AFLW Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 1 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good last quarter. Very solid result really. Would take a 2.2 loss every day of the week. Convert those 2 late shots from the pockets and we've taken them right to the wire.

Good to see the growth, another few talented players injected into this group and we should absolutely be able to compete with the best.

Can't understand the theory behind stuffing Lamb on a hff. Better off letting our younger kids sit on the outside.

Umpiring was just embarrassing really. Yeah of course they deserved plenty of them, but it was just all one way. Often also just calling key moments completely wrong and always in the Crows favour.

Not the result we wanted but can take a lot from that game. We lost by 14. Was there at least 2 goals in the umpiring? Id say so. Did Adelaide play at their best or at elite level? Probably no also. So there is still a way to go.

I reckon we win quite a few this year if the new girls can settle in to it. Brooksby and Window in particular looked a bit nervy but like they'll have more to offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Syme and goody with strong debuts

I was expecting more from window. Hopefully that comes soon.

We lack quality runners / users off the halfback line. We’re not generating much if any drive.

Also need more scoring threats in the forward half, some quick dangerous kicks. We’re entirely reliant on Houghton saint teakle to win contests and make something happen.

We lack quality runners / users off the halfback line. We’re not generating much if any drive.

Also need more scoring threats in the forward half, some quick dangerous kicks. We’re entirely reliant on Houghton saint teakle to win contests and make something happen.

Sachi Syme has been playing since our first season.

Need to develop our own Marinoff/Hatchard duo in the mids. Really hope Lauren Young gets a good run at it soon enough.
Hopefully Young will slot in and Tahau next year as well, but honestly, Young has done 2 ACLs already, I'm not basing our hopes on her.

Would love however to be able to replace Mules with Ewing's, Hammond with Young and squeeze Tahau in somehow.

Syme played last year for us.

Where do the AFLW umpires come from? Last year they had a teenage girl umpiring and the guy tonight looked like a players Dad and it was his turn to umpire. Why don’t they make a couple of the maggots full time and get them to umpire AFLW as well.
Its disgraceful. AFL spend millions marketing it but as usual doesnt get the basics right.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 1 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back