'd like the join the protest on insert cause but I need the overtime to pay the bills"
"I'd like to donate money but need that to pay for groceries this week"

It's the unfortunate reality of the world we current live in and it sucks. It's not the first time we have been here and it won't be the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have a well paying job and are comfortable you're not exactly worrying about paying the mortgage, paying the bills or putting food on the table are you?
And if you are worrying about those things, you can still care passionately about issues. Whilst the reverse equally applies - you can be well off in life and not give a **** about any issues.

Anyway, your position in life and caring about issues are not mutually exclusive, as you seem to be inferring.

And if you are worrying about those things, you can still care passionately about issues. Whilst the reverse equally applies - you can be well off in life and not give a **** about any issues.

Anyway, your position in life and caring about issues are not mutually exclusive, as you seem to be inferring.
Well they certainly don’t care about the well being of animals or police all these parasites achieved was being laughed at by Australians who watched these clowns in action yesterday.

Personally, I'd love to see what the bloke who was trying to front up to a cop was doing in the minutes leading up to being pushed.

If it was some drunk yobbo that'd been ejected from a nightclub, trying to square up to a bouncer and the same thing happened, most would think that person was an idiot.
A bouncer does not represent the government.

It's called being perceptive.. you guys are right inside the religion so of course don't get it.

Actually its pretty obvious really..
So - none. You could have just said that.

Anyway, making generalizations isn't being perceptive, it's just straight out ignorance.

Speaking of ignorance, there's your assessment of me........

They might not be but your position in life does dictate what you prioritize.
Of course, and it depends on the issue in question too.

For instance, I doubt if there would be any class distinction in people caring about DV.

WRT this issue, it's bigger picture and because it doesn't directly affect anyone (ie people being blown up overseas) and because the mainstream media doesn't focus on it (as it does with DV) I'm sure people care less as a result - regardless of whether they are well off or the reverse.

Protesters left there houses that morning, with projectiles, bags of vomit, bags of feces and other weapons.... What do you think they were going to be used for?
Blaming the police for what happened yesterday and absolving the stupidity of a number of protesters is delusional.
Can you provide a link to demonstrate the bolded?

Well they certainly don’t care about the well being of animals or police all these parasites achieved was being laughed at by Australians who watched these clowns in action yesterday.
Do you have a wider interest in animal welfare outside of this specific protest? If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Can you provide a link to demonstrate the bolded?
My eyes are the link, I watched the balaclava led individuals hurling projectiles from there backpacks. Was on a walk around the city when it unfolded.

Granted I hightailed it out of there before I saw the feces and vomit.. but its been reported in multiple avenues

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Protests:Land Forces 2024 International Land Defence Exposition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back