Port Adelaide Vs St Kilda game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes great game but there was one umpire that should be sacked, the one hu gave the holding the ball decision against Kosi in the goal square, resulting in a goal f..............g b....s....t

sainters said:
Yes great game but there was one umpire that should be sacked, the one hu gave the holding the ball decision against Kosi in the goal square, resulting in a goal f..............g b....s....t
This was a definite free kick - Hudghton's fault - he also grabbed the ball.

I thought the free to Brogan was the critical one and costly in the end.

But I think the main reason St Kilda didn't win is they didn't take advantage of their dominance early and they ran out of legs.

Pred said:
Wow. I have no fingernails left, literally. Listening to this on net radio was just an unbelievable strain. What a finish. So goddamn proud of the boys, for continuing the Port tradition and making yet another grand final.

To Rave Slave, Still Crowing, Crowmosone, Snakebite abd friends, thanks for the support guys. We appreciate it, and we hope you have a wonderful week.

Cheers!!

GO THE FARGIN POWER!!!!!!!!!! DO IT FOR FOS, BOYS.
We're NOT doing it for Fos, we're doing it for those of us who are here now!
All the Fos business is the exact type of sentiment we need to leave at the gate!

i just feel port have celebrated too long and too hard tonight they ......would be wrecked from the game and i dont see them winning next week you can tell they are mentally and physically used up......that win took alot .....and ALOT is an understatement!......eventhough take nothing away from the power great win boys.....bad luck sainters your a team on the rise and will be better for it .....you tried your hearts out tonight .....galant in defeat!......but finals football anything can happen.....imo they wont win but thats my thoughts only......i think this even though i have a bit of port blood in me!

Guerra and Milne lost us the game....if Milne didnt try to be cute and be a hero, just kick the ball Steven!

A deliberate out of bounds against Cornes that wasnt paid was bullsh8t.

But Harvs - what a champion, i really hope he plays on next year and we can send him off with a flag.

The magnificence of this game displays why we watch it.

It also indicates why we post, ad nauseum, about it on here.

If you love footy, and didn't like this game, you've wasted your time.

It had everything. Including a possible swansong from one of the game's greatest players.

Robert Harvey - what a player. Not even I realised how good he really still was.

On the other hand, this could be the beginnings of a history and tradition for Port Power. Unfettered congratulations to them.

Actually, to both teams. This was the Final we had to have.

Edit: That fundament, Wanganeen, indicated, once again, that he wasn't just on the ground to occupy space, as he did for the first 3 quarters. Hate him , but got to admire him.

Santos L Helper said:
We're NOT doing it for Fos, we're doing it for those of us who are here now!
All the Fos business is the exact type of sentiment we need to leave at the gate!
Santos mate, after you being one of Choco's biggest critics this year, and him getting us into a Grand final...well... let's just say if your view differs to mine, I'm happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only bad call (really bad imo) was the Cornes, not paid, deliberate out of bounds.

Course, im a Hawk and when my blokes kick it 60m's UP the line it's paid but 25m's straight across.. nah...

I hate that rule because it's never paid with any consistency.. ever.

Fantastic match, good for the non partisan fan
credit to st.kilda, really battled it out, and a sensational base to work with...
Well done port, great effort to overcome so many demons, good luck next week think ul need it after all that...almost think u played ur grand final right there

Grendel said:
Only bad call (really bad imo) was the Cornes, not paid, deliberate out of bounds.

Course, im a Hawk and when my blokes kick it 60m's UP the line it's paid but 25m's straight across.. nah...

it's all totally dependent on how much of a jerk the umpire on the scene is.

when you get goldspink, you get dudded.

Grendel said:

Cornes was saved because it was extremely hurried and their was a Port player alone out there.

I reckon the call where Dal Santo dragged the ball back in and didn't attempt to get it back out was worse. Definitely holding the ball based on what they have done at other times of the year. That is another rule that has no consistency.

that was the first time i saw port actually SING their song, they never do it with much gusto, and i think they will be satisfied that the monkeys off their back, and they will probably be tired next week, put less heart into it. They just played their GF.

skylark18 said:
WTF.............players doing a lap of honour???
I think they played their Grand Final tonight.

They will be as FLAT as next week.
Heard that last year as well didn't we?

What a fantastic game of football, absolute pleasure to watch.
No shame in that lost sainters. That experience will turn you into
an awesome side, expect to be up there for years to come.
Port congratulations and good luck next week regardless of who
you play, hopefully the lions.

To all of those "neutrals" who were actively rooting against Port during this thread - suffer in your jocks. You've picked your side and now you've got to wear it.

Well done, boys. If we can play that craphouse for 3/4s and get over the Saints, I'd love to see how we go if we can get near 100% next week.

Go the Pah...

johnnyhoward said:
that was the first time i saw port actually SING their song, they never do it with much gusto, and i think they will be satisfied that the monkeys off their back, and they will probably be tired next week, put less heart into it. They just played their GF.

We were playing for self-respect. Now we're playing to win.

skylark18 said:
WTF.............players doing a lap of honour???
I think they played their Grand Final tonight.

They will be as FLAT as next week.
Why must any public display of thanks to a home crowd ON THE LAST TIME THAT THEY WILL PLAY IN FRONT OF THEM THIS YEAR be critised. It's not like Vic clubs who at least most of their members would be able to go to the GF. Not many of the 40k PA fans will be at the G next week.

If they are flat next week, it will be more to do with Gehrig/Ball/Guerra/Penny/etc tackles and pressure than a lap of honour or excessive celebrations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide Vs St Kilda game thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back